Timeline
@CheersMate but but but... it works on my machine :D But yeah, more seriously, audio link is _the_ best way to sync up audio, but I'm annoyed because it _should_ be in sync with real time... I clearly got something wrong but I'm not seeing what it is...

@huiyu914 thanks! If you play animations that are on another segment, it will switch to that segment so yeah it should work. As for the mouse, I usually switch from VR to non-VR all the time, but I see what you mean. Having an actual mouse would be great! I'll have to hope someone takes up on the idea though, I'm full :D
tks reply, yes it is worked! nice fuction . now i use voice say:"change", the animation will random change , it is inconceivable!:alien:

to use mouse in VR ,This habit is cultivated from the plug-in HS2 GitHub - OrangeSpork/HS2VR: Experimental VR mod for Honey Select 2

I found that in the VR of VAM, the mouse can actually be clicked to take effect, but it is simply not displayed. Maybe we can make a small change ,just display the mouse in VR,don't do other things, even if it is a small red dot.

In this way, I can create people in VR. It is too difficult to create people with the handle:cry:,Especially find morph, turn pages, drag deformation bars, etc

i want copy the man&female pose to another scene
1、position at 0,0,0
2、pose includ both man and female

i have used posemanager, but it can't make position at 0,0,0
i have used timeline-pose-copy&pasth ,it is work, but
1、i can't output the pose (only can output annimation)
2、i can't output the pose both with man&female
捕获.PNG

i don't know add a pose output function is rational or not ,just describe my demand :)

Pose tab can't:cry:
1、only can save pose 1 person
2、the position not at 0,0,0

i often use timeline‘s copy pose function , very useful, because of it, i think this advise ;)

Well Timeline too can only save 1 person... One of the features I did think of but did not implement was multi-atom animations, which would include multi-atom poses. But this is really only about bundling separate animations together, same as if you exported both poses and applied both poses, but in fewer clicks.

Hi, Acid Bubbles

I wanna record MMD player animation using Timeline, it was successful to record those body movements. But it cannot record the person's expression, I tried to add expression-related morphs to the Timeline using the Geometry storable, but I cannot find those morphs control expression there as the picture shows.
Screenshot 2023-01-12 202332.png

There are only 55 morphs I can choose, non of them related to eyelids or mouth and expression.
How can I add those morphs and record expressions?

Thanks!

I found the way,

The morph must be set as "Fav" on the VAM morph tab in order to appear on the timeline.

LOL

Last edited:
I think I may have figured out the "desync" issue, at least in my case? It's not that the keyframes desync with audio - it plays fine, however, the scrubber sync is completely out of whack. If I play the audio normally and sync keyframes that way, it works, but doesn't match the real-time timestamps if I were to listen to it outside of VAM. If I try to slide the seeker around on the scrubber, the audio will go to its realtime value correctly, but it will be out of sync with keyframes as the times between audio played from the start vs seekered don't match. Could probably replicate this by throttling VAM to run at low FPS.

Normally when you scrub, it sets the audio at the time of the animation... so it should always be good. What I probably screwed up was computing the time progression during playback. I'll have to revisit that eventually and find a _reliable_ source of "real time"...

Hi, awesome plugin!

I want to do something kinda specific and I can't figure out if it's possible or not : I have a master layer, with an Idle animation, that transitions randomly to several other animation groups that in turn switch back to idle. Other layers have the same idle and small animations and follow the master layer when it switches. This all works fine.

I now want to have another layer with a set of alternative shorter Idle animations say A, B and C that ONLY play when the master layer is in Idle and cycle randomly among themselves, but continue to follow when other animations are played by the master layer.

Something like :
Master layer : Idle Anim----------------> Anim 1 -> Idle Anim---------> Anim 2 -> Idle --> ...etc, works
Other layers : Idle Anim----------------> Anim 1 -> Idle Anim---------> Anim 2 -> Idle --> ...etc, works
NEW layer : A->B->A->C->B->A->B-> Anim1 -> A->C->B->A->C-> Anim 2 -> A->C->B-> ...etc, how?

Idle selects randomly from a group that has Anim 1 and Anim 2, and A B and C are the shorter Idle animations only for the New Layer.

For example, this new layer could select from small random-looking hand motions while all the other layers are idling, and still switch to other more complex animations like stretching, or shuffling, when the master layer switches. Sorta like a mini semi-autonomous sequencer for that layer only.

I'm a little bit confused with all the intricacies of connecting one layer to another and groups, and this feels like it could maybe be possible if everything is connected in a specific way.

Normally when you scrub, it sets the audio at the time of the animation... so it should always be good. What I probably screwed up was computing the time progression during playback. I'll have to revisit that eventually and find a _reliable_ source of "real time"...
Actually, if I do the audio sync thing in edit menu, it does seem to be close enough. Previously I didn't even use that feature and it was synced well enough for me to not care, I'm not sure what the tradeoffs are between one timemode or the other. Either way, you can count my issue as solved.

@urukyay that sounds perfectly fine, only same-name animations will sync up, so if you play A on all layers, and layer 2 has A > (A1, A2, A3) but layer 1 only has A it should do what you say. You could also use "animation set", to get a behavior close to the one you talked about but without using same-name animations. What I didn't get from your post is what the problem was in trying to do that?

@urukyay that sounds perfectly fine, only same-name animations will sync up, so if you play A on all layers, and layer 2 has A > (A1, A2, A3) but layer 1 only has A it should do what you say. You could also use "animation set", to get a behavior close to the one you talked about but without using same-name animations. What I didn't get from your post is what the problem was in trying to do that?

I wanted layer 1 to control the sequencing, so I couldn't do A->A1,A2,A3 from layer 2 or it would set the first layer's sequencing to "slave". Mainly, I want to maintain control in layer 1 so A can then transition to B as needed, and interrupt A1, A2 and A3 on layer 2. Layer 2 would then play B, B1, B2 and B3, and so on.

Hey there, I'm having an issue with the sequences part of Timeline. If I set an animation's random group weight to 0, and save my scene, it sets it back to 1 on the next load, unless it's the first animation on the list.

Hey @Acid Bubbles , i am playing around with this plugin and custom poses, such as https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/standing-pose-385-448.10735/

I am trying to create an animation as a transition between two poses. I put the person into first pose (Pose presets -> Load...), then add (almost) all its controllers into the Targets.

Then i move the gutter to let's say +1s on the timeline, put the person to a second pose (Pose presets -> Load...) but the keyframes are not added to the timeline. If i just slightly move any controller, then a keyframe is added for that controller as expected. But that would mean i have to slightly move each of the ~8 controllers every time i change pose.

Am i missing something? What's the easiest way to animate between predefined poses?

Thx.

Hey @Acid Bubbles , i am playing around with this plugin and custom poses, such as https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/standing-pose-385-448.10735/

I am trying to create an animation as a transition between two poses. I put the person into first pose (Pose presets -> Load...), then add (almost) all its controllers into the Targets.

Then i move the gutter to let's say +1s on the timeline, put the person to a second pose (Pose presets -> Load...) but the keyframes are not added to the timeline. If i just slightly move any controller, then a keyframe is added for that controller as expected. But that would mean i have to slightly move each of the ~8 controllers every time i change pose.

Am i missing something? What's the easiest way to animate between predefined poses?

Thx.
Use More -> Advanced Keyframe Tools -> Keyframe pose (animated targets only)
This has the same effect (as far as I can tell) as slightly moving each controller (without the moving part).

Hey @Acid Bubbles! I am running into an issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's just me being dumb :p I dug through everything on the wiki and tried searching the forums as well but can't seem to find anyone who's had this same issue before, so I'm reaching out to you in the hope that you can point me to what's going on. Here's the situation:
I have a scene with 5 separate segments, each controlling a different position/set of animations. In one of them, (segment 3b) I have a starting animation with a saved pose and "apply pose on transition" selected because I need the characters to be in a different place. I have the sequence setup as follows:
1674076509076.png

(I have tried checking every box one at a time and combining them in every way I can think of and the result is still the same)

The issue is the Random group weight. I set it to zero, because I only want this first animation to play one time and then randomize the rest of the segment, but it keeps setting itself back to 1 on this first animation, which causes an animation jolt when it randomly gets chosen. Is the best practice to create a completely separate segment for the purpose of transition and then put all of the animations you want to randomize on another segment? Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Love your plugins! I just need to figure out what I'm doing or not doing. Thank you!!

@TheTerribleFairy @ascorad about the weight, yeah it cannot be set to zero, but you do have another feature to achieve that: groups.

For example, you can have animations Approaching, then Dancing/1, Dancing/2, Dancing/3 where all of those animations have their Next animation set to Dancing/*. The trick here is that if you use "/" in your animation name, you can target that specific animations group as a target :)

@TheTerribleFairy @ascorad about the weight, yeah it cannot be set to zero, but you do have another feature to achieve that: groups.

For example, you can have animations Approaching, then Dancing/1, Dancing/2, Dancing/3 where all of those animations have their Next animation set to Dancing/*. The trick here is that if you use "/" in your animation name, you can target that specific animations group as a target :)
Thank you! This helps tremendously!

Thanks! I didn't know that, that's awesome.

Hey Acid-

Thanks for your work on this. I have an issue that I've spent more time than I care to say trying to resolve, and I'm sure the fix is pretty simple:

I have a scene where one character is talking via HeadAudio, with realtime lipsync enabled. I have a trigger to start her speech. I have a second character who is supposed to mention something after this, and her audio starts at the same time (beginning of loop) due to the trigger.

In order to keep them from talking over each other, I've moved the second character's speech to a new sequence, but then her speech doesn't start until the entire first animation is complete, and the time adjustment sliders that I've tried to use to prevent this seem to do nothing.

There are no keyframes on the triggers, so I can't adjust the second voice to follow the first. They either end up chatting at the same time if they are in the same sequence, or the second girl just talks after the first animation is already complete if I have it in a separate sequence. It seems like there are things in place to make this type of "converstation" possible, but like I've said, nothing seems to work.

What I'm trying to do is something like this, and I was going to use this scene as a template, but I can't see where the author installed timeline in the scene.

NEVERMIND-

Obviously showing a lack of basic knowledge about the plugin. I figured out that the slider position on the timeline determines where the audio samples drop in. Makes sense in hindsight, but was not obvious to me for some reason...

Last edited:
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Timeline - An animation timeline with keyframe and controllable curves

Read more about this resource...
I use Timeline so much and It's really amazing, but I feel like I need to ask this question because I think I may be spending time needlessly. When I am copying/pasting poses I am selecting all the controllers that I've added to the animation one by one. Should I be doing this another way? Is there some way to select all of the added controllers at once?

Back
Top Bottom