Official Let us hear your feedback about the new Hub upgrades!

1. copy paste seems broken now in text boxes:
- type multi line text
- try to copy the last line
expected result: copy what I selected
what happens: all text lines get selected and copied

2. edit DM is now missing. I just answered to someone and made grammar errors and now they'll laugh at me forever

Sorry SPQR, I can't seem to reproduce the bug you're describing in #1. Could you give more details? When I type here, or in a reply, and I highlight any line of text and either mouse-select "copy" or hit "ctrl-c" it correctly copies the highlighted text. Could this be an issue with your browser?

As for #2, we discovered some users were using the edit function to remove controversial or inappropriate remarks after-the-fact, so this function has been temporarily removed from DMs while we work to integrate a "view edit history" function similar to what is already available for posts and resources. This will provide our users with more protections from various forms of harassment, such as gaslighting.

I think it's related to lines being separated with shift+enter.

if you type test1 shift+enter test2 shift+enter test3 shift+enter
double click on test2, press ctrl-c, it will change the selection

I think it's related to lines being separated with shift+enter.

if you type test1 shift+enter test2 shift+enter test3 shift+enter
double click on test2, press ctrl-c, it will change the selection
Confirmed this is a bug. Thanks for the report!

Looks like this might be something the Devs for our WYSIWYG editor are aware of. Will let you know if/when a fix is recommended or available.

One option is we can disable Shift-enter in the editor, but not sure what else that might affect. I know this is annoying, thanks for your patience! Quick fix is to use a regular hard line break (enter) on the line you're trying to copy.

Firstly, thank you for working on developing the site. There have been some really nice changes over the past few months.

Ther are some quality of life changes to the new "Create Resource" page that would be nice. Mainly reverting some minor things back to how they used to be. It might look clean but not there are some changes that have now made creating release posts more of a chore. They are minor but after using the new page for a few releases now, they're impactful enough for me to feel like I need to post feedback about them.

QoL change request.png

1. A lot of useful, commonly used buttons are now hidden behind a 3 dots menu which means there's an extra click involved every time you want to use them. There are also 2x 3 dots menu so I find myself clicking into both trying to find the tool I always use.

There is blank space available in the top bar where they can be placed instead. In particular, the text alignment, ordered list, and save draft buttons which I personally use on every release post.

2. Same thing, an extra click is now involved in order to add a picture to the release post. This could instead just permanently be two buttons Thumbnail and Full.

In both of the above cases, these extra clicks were not needed in the previous iteration of the create resource page.

Hope that makes sense.

Firstly, thank you for working on developing the site. There have been some really nice changes over the past few months.

Ther are some quality of life changes to the new "Create Resource" page that would be nice. Mainly reverting some minor things back to how they used to be. It might look clean but not there are some changes that have now made creating release posts more of a chore. They are minor but after using the new page for a few releases now, they're impactful enough for me to feel like I need to post feedback about them.

View attachment 292274

1. A lot of useful, commonly used buttons are now hidden behind a 3 dots menu which means there's an extra click involved every time you want to use them. There are also 2x 3 dots menu so I find myself clicking into both trying to find the tool I always use.

There is blank space available in the top bar where they can be placed instead. In particular, the text alignment, ordered list, and save draft buttons which I personally use on every release post.

2. Same thing, an extra click is now involved in order to add a picture to the release post. This could instead just permanently be two buttons Thumbnail and Full.

In both of the above cases, these extra clicks were not needed in the previous iteration of the create resource page.

Hope that makes sense.

One interim solution to the issue of the toolbar would be to change your display to the "wide" version, which will add more icons:

1cMTi2qpN2.png

However, I do see that there appears to be some extra space that could be used by icons. This is an easy fix and I'll discuss this with our team.

As for #2, one of the improvements has been the ability to add multiple images to the post simultaneously. Previously, you had to select one image at a time. Now, you can add multiple images and choose what to insert. Unfortunately, this feature relies on some 3rd party code. Changing this code is not practical within the framework.

View attachment 292274

Hope that makes sense.

Changes made to toolbars:

Wide style

e04QaeuCgg.png

Default style

QPXkRD5P8o.png

When I search resources, and specify the creator, and Free Looks, I still see a ton of Paid Looks in the search results. Is this a known issue? (I was looking at Neiro's list)

On the in-game hub browser, the default mode is free. This throws out all the free content lacking the hub-hosted flag. But, if you filter on All, then switch back to Free, you do see all the free content with hub hosted issues. Perhaps this is by design.

On the in-game hub browser, the default mode is free. This throws out all the free content lacking the hub-hosted flag. But, if you filter on All, then switch back to Free, you do see all the free content with hub hosted issues. Perhaps this is by design.
I see what you mean, but as this is an issue with the browser itself it is unlikely to be changed while our focus is still on VaM 2 development. Thank you for the report, however!

No announcement about the new format for hub listings on the web interface? I love the new format! It has all the info you need at a glance. :love:

Personally, I can appreciate the work that went into it, but I'm not a big fan of the new format. I think it clutters the interface too much with relatively unimportant information. Perhaps something like what was done with the galleries could work better, where scrolling the mouse somewhere reveals the information. Just my two cents though :)

I think it looks great , and gives all the stuff you need to know without clicking the resource at all. Thus saving time on whether you want to get it or not.
And I highly disagree on the relatively unimportant info part - that stuff is usually the deciding factors , number of depends and size of the var, plus all the rest.

The new listing feature may have a bug. I see some resources with a proper version number in the table, and others that have the date instead. On download, they have a correct version number, but the table you see when looking at all the resources is incorrect. It's only when you look at all resources (or only the free ones) that you see this. Example:

The new listing feature may have a bug. I see some resources with a proper version number in the table, and others that have the date instead. On download, they have a correct version number, but the table you see when looking at all the resources is incorrect. It's only when you look at all resources (or only the free ones) that you see this. Example:
Not a bug.

There's the version that is created in the package builder, in this case Phawniks.rockyenviornment.1.var

Then there's the version that the user manually enters in the "Version" field when they are filling out the form to add their resource to the Hub. This can be different than the actual version number on the var package file. The system sorts versions using database entry IDs and dates, so these numbers are irrelevant for serving you the correct file. But, in answer to your specific question, when a user leaves the "Version" field blank when they submit their resource, the system automatically inserts the current date as the version number, because this field must not be blank.

Back
Top Bottom