• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Dependencies are not showing up

DarkFantasy

Reactions
Patreon
DarkFantasyVAM
I just uploaded a scene along with the dependency text file and for some reason the dependencies are not showing up. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I just uploaded a scene along with the dependency text file and for some reason the dependencies are not showing up. Is there something I am doing wrong?
-dependency text file is not required when uploading content/var package, no need to upload
-var package has to be uploaded on hub and not on external hosting (mega, patreon,...) for dependencies tab to show up.

But If it is hosted on hub and not showing up, maybe corrupted/bad var package? ...idk
Maybe somebody else (who is used to have 40+ dependencies/sub-dependencies) can share more info.

-dependency text file is not required when uploading content/var package, no need to upload
-var package has to be uploaded on hub and not on external hosting (mega, patreon,...) for dependencies tab to show up.

But If it is hosted on hub and not showing up, maybe corrupted/bad var package? ...idk
Maybe somebody else (who is used to have 40+ dependencies/sub-dependencies) can share more info.
Thank you! If I need to rebuild the VAR I can do that. There are not many main dependencies but as it branches out into sub dependencies it gets crazy!

Thank you! If I need to rebuild the VAR I can do that. There are not many main dependencies but as it branches out into sub dependencies it gets crazy!
Out of curiosity i downloaded your latest DarkFantasy.MarytheMilf_Basment_Dungeon v19
There appears to be 48 main dependencies and then with sub-dependencies i lost count, think around 80-90 total (some duplicates/different version).

Now maybe there is issue/limit on hub with displaying/reading total amount of dependencies? ...idk
At quick glance your meta.json doesn't appear corrupted, but boy there's lots of requirements.

Looking at your scene json, maybe you could trim it by not using morphs if they are part of var with many dependencies?
or try using morph merger? (this could eliminate few sub-dependencies)
Untitled.jpg

Code:
                     "uid" : "Wolverine333.AMBER.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/extraMorphs/Breath1.vmi",
                     "name" : "Breath1",
                     "value" : "-0.4916306"

"uid" : "Wolverine333.AMBER.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/Morphs Mega Pack/PHMLipUpperDepth.vmi",
                     "name" : "Lip Upper Depth",
                     "value" : "0.0009444326"
28 dependencies for only 2 morphs used inside scene.json (from AMBER package).
Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, I was not aware of morph merger. Yeah, it is a serious pain check marking each and every one of those morphs - about 10 minutes of clicking in the package manager each build. I will try that. Thanks!

Wow, that makes a huge difference. I really wish I had known about that plugin about 20 builds ago! That would have saved hours of clicking boxes in package builder!!! Thank you!!

There was an issue with var packages that have a huge list of dependencies. The data was too big for the database column so it was not getting properly stored and processed. We have adjusted the database to allow for larger size meta.json data, but I would highly recommend you try to reduce you dependencies if possible as it makes using your content a lot easier and also more attractive to potential users who might not want to download 20+ other var files just to try yours.

Thanks!

There was an issue with var packages that have a huge list of dependencies. The data was too big for the database column so it was not getting properly stored and processed. We have adjusted the database to allow for larger size meta.json data, but I would highly recommend you try to reduce you dependencies if possible as it makes using your content a lot easier and also more attractive to potential users who might not want to download 20+ other var files just to try yours.

Thanks!

Yes, I figured I was doing something wrong. Also, it seems the json still contains older morphs that have been zeroed out and older stuff like cloths and such that are not used so it needs to be cleaned before packaging. Is that right?

When you save a scene, it should only include active morphs, but if you have triggers or other things referencing inactive morphs it could also include them.

The best suggestion I can make is save your scene, and then open that scene json file in a text editor and search for :/ and review all occurrences of that. This will show you what your scene is referencing, perhaps unintentionally. A morph could be set with a really small value close to 0 but not right at 0 and it will get included.

A few more suggestions:
1. Only use morphs that come from morph packs. Sometimes if you use a morph from another creator's look, you have that other creator's var as a reference + all the things it references
2. Only using clothing from standalone var packages that don't reference other var packages.
3. Look at what the package manager is telling you about references. It is looks like it is referencing something you didn't expect, investigate why by looking at the scene json file and see if you can eliminate.

IMO - the best resources out there:
1. Don't include copies of morphs that are not original. Morphs are getting copied/duplicated and are now littered into 100s of var packages which is a mess. Try to only use morphs from built-in or from dedicated morph packages. Try not to use locally imported morphs - that leads to copies
2. Don't have a lot of external var references. Shoot for less than 10. This makes you resource more attractive and usable

When you save a scene, it should only include active morphs, but if you have triggers or other things referencing inactive morphs it could also include them.

The best suggestion I can make is save your scene, and then open that scene json file in a text editor and search for :/ and review all occurrences of that. This will show you what your scene is referencing, perhaps unintentionally. A morph could be set with a really small value close to 0 but not right at 0 and it will get included.

A few more suggestions:
1. Only use morphs that come from morph packs. Sometimes if you use a morph from another creator's look, you have that other creator's var as a reference + all the things it references
2. Only using clothing from standalone var packages that don't reference other var packages.
3. Look at what the package manager is telling you about references. It is looks like it is referencing something you didn't expect, investigate why by looking at the scene json file and see if you can eliminate.

1. Don't include copies of morphs that are not original. Morphs are getting copied/duplicated and are now littered into 100s of var packages which is a mess. Try to only use morphs from built-in or from dedicated morph packages. Try not to use locally imported morphs - that leads to copies
2. Don't have a lot of external var references. Shoot for less than 10. This makes you resource more attractive and usable

Perfect, thanks! Also, one other question, are the license references coming from some of the other VAR's? I see a number of licenses referenced though I am not using them and there is nothing in the json file that references them.

Perfect, thanks! Also, one other question, are the license references coming from some of the other VAR's? I see a number of licenses referenced though I am not using them and there is nothing in the json file that references them.
Never mind. I saved some looks and built on them and saved them again with plugins like Synergy and others running so I have a lot of clean up to do. Thank you for the help!

A few more suggestions:

I guess I need to ask, is there anywhere dependencies come from other than the main JSON file? I have cleaned everything, reviewed every JSON file, removed all presets, and it seems that every hair item, cloths item, and plugin that I clicked on or added at some point to try something is now listed as a dependency.

After verifying all of the JSON files are clean and removing artifacts left by some plugins I have gone through and deleted objects and people one by one. I saved the file each time and loaded it in the package manager with the same result. Except randomly, it will suddenly come up as clean. It always happens with a different object each time though never the people objects.

I have also cleaned the cache just in case.

Right now, I have a reduced scene with no people, just a few chains, some assets, and some buttons. It is still telling me that I am dependent on several pairs of pants, several addons that were loaded in one of the people many iterations ago.

If you look in the attached image you will see the issue, (for one, obviously with no people TGC.Clothing_Richabri_LacewearSleeves.1 isn't being used and isn't referenced in the JSON). There are no people and nothing is hidden. The scene consists of a few buttons, the room asset, a couple default VAM assets and some lights. Yet, I am seeing a bunch of cloths and hair, and scene dependencies. The "References" section is accurate. The "Reference License Report" is completely wacked. I can attach the json file as well. It is clean. If I could figure out where the "Reference License Report" is being fed from I can fix it. It seems this is what feeds the hub dependencies right?

Maybe I just need a fresh install again?

Dependency Issues.JPG

Interesting, I was not aware of morph merger. Yeah, it is a serious pain check marking each and every one of those morphs - about 10 minutes of clicking in the package manager each build. I will try that. Thanks!
If you plan to use looks in animated scenes I would recommend to merge all morphs which are bonemorphs (red gearwheel) into one and the other morphes to another one. Often zeroing bonemorphs does not completely destroy a look but without you asure that the looks work in animations smoothly and as intented.
This way your users can easily adjust the looks abit to get them work in animations.

If you look in the attached image you will see the issue, (for one, obviously with no people TGC.Clothing_Richabri_LacewearSleeves.1 isn't being used and isn't referenced in the JSON). There are no people and nothing is hidden. The scene consists of a few buttons, the room asset, a couple default VAM assets and some lights. Yet, I am seeing a bunch of cloths and hair, and scene dependencies. The "References" section is accurate. The "Reference License Report" is completely wacked. I can attach the json file as well. It is clean. If I could figure out where the "Reference License Report" is being fed from I can fix it. It seems this is what feeds the hub dependencies right?

Maybe I just need a fresh install again?

The problem is you used the ParentHold-Skript not from the original Blazedust-Skript-Var but from a scene which packed the scvript again. (Dark mayhem.Basment...). Only use scripts which have been packed as standalone from the script creators!

The problem is you used the ParentHold-Skript not from the original Blazedust-Skript-Var but from a scene which packed the scvript again. (Dark mayhem.Basment...). Only use scripts which have been packed as standalone from the script creators!

Wow, I am dumb, that was definitely a self inflicted wound. The referenced VAR is an earlier version of this file where I had used SELF: in the json file to fix the path to some of my assets I was including... Thank you for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom