Timeline
I did wonder about adding the trigger for the float plugin to the loop and constantly being triggered it feels wrong but it does work for turning the plugin on doing what i need it to during the loop (the end action worked to turn it off if that anim is not playing). maybe not ideal but all i could figure out.

when you say "What does this mean for a trigger? If you then had a trigger at, say, 9.2 seconds...
1.2 seconds after the sequence started, the trigger will activate."

this is where my brain says huh. id assume it would trigger at 9.2, not 1.2 after the sequence started. seems backwards to me but im probably missing the point of it. im guessing this is only true of looped animations and how they work as it does as id expect if anim 2 was not looped.

a non looped "Anim 2 setup" animation before anim 2 seems the way to go. it was my 2nd option. thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I did wonder about adding the trigger for the float plugin to the loop and constantly being triggered it feels wrong but it does work for turning the plugin on doing what i need it to during the loop (the end action worked to turn it off if that anim is not playing). maybe not ideal but all i could figure out.

when you say "What does this mean for a trigger? If you then had a trigger at, say, 9.2 seconds...
1.2 seconds after the sequence started, the trigger will activate."

this is where my brain says huh. id assume it would trigger at 9.2, not 1.2 after the sequence started. seems backwards to me but im probably missing the point of it. im guessing this is only true of looped animations and how they work as it does as id expect if anim 2 was not looped.

a non looped "Anim 2 setup" animation before anim 2 seems the way to go. it was my 2nd option. thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I'll give the example again yet somewhat different ;

Say we have 2 animations, both are 10 seconds long.

Animation 1 does not loop, has no keyframes/triggers, and auto sequences into Animation 2.

Animation 2 does loop, has 1 trigger keyframe at exactly 9.5 seconds, AND has a blend-in duration set for 2 seconds.

Now what happens when we play animation 1, it will start playing animation 1, except due to the sequence we set up, and due the the 2 second blend-in duration it detects on the next animation in it's sequence, the next animation will start "blending in" once Animation 1 reaches the scrubber point of exactly 8 seconds (10 seconds minus the 2 seconds blend-in).

What this translates to, is that timeline then, will try to play the stuff that's happening on Animation 1 scrubber position 8-10 seconds, together with the last section of animation 2 (the final 2 seconds, due to the blend-in duration set up), at which point, it will detect the trigger that's been put in Animation 2 at 9.5 seconds...

This means that during the playtime of Animation 1, at 8 seconds, when the blend-in starts with animation 2, exactly 1.5 seconds later it will play the trigger, WHILE animation 1 is still blending into Animation 2 (9.5 seconds, minus 8 seconds).

I think one point of confusion/take into account is...
Why does the blend-in of animation 2 start at the END of it's animation ?
Because Animation 2 was set up as a looping animation, it techincally sees the entire animation as one long un-ending cycle.

Put triggers on non loops, or outside of the "spectrum" of a blend-in cycle.

Alternative*

Set up a Delay plugin with: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/logicbricks.1975/

In the example above, you'd trigger the delay at second 0 of Animation 1, and set the delay plugin itself to 19.5 seconds.

It ensures the triggers gets executed only once, and you will avoid blending issues all together, but perhaps a bit more work if you require multiple different triggers.

Last edited:
I'll give the example again yet somewhat different ;

Say we have 2 animations, both are 10 seconds long.

Animation 1 does not loop, has no keyframes/triggers, and auto sequences into Animation 2.

Animation 2 does loop, has 1 trigger keyframe at exactly 9.5 seconds, AND has a blend-in duration set for 2 seconds.

Now what happens when we play animation 1, it will start playing animation 1, except due to the sequence we set up, and due the the 2 second blend-in duration it detects on the next animation in it's sequence, the next animation will start "blending in" once Animation 1 reaches the scrubber point of exactly 8 seconds (10 seconds minus the 2 seconds blend-in).

What this translates to, is that timeline then, will try to play the stuff that's happening on Animation 1 scrubber position 8-10 seconds, together with the last section of animation 2 (the final 2 seconds, due to the blend-in duration set up), at which point, it will detect the trigger that's been put in Animation 2 at 9.5 seconds...

This means that during the playtime of Animation 1, at 8 seconds, when the blend-in starts with animation 2, exactly 1.5 seconds later it will play the trigger, WHILE animation 1 is still blending into Animation 2 (9.5 seconds, minus 8 seconds).

I think one point of confusion/take into account is...
Why does the blend-in of animation 2 start at the END of it's animation ?
Because Animation 2 was set up as a looping animation, it techincally sees the entire animation as one long un-ending cycle.

Put triggers on non loops, or outside of the "spectrum" of a blend-in cycle.

Alternative*

Set up a Delay plugin with: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/logicbricks.1975/

In the example above, you'd trigger the delay at second 0 of Animation 1, and set the delay plugin itself to 19.5 seconds.

It ensures the triggers gets executed only once, and you will avoid blending issues all together, but perhaps a bit more work if you require multiple different triggers.

"or outside of the "spectrum" of a blend-in cycle"

see i tried this too sorry its 4:20am im tired.

blend-in 1 second.
Anim 1, 7 seconds no loop.
Anim 2, 30 seconds looped, trigger at 15 seconds.

Still triggers at 6 second mark of Anim 1. fixed now with a non looped 1 second "transition/setup" animation. simple and doesn't need another plugin but i like the logic brick idea. thanks again.

Still triggers at 6 second mark of Anim 1

Because you still use the "end trigger" tab I am positive.
I assume, because of this, the trigger will engage regardless of it's position on the animation itself.
The reason you see it trigger at 6 seconds is because that is when the blend-in starts into the animation with the trigger.

sorry for delay. im afraid its not the end action. i removed them a while back to test. ive worked around it using a "setup" animation though.

to test though (because its bugging me) ive set it up like so:

Anim 1 non-looped. 7 seconds sequenced to go to anim 2. blend-time 1 second
Anim 2 looped 30 seconds. blend-time 1 second.

in Anim 2 at 15 seconds I have a trigger to change an InvisibleLights color to blue then at 17 seconds it will change it to red.

it still triggers in Anim 1 at 6 seconds but heres the thing, red (2nd trigger) is the one that activates.

again though this only happens if blend-in time is more than 0 even when the next animations triggers are well out of the blend-in time zones.

no big deal now ive figured it out but now im thinking I need to go back to a lot of abandoned scenes that never quite worked right to see if its something to do with this.

p.s. just noticed... adding an empty trigger with no actions "AFTER" the first trigger actually fixes it too. so timeline is triggering the last trigger first regardless of where it is in the scrubber when its a non-looped going to a looped animation with a blend-in.

p.p.s it actually happens with a looped going in to a looped animation too. trigger is triggering way too soon, unless that's intentional then my apologies.

Timeline.283 btw

sorry for delay. im afraid its not the end action. i removed them a while back to test. ive worked around it using a "setup" animation though.

to test though (because its bugging me) ive set it up like so:

Anim 1 non-looped. 7 seconds sequenced to go to anim 2. blend-time 1 second
Anim 2 looped 30 seconds. blend-time 1 second.

in Anim 2 at 15 seconds I have a trigger to change an InvisibleLights color to blue then at 17 seconds it will change it to red.

it still triggers in Anim 1 at 6 seconds but heres the thing, red (2nd trigger) is the one that activates.

again though this only happens if blend-in time is more than 0 even when the next animations triggers are well out of the blend-in time zones.

no big deal now ive figured it out but now im thinking I need to go back to a lot of abandoned scenes that never quite worked right to see if its something to do with this.

p.s. just noticed... adding an empty trigger with no actions "AFTER" the first trigger actually fixes it too. so timeline is triggering the last trigger first regardless of where it is in the scrubber when its a non-looped going to a looped animation with a blend-in.

p.p.s it actually happens with a looped going in to a looped animation too. trigger is triggering way too soon, unless that's intentional then my apologies.

Timeline.283 btw
I cannot reproduce what you are talking about, my triggers always work as expected, they never trigger when I don't want them to trigger...

If I were to re-create your example, for me, once the scrubber in animation 1 reaches 6 seconds, it will indeed start the blend-in, but it will NOT activate any trigger, because in animation 2, the trigger is simply not within it's reach.....

So again, I have no clue why a trigger is triggering for you, while it's not within the scope of the animation/scrubber position.

To me it sounds like your timeline is behaving in a way it should not, or rather, it's behaving in a way I have never experienced myself (Used timeline for ~6 months now).

Perhaps someone else here has a clue what you are on about, or if your VaM is perhaps bugged.

very odd. I started another new blank scene to test, same issue.

only plugins i have active are timeline on the person and acidbubbles keybinding in session plugins.

here is my entire test scene if its any use to anyone or can see the same problem (red light coming on at 6 second mark) it would be useful to know if its only me seeing this.

Attachments

• timeline-trigger-problem.json
    397.3 KB · Views: 0
very odd. I started another new blank scene to test, same issue.

only plugins i have active are timeline on the person and acidbubbles keybinding in session plugins.

here is my entire test scene if its any use to anyone or can see the same problem (red light coming on at 6 second mark) it would be useful to know if its only me seeing this.
You are very correct in that this issue is not a you issue.

I opened up your scene, and I was presented with the same problem,
Some findings:

- Adding an empty trigger in animation 2 at the ~ 25 seconds mark, makes it so that it will try to "trigger" this empty trigger, which is a workaround solution.

- Setting the Time Offset to +3 seconds in the Animation 2 Sequence screen, also makes it so that the animation will "start" at the start of animation 2, and not at the end, if you do this, it will not trigger the red light trigger. <- the best workaround in my opinion.

- Another thing I noticed, in animation 1 Sequence, set the "play next" to Randomize, and set the Random Group weight of animation 1 to zero.
This, changes the timing behaviour of when the trigger occurs it appears.... It will not engage the trigger at exactly 6 seconds anymore...

It appears, sequencing is the culprit... But I am uncertain as to why....

I took the liberty of trying to re-create what you have shown me here in an empty scene of my own, and triggers behave like I expect them to when sequencing.......

Now I am just as confused as you...

Last edited:
I moved all my plugins temporarily and downloaded timeline again and made another new scene but same thing happens again.
im on vam 1.22.03

heres my workflow to reproduce.

clicked on "return to scene view" from the main menu after opening vam (empty scene)
add slate
add person
add light
add timeline 283 to person
add headcontrol to timeline
add trigger track
edit anim 1 to 7s (stretch, but doesnt matter)
select middle of scrubber, move head to add frame
create animation 2, edit time to 30s
add trigger at 15s (invisiblelight color = blue)
copy trigger select 18s on scrubber paste and change color to red
select Anim 1, Sequence, Play next:Anim 2
click play all

Is there any way to play next animation in an instant instead of blend? Like say when 2nd animation comes then the starting pose of animation 2 comes instant without body movement blend in. Setting blend to 0 will only lessen the duration to switch to next animation pose but it will still have physics and body parts movement. I want to switch to 2nd animation without messing up the physics and switch in instant just like when we switch normal pose and its instant.

Is there any way to play next animation in an instant instead of blend? Like say when 2nd animation comes then the starting pose of animation 2 comes instant without body movement blend in. Setting blend to 0 will only lessen the duration to switch to next animation pose but it will still have physics and body parts movement. I want to switch to 2nd animation without messing up the physics and switch in instant just like when we switch normal pose and its instant.
Click the little checkbox on "apply pose on transition" in the pose tab accompanied by a sequence blend-in of zero

1708739768692.png

Click the little checkbox on "apply pose on transition" in the pose tab accompanied by a sequence blend-in of zero

View attachment 338542
Oh! so its actually related to sequence settings too, i thought it was only for loading poses and stuff. can i save a controller preset too with this? which i could just load when ever i start with new atoms and after applying the preset the person pose don't change but only controllers come. Really appreciate the help!

my old friend, i hope you are fine
see what YOUR plugin was doin with my unprofessional hands ;)
i was sitting on one week, but have a look
this one was completly produced with timeline ;) ...and so far its my best one

i love you and your gorgeous plugin!
thx in advance for that awesome one
have a nice weekend mate
seeya

It seems that animating CUA atoms in the latest version of timeline is broken. It doesn't animate them at all, at least not for the few atoms I've tried. I seem to remember this working at one point.

Strangely, I can see in timeline that the numbers for the x,y and z axis are changing, but the CUA stays in the same spot...

I tried starting up an empty scene with just a text box with timeline on it and I noticed that initially it worked! But then when I tried adding some more keys on stuff like alpha then it broke. I don't know if that was what broke it, it could have been something else but it worked for a few minutes and then it broke.

Last edited:
I kept getting this error when I was making an animation, no big deal right I just saved and just reload the scene but when I did reload the scene all the animations/keyfrems/segments/layers were gone on the other person, just like that hours of work just gone.. i didnt know something like that could happen, i didnt even know what caused it

Attachments

• image_2024-03-03_204345997.png
    image_2024-03-03_204345997.png
    38 KB · Views: 0
  1. why i can"t see the contorlers path in target tabs after version 275 even though i select the ui option?

给 #help-timeline 发消息

When trying to import animations I have saved from other scenes I try to add them at the end of the current segment, however, no matter which of the options I have selected the plugin is requiring me to make a new segment with the import, is this feature broken? There also doesnt seem to be a way to move animations between segments in the manage screen so there isnt a workaround that i can see. Any tips?

Does anyone know why importing an animation breaks hands? The slides for the different morphs are moving fine but nothing happens to the model. In the original and even when merge loading the animation into my scene it still works on the original. Something seems to break during export but they look identical.

i just never lost my addiction to your gorgeous hands of work
god bless you acid

by the way.. i saw just right now that i have to update your awesome hero plugin.. i drive with v380 to this day
catch ya later, and thx again for all your great work
i love you

Is there a way to rig a button that will start a specific animation at a specific time? Like a preset for 60 seconds into a 2 minute animation or something?
I tried some things with UI Assist and the button atom, but couldn't figure it out.
Thanks

Is there a way to rig a button that will start a specific animation at a specific time? Like a preset for 60 seconds into a 2 minute animation or something?
I tried some things with UI Assist and the button atom, but couldn't figure it out.
Thanks

do you mean to trigger a button? add a trigger track and add the trigger you want, 60 seconds in.
Edit the trigger to activate any feature on any atom within the scene.

Is it possible to make the second layer not play at the same time when I trigger/play the first layer?

Last edited:
here i show you guys the difference of a ai tracing motion tool and a ultimate gorgeous powerfull professional Plugin:

god bless Acidbubbles and this guy what make this "framesmoothing ability for timeline"
<3

this video shows clearly what is possible without a 10k +finger and face motiontracing suit+hardware
just...hard working lessons inside timeline ^^°

big love and happy eastern!

@♣acid, you can use that video for your promotionals
cya

Hi there.
There are Triggers for playing the next and previous Animation.
Would it be possible to add Triggers for play next and play previous Sequence as well?

Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v6.4.0

- Previous / Next Segment storable and keybinding
- Current Animation Changed trigger (Global trigger called whenever an animation transitions)
- Detect and skip broken frames to avoid losing corrupted scenes completely
- Rename "Paste current pose" to "Paste copied pose" to avoid confusion
- Fix pasting a trigger on an animation without that trigger copies the trigger on every animation and at the end too
- Make sure float param ref checks are always done when loading or playing
- Fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom