Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Up to now we've all poked at "issues", but I wanted to take a minute to say this hub site is fabulous. So while we all have (and will have) ideas and gripes, overall this is amazing. I love:

- Free v.s. Paid categories
- Ability to easily find resources by type and authors
- Ability to easily find quality content
- Dark mode and the ability to select a background that I can use when I'm not completely alone, without a big header full of boobs!
- Being able to watch stuff that is of interest to me

Oh and I forgot about what I _really_ love about Hub: I can post updates to my resources. I always hated Reddit because I did not want to "spam" reddit with updates, posting as a comment would pretty much get lost, and it felt like a commitment to publish something. Now I can safely publish a first version and iterate on it, and I know people who are interested will know about it.

I'm wondering if Hub should auto-watch stuff you download?

Yeah I am pretty blown away by this forum software. It is paid software, but I feel it was worth it. My favorite parts:
  • The resources section with updates and linked discussion thread
  • Tweak-ability. There are 1000s of options.
  • Moderation system. I haven't really tapped into this much, but I can tell it is going to work very well to allow mods to temporarily hide content, review as a team, and take action.
  • Easy extensibility. The way this was written is quite brilliant. I have about 6 addons I wrote running on this system to tweak things here and there. The main addon I wrote is the S3 back-storage and CDN redirect.
Auto-watch after download seems like a good idea. I thought it already did this, but maybe it is just turned off.

What I'm looking forward to most: the Auto-Download. Honestly, I avoided to rely on any "third-party" content in stuff I share.
And I spend a lot of time and energy just on "packaging" and "publishing" tasks on mega and imgbb then post to reddit, discord, twitter and to keep it as simple as possible for the user. Having everything in one place will eliminate a lot of steps and copy pasting links and stuff. And with the share buttons it will be easy to just spam it to the other channels.

The Auto-Download pretty much guarantees that a user just HAS the dependency similar to everyone having the default VAM core content.
This will probably influence how I pack my stuff. I'm already evaluating to switch from bigger, general VAR packages to multiple more granular vars.

And I think the Gallery is a great addition. The "Community Galleries" that are shared on redgifs, twitter have a good number of views. So there is a purely "consumer" audience that might not even play VAM, but just want to look at the 2D content. We should try to pull those random visitors from those channels to the hub.
Connecting those users more directly to the creators is already beneficial. And potentially some of them will be drawn into the software and turn into creators themselves.
Also: Album sharing on discord and reddit is an "external" process -> Only one or two preview images and the rest is behind a link. Now it's much more accessible.

Also very nice : XenForo's mobile support is great.
Yeah I was quite impressed how it handles different sized browsers. You can play with it just by resizing your desktop window to see all the possibilities of layout. Most things like the featured carousel have multiple size options, and the site in general has 3 overall style buckets based on size.

@meshedvr congratulations on the launch, I’ve been a Patreon supporter for a couple of years and am excited to see the launch of this Hub!

Thanks also to all the contributors for seeding initial content, nice work.

Congratulations on the release! I'm probably going to spend a lot of time here in the future. I've tried out some of the functions already. Uploaded a resource and a couple of screenshots. Everything went smoothly and was easy to use and I got it right without fiddling about. The site has a nice layout and is easy to use.

Amazing!

This hub is the most important update I have seen in the VAM history! It's not only a great idea, the code behind and the hub itself is among the best I've seen. This makes the life as a creator much easier (Probably also for those who consume the content) The editor is really top notch and it's working perfect in my eyes. I really have nothing particular to complain about.

I can't help it but I just want to dance for you all!
dancing3.gif

@meshedvr Thank you for this!

I'll give some positive feedback from someone who doesn't really like the hub.

I like the one-stop-shopping aspect to content.
I like following content for updates.
I like how it has both free content and allows patreon links for paid content. A lot of stuff on patreon is hidden so this is nice to find new content before subscribing.
I like that it's free and isn't filled with ads.
I like how it handles dependencies.
I like the innovation and creativity on a lot of the creators here. Doubly so for coders making characters life-like.

(I strongly dislike the inability to hide content types and creators I'm not interested in)
(I feel criticism is harshly handled if you're not part of the club)
(I feel likes and emojis and reviews is too much. Remove reviews imo and go by likes. Nearly every review is 5 stars or nothing, which is meaningless.)
(There is too much carousel animation going on)

In the spirit of the thread, this concludes my net-positive feedback on this post.

Last edited:
I feel criticism is harshly handled if you're not part of the club...
I feel likes and emojis and reviews is too much. Remove reviews imo and go by likes. Nearly every review is 5 stars or nothing, which is meaningless...

IMHO this community is realy great, very adult and well-mannered.
If I compare it with something toxic like Reddit, it is a big difference.
Those "5 Star rating behavior" is IMHO directly a consequence of this: Most of us highly respect the work of (free) content creators, so you are even nice if a guy is posting something veeeeery simple and ugly, maybe because he is proud of his first scene or look.
You rather will give no rating than a bad rating. Even a 3 star rating would be a bad rating how it is at the moment.
I spend so much time here at the hub forum, becaus I like it very much. Discord is much too fast paced for me. Never been at Reddit since the hub came up.
LOVE IT!

This is far perfect forum for VAM. I've never seen this perfect CLEAN forum ever!

Those "5 Star rating behavior" is IMHO directly a consequence of this: Most of us highly respect the work of (free) content creators, so you are even nice if a guy is posting something veeeeery simple and ugly, maybe because he is proud of his first scene or look.
You rather will give no rating than a bad rating.
Exactly.
@Guy, it doesn't mean that the review system is useless, far from it. The number of reviews and positive reactions is a really good quality indicator.
"Love" smiley is also generally used more sparingly, so a good number of them means something.

Overall I also think the Hub is really really good and convenient. Clean, easy to use, no mandatory login, amazing resource system with update and history... Great job!

Back
Top Bottom