• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Collider Editor

Plugins Collider Editor v2.5.0

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Collider Editor - Configures and customizes collisions (rigidbodies and colliders).

Collider Editor

Configures and customizes collisions (rigidbodies and colliders).

Collider Editor Screenshot

How to use

Once the plugin has been added to an atom, you will be able to configure the collider. Here's a minimal...

Read more about this resource...

Acid Bubbles updated Collider Editor with a new update entry:

Collider Editor v2.2.3

- Support for GPU colliders, which means you can disable and customize clothing and hair collisions as well!
- Simpler navigation for editables list (arrows)
- Removed colliders owned by disabled components from the list (removes some useless entries, making the list shorter)
- Fix for when custom unity assets are parented (thanks frobnitz!)
- Migration for Virt-A-Mate 1.19 saves (thanks via5!)
- Natural sorting, so Collider9 comes before Collider10 (thanks via5!)
- Deprecate the custom...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks much for the plugin! I was using it just now to try and figure out why model fingers will just disappear into the geometry, and I think I understand better from the visualization(images below) that there isn't any hard outer skin geometry to collide with? just a collection of stacked layers that fingers(or whatnot) are free to wiggle between at the right angles. Is there a collision setting or way to change this so fingers don't pass through the visual skin geometry? Thanks!
1602189871.jpg
1602189832.jpg

Well that's the bulk of the "skin precise" collisions, adding enough colliders for realistic skin contact, but few enough for performance (they also interact), and a mesh collider is out of the questions in terms of performance... so no, while collider editor lets you fine tune stuff, the mechanics of it are VaM's. You can also adjust their offset and size to workaround you specific scene's issues...

I love your plugin. I've been able to do alot. There's something I noticed; if I turn off collisions I can rely on the advanced collisions to represent the colliders your plugin allows us to customize, However when I turn off the futa/male's collisions and turn all colliders back on with your plugin everything works very reliably (even better) but the penis is the only exception. I was wondering is there a workaround or anything I can do to have the penis colliders still work like everything else does?

That's a good question... I think the penis colliders are "standard rigidbodies" with colliders rather than the complex autocollider system VaM uses. If you can send me a dumb proof repro, I'll take a look whenever I can!

When I uncheck colliders for a person, even the advanced colliders, and make the person invisible, I can still see a faint little impression on another person's skin when I move the invisible head over to the other person. How do I turn it completely off before using your Collider Editor to selectively turn on parts?

Probably the GPU colliders? Are you using the latest version? Otherwise it's very possible Collider Editor misses some colliders, it's a pretty complex reverse engineering endeavour...

Hi. Sorry if my question is stupid.

I usually modify existing models using morphs to make their breasts smaller.
As a result a Pectoral Collider is always completely outside of the breast (breast move when my hand is 10cm from the skin).
So I tried to use your script to put this collider back in the breast.

My question is how can I "save" it with my look preset so that the modification remains every time I use the model?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, do you know if it is possible to add a gpu collider programmatically with a plugin?

Yeah you're right, and it does sound really involved :( I'm just trying to figure out some way to make cloth sim usable even if impractical on male characters. I think with your plugin it would be reasonably feasible, if there were some GPU colliders there in the first place, even if they were rudimentary.

Well there _are_ a lot but building autocolliders for breast for example would probably need access to some of VaM's internals (this is one of the reason many people are waiting for VaM 2.0!)

Anyway apart from documentation above... I have just been looking at plugin now to try and figure out a problem I have been having for a while now.... I have a "thick" character... and for some reason her right ass check never sits still, it is always slightly moving/shaking slightly... in some positions during animation is actually shakes very severely.

Looking at it when colliders are on, I can see that the RGlute Autocollider group there is constantly slightly moving while she stands still. Are there some reason or fix for this?

In this video I increased the Auto Radius Multiplier to 1.38 to make them "fill" the pants perfectly... but the right side colliders still slowly move while standing still.

Last edited:
VaM's collider structure is... tricky. Colliders will "push" against each other's complex joint structure, and if the structure can't settle, you'll get some shake. The only way you can reduce this is by relieving the pressure, which is much easier said than done!

VaM's collider structure is... tricky. Colliders will "push" against each other's complex joint structure, and if the structure can't settle, you'll get some shake. The only way you can reduce this is by relieving the pressure, which is much easier said than done!

OK. Strange that the "pressure" from somewhere only causes one side (right) to continually move, while the other side (left) stays perfectly still and stable.

@Acid Bubbles Hi Acid! First of all, thanks for all your amazing plugins! Then... i have a question but i don't know if i'll be able to explain it... let's try:

I want to know how to make sure everything I've changed with this plugin is back to normal \ default.

Example: I have a scene with a Person, i load this plugin and change some colliders, i save the scene. Then... i re-load the scene and i want to remove the plugin. Now... how can i be sure that everything is back to the original Person Look parameters?

@Voithe normally when you remove the plugin, I tried very hard to "revert" to what was set before the plugin was applied. But if in the meantime VaM made changes, Collider Editor will be unaware of them, and it will revert to the previous values.

I think the "best" way to make absolutely sure the person atom is clean of any changes would be to save the appearance preset and the pose preset, remove the atom, add a person atom and re-apply the pose and appearance. If you had other plugins, I think just resetting the appearance would do the trick, but this is all if there are colliders that didn't correctly reset.

@Acid Bubbles Thanks! This is all i wanted to know! ;)

Just clarify me one last thing: The "Reset" button in the Plugin UI revert all to the state it was when the Plugin was loaded?

Back
Top Bottom