• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Using status as a way to quickly talk about what we (creators) are up to

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I just realized the status thing in the profile. And I think it's really great... I'm starting to use it as some kind of "twitter account" to post random thoughts and wip.

It could be really cool to use it as a way to have a live feed of what creators are up to. I don't have a twitter account, and I don't want to start to post everywhere... I think keeping everything packed in the hub is a pretty good move.

For instance, on the main hub page, we have "Last reviews" and "Most resources". I'm gonna be really honest and blunt, don't take that personnaly :)

Last reviews is not really useful nor interesting... we have featured resources and the last posted resources, besides seeing something we have missed because of a review, the information and the content of a review doesn't really matter to me as a user.

And Most resources is something that isn't remotely important nor useful to a user.

So you could drop those boxes and create something new called like I don't know "What's up with our community" or something like that, and synthetize the last status posts in there. And if you click on the title, you can get a wall that shows a big feed of all the status by most recent.

What do you think ?

Yeap, but thousands of users able to use the hashtag is a ton of information. Hard to moderate, sort and keep what's worth.
And it goes directly against the "don't have a twitter account -and implicitely don't want to create one-" :p

Ho indeed ! That's cool :)

But I was also trying to make the home better by suggesting that tho ! Do you really need to know who reviewed what and who has the biggest number of resources ? :p

Thank you for the links !

Yeah I might change those sidebars. There are tons of options. Trending resources might be better. I actually like latest reviews because it shows what is being responded to recently.

Personally I like the latest reviews, as it's a good indicator of resources that people are actively using/trying, and this will be even more so the case once people start writing reviews from within VaM. Much easier to do when you're in the middle of trying out a new download and it's top of mind.

Back
Top Bottom