Collider Editor

Plugins Collider Editor

So nothing can be done about this? Does this mean collider editor from this point forward only supports editing colliders on atoms of scale 1, and we should only change size with morphs, because editing and/or applying collider presets on different scale atoms is broken?

Edit: I've tried the morphs only route, and it's sooo much worse. Way more collider issues, scaling heads with morphs ignores hair so everything looks off now, and scaling male bodies with morphs messes up penis geometry (they're cones or baseball bats now, depending on scaling direction).

Last edited:
@thiciathy oh, there's _always_ something that can be done! (well.... almost). It would just need for someone to figure out a _workaround_ to the VaM's internals, which is always a challenge (and I'm a single person with too many projects, so I can't fix all issues, especially when they are already workarounds on workarounds to allow something that VaM wasn't built to allow).

When I receive reports like this, I add them to my list (here: https://trello.com/b/3dqtmZ3u/acid-bubbles-plugins) and I really hope to either find the time to get there (I do my best but I'd have to leave my full time job or divorce to get the time to make a dent in that list!) or to get some more contributors, which is easier said than done.

So yeah, maybe there ain't a good solution at the moment. Sorry about that :(

I can't help with code, or afford to pay you for the work, but at least I can provide as much diagnostics as I was able to gather to make pinpointing the bug as easy as possible.

First, there's a small bug where previews don't update after loading a preset:

Then, it seems like loading a preset with collider edits doesn't cause the colliders to scale by atom scale, and it only happens during editing:

Which means whatever piece of code is causing it is only present in the "slider edit -> apply to collider" code path, and not in the "preset load -> apply to collider" one.

Reset colliders function doesn't fix the scale issue, and the only way to "fix" it, or to correct the collider to its accurate scale is to scale the atom to 1, and edit the collider again.

@thiciathy I wouldn't accept money anyway since my problem is time :) But I always appreciate the details. In this case, I think you're right, after loading a preset there should be a global refresh of the collider previews, I added that the list of issues.

I really can't say when it could happen, but if / when I do work on Collider Editor I'll take a look. I'm overwhelmed though so I would say, don't wait for it. (I know it sucks to hear that, but I prefer being candid about the situation. Actually, I was in a similar situation when I was asking Meshed about possession hiding the head geometry, and finally had to learn everything to figure this out myself...)

Hi awesome Acid Bubbles!

I'm looking for the latest 2.5 version of the Collider Editor, but I can't find it in Everlaster's resources and the latest version on your Patreon is 2.2.3 from Sept 4 2020.

Where can I find the best version of this awesome tool?

(BTW when I click download on version 2.5 here I still get version '38'

Hey, just wanted to report a bug/problem, I know you mentioned that your lacking time at the moment, but I thought it was worth pointing out. I think thiciathy pointed it out a bit.

When you adjust the Scale of a character under Control & Physics 1, the Positioning and sizes of colliders start to become inaccurate, the more you scale your character the worse it gets. Adjusting everything to be perfect, the moment you switch away from it, or a morph is adjusted, the colliders will change to fit a Scale 1.000 character with that morphs positioning. So i.e Scale is set to 1.200, penis colliders will always refresh/update to be too small, and if scale is set to 0.800 colliders will always refresh/update to be too big.

But the issues appears to be apparent whether you are loading a preset or not. It just appears to be in general.

EDIT: omg, just saw your trello. I guess just take this post as +1 to getting collider editor an update. No rush tho :p

Last edited:
Haha @3rdStoryline thanks for the info. And yeah, Collider Editor really is a way to say "screw VaM's internals, THIS is what I want!" but when you play with stuff in VaM like scale and some morphs, things start conflicting, so it's more a limitation than a bug, really. I'm not dismissing the issue, just saying that detecting and acting on it would be very, very painful to make.

Is there a way to "bake" the edited colliders to the model? Or do I have to pack my models with the Collider Editor plugin and individual preset? I try to make my package as lean as possible.

Hi I am having issues with the collider editor, whenever putting on the plugin into a atom (a person) when I go to load a preset it tells me that it's missing 140 items and that my preset won't get imported at all, does anyone know how to fix this it would be great for any help to fix my problem

I'm trying to add Collider Editor 38 to my female, but it's not working. It doesn't show in the directory unless I manually go to Addon Packages, and even then, when I click on it, it doesn't open up. Collider Editor 35 works just fine, however.

Any reason for this? I'm on the current version of Virtamate, too.

Edit: I found it, nvm. My apologies. For a moment, I thought it wasn't showing up to me. The collisions between all of them are causing my thicc female to explode, however.

Last edited:
Problems with auto-colliders not updating / resetting: I change f.e. the offset to -0.002 to just hide the collider FaceCentral2 in the lip. Then I switch to another collider and switch back to FaceCentral2. It's still at -0.002 but the visual collider is back at its original out-of-lip location. That happens with all variables. When I dial in extreme values however they stay extreme.

Could anyone advise me on something please? I'd like to know if it is possible to "merge" presets, if you will.

Imagine for a moment I had worked on the hands and saved a preset. Then say I worked on the feet and saved a preset.

Can I combine the work I did from those two presets into a "hands and feet" preset? Or do I have to start from scratch/intend to make a full preset from the start?

Thank you.

I wonder, given that you can select different settings for the x-ray vs protrusions, if it would be possible to add code to the plugin to automatically adjust the colliders to reduce protrusions instead of having the manually go through the colliders and adjust them so they no longer protrude from the body.

Collider editor shows errors "Cant find save....". How do i fix this?. log attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_VirtualDesktop.Android_2024.01.29-23.11.27.709_420.jpeg
    Screenshot_VirtualDesktop.Android_2024.01.29-23.11.27.709_420.jpeg
    959.7 KB · Views: 0
thighs and hips are off even though not modified.
This Plugin should be considered essential with ONE caveat. For some reason when i add this plugin to a look, i will only modify internal colliders for the genital area BUT just having the plugin installed throws off the colliders in the thighs, butt and hips, even though i haven't touched them!

Fingers will sink into the skin and it definitely takes you out of the immersion for sure.

Is there something i should be doing?

Back
Top Bottom