Timeline
@BigBoobCoomBlast69 Audio sync actually locks the animation's time to the audio track, here's what happens:

1. You play the Timeline animation; it "plays" frame zero, but won't move forward at all.
2. The trigger at frame zero is ran, which plays the audio
3. Since the audio is playing, Timeline is playing
4. Any other layers that are not linked to the audio clip will advance freely

It's tricky :)

hi guys, How do i export ONLY the face expression animation from the plugin?
There is an ahegao face expression animation from a scene i really like, i want to use it on other scenes. How do i do it?

Hi. Maybe this has been answered already but i couldn't find a mention with the search function.

I'm trying to combine Timeline with animation plugins like SilverBJ.

So i have a Timeline animation set up where the girl teases the guy and then gets in position, and now the SilverBJ should take over (with active trigger in timeline), however her head does not move because it's control is "priotizing" timeline (even though there are no set keyframes after the trigger).

Is there a way to combine Timeline movement with plugin animation or any good work around?
(Could swear this was working with Autothruster earlier, but i'll have to try that again...)

I guess i could create a new segment just for the SilverBJ part but maybe there is a preferable solution?
Sadly could not find a way to just have the next animation include no targets, to let the SilverBJ plugin take over...

Edit: Ok i think i have found a solution. In SilverBJ's case the head target was problematic because it was "controlled" by Timeline. So i changed the "Controller Weight headControl" in receiver target: VaMTimeline to 0, with the same trigger which set SilberBJ to active. Now just set it back to 100 with a trigger at the start or end of the animation or set a timer (neat!) and you're set.

Last edited:
hey acid, it was not easy but .. see it by your self ^^° ... i realy love timeline meanwhile and i have not only to regard you mate, i have let a tip on your patreon, greetings

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for your replies here Acid Bubbles.

I was wondering if there is a easy way to have triggers active only while the animation is playing? I know you can setup a second trigger to deactivate the actions at the end of the timeline but what if there is a loop, you could set deactivate actions at the start of the next anim, but is there a easier way?

For example at the start of anim1 clothes get deactivated but then the anim gets interrupted by a button, so because anim1 is not playing anymore that "clothes off" trigger should get turn off again.

I guess you could have a block move and collision off scene with a transition trigger, and put everything in there (if i understand transition triggers correctly), but that would be rather complicated.

@kiwimatsch I'm... confused :D The Loop toggle will indeed "delete" your last frame (that's what "loop" does, your first and last frame are the same) but it shouldn't delete your record. I'll need more details (screenshots or a video maybe) to understand what you mean?

@hentailondon you can have an animation with an enter trigger and an exit trigger; if you have a single segment, simply create a layer with only one looping animation in it, and a single trigger. It'll activate when playing, and deactivate when stopping. If you have multiple segments, you can create a "shared segment" to achieve the same thing :)

@kiwimatsch I'm... confused :D The Loop toggle will indeed "delete" your last frame (that's what "loop" does, your first and last frame are the same) but it shouldn't delete your record. I'll need more details (screenshots or a video maybe) to understand what you mean?
am already fix it by ma self, i now know how to use and edit loops <3 thx anyway i was an dumphead ^^

this is actally the result lol

@hentailondon you can have an animation with an enter trigger and an exit trigger; if you have a single segment, simply create a layer with only one looping animation in it, and a single trigger. It'll activate when playing, and deactivate when stopping. If you have multiple segments, you can create a "shared segment" to achieve the same thing :)

DzUZoGiU0AAkvRd.jpg

Heyo @Acid Bubbles ,
I am building something with 1 Layer/Segment and 12 animations, and I want to to Auto Play and randomize all the animations for the sequence.
However, when I load the scene or plugin preset, Auto Play does a strange thing where the first animations plays and then it waits for like 370 seconds.
Not sure if it's a timing issue where it is starting to play before all the animations or loaded, or something?

All these animations are under 15 seconds:
1677131435962.png

EDIT:
Annnd I fixed it. I had to change this setting under options to Game Time:
1677134072873.png

Last edited:
Oh? That's.... very very weird. That really sounds like a bug. Game time might be broken? I'll check it when I can, thanks!

I changed it to Game Time to fix the issue, Real time (default) was what was having the problem.
Each time I loaded the plugin, the time got longer lol. It was up to 450 seconds.
It was these animations btw, you check the plugin preset:

I'm having an issue keeping the audio synced with the timeline animations.

So I'll have, for example, a 200 second timeline. I'll add an audio trigger to frame 0 that starts with the timeline animation, and it's exactly 200 seconds long.

As I add in animations (particularly using the Record Animation function), what happens is the timeline runs just a bit slower than it should and the audio will actually finish about 10-15 seconds before the animation does.

I figured I might have too many keyframes, so I used the reduce function to get ride of about 20%. But it didn't seem to help at all.

What makes it even more cumbersome is that I'll animate, say, the head. And it syncs fine. Then while I'm animating the left hand, the timeline runs a little slower and the audio ends before the timeline does...and now my hand isn't in sync with my head lol.

I also tried turning the performance settings all the way down...thinking that would help, but it didn't.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a solution other than make shorter timelines? I can do that, but I'd have to cut up the audio further and it's a bit of a pain to start over entirely.

@neoajdude yeah you're right there are still timing inconsistencies. You can however use the audio link feature which will match timing perfectly. In Edit, at the end you can link an animation with an audio source. Make sure the trigger at keyframe 0 plays something on that audio source and Timeline will sync up with the audio source timing.

Maybe someone can help. I have problem with using scenes., but not every. If i want to start them, it will not work. I just see a screen and the animation will not start.
Can it be a problem with the timeline plugin?

@neoajdude yeah you're right there are still timing inconsistencies. You can however use the audio link feature which will match timing perfectly. In Edit, at the end you can link an animation with an audio source. Make sure the trigger at keyframe 0 plays something on that audio source and Timeline will sync up with the audio source timing.
Thank you so much! That worked perfectly.

@Burli1980 very hard to tell without more details. Maybe to help you figure things out:

1. Check the Error Log in VaM. If it's filled with errors, then the reason is somewhere in them. After starting vam, first clear errors that may be due to missing packages, load the scene, and check if there's an error. This should pinpoint if something's missing or broken.
2. Sometimes you need to actually start the animation, by pressing a button or interacting. But asking for a specific scene with a precise explanation of what you actually see (screenshots, for example) will help - reach out to the author first, they know how their scene works so they'll always be the best person to help (and to help the next one who has trouble with their content!)

I mean, it _can_ be Timeline, but usually if it fails, it's either because you have the wrong VaM version (error), there's a problem with the scene's data (error) or there's something wrong with the scene itself (may have an error or just do nothing, depending on what's up).

Hope that helps!

my best acidbubble timeline so far!, next month there will be a tip again !!!

acid bubble for sure, you are the real secret vam hero!!

big love <3 for real

pls share that fucking awesome video, am waste few days for it <3
you can also use this vid as promotionaly <3
big big love acidbubble <3

IMPORTAND! look that video to the end ;) there is an surprize

I have another question regarding timeline. So I've added the Audio Link to sync with one of the characters. And it works great in terms of keeping the audio synced with the animation.

However, it now seems to have an issue playing the next animation. It seems that it will play the animtion, and then loop and play like 1/5th of a second of the beginning of the animation. And when I set it to play another animation afterward, it doesn't do it.

I've tried a few things but it just keeps looping back to the first 1/5th of second and stopping.
-I tried setting the play next timer lower so it plays the next before the end of the animation but that didn't work. It just keeps playing past it and looping back.
-I even tried adding a trigger in to play the next animation that way. This MIGHT work, but it doesn't seem to apply to everyones saved pose. So I might have to add it to all the characters timelines, or make multiple triggers that reference everyone.

I'm willing to add the trigger to everyone, if that's what it is. But I thought I would check first if there is a setting or something that I'm missing.

EDIT: I think I figure this out. I have a habit of making my segments about a second longer than the audio (just to have some room at the end). Once I adjusted the lengths, and moved the trigger to go to the next segment a little earlier in the timeline, that seemed to help.

Last edited:
I think I might be going crazy. After the added audio sync in timeline, I've been creating scenes as one single, long animation which I plop the audio clip in and then get to work. The scrubbing is awesome because I can very accurately scrub to various audio beats in songs and add animation accordingly.

I've been working on finishing up my scene for elf month and as I neared the end, I decided to check it out in VR to see how it was coming along. Much to my disappointment, I found the audio to not be synced as it was in desktop mode. After trying all of the usual suspects, I was able to reproduce the same audio sync problem on desktop. It seems when I start the animation with a trigger (the button has a stop and reset action for timeline, then a start animation (name) action, and nothing else.

When I play the animation this way, the audio is not synced to the work I animated. If I stop the animation in timeline, scrub back to the parts I can spot that are not synchronized, and play again, the audio is suddenly synchronized again. It's as if once you start scrubbing, the audio is not syncronized to the same frames as when you start it with a trigger.

What's strange is that I've not noticed this before working on this scene. I think the only major thing I am doing different with audio in this scene I that I have it starting about 15-20 seconds after the animation start, rather than the very first trigger at the beginning of the scene. Could this maybe impact it? I've added a short clip below so you can see what I mean (hopefully without spoiling the scene too much!) Don't forget to click the audio button for redgifs! :)

The first playthrough is starting the animation with a trigger, then I scrub back and start the animation again. The elf is giving Attom a handjob here, and if you listen to the beats of the music, there are two bass thumps which are supposed to be timed with two downward motions of the elf's hand. In the first clip, these are not timed, but they are timed after I stop, scrub back, and start again. What gives?

Any help would be appreciated it!

heres the final, an insane shit trust me, insane production, with an insane plugin! i love timeline, have a loock into that timelined masterpice of art! (and dont get cursed) xD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom