Using status as a way to quickly talk about what we (creators) are up to

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I just realized the status thing in the profile. And I think it's really great... I'm starting to use it as some kind of "twitter account" to post random thoughts and wip.

It could be really cool to use it as a way to have a live feed of what creators are up to. I don't have a twitter account, and I don't want to start to post everywhere... I think keeping everything packed in the hub is a pretty good move.

For instance, on the main hub page, we have "Last reviews" and "Most resources". I'm gonna be really honest and blunt, don't take that personnaly :)

Last reviews is not really useful nor interesting... we have featured resources and the last posted resources, besides seeing something we have missed because of a review, the information and the content of a review doesn't really matter to me as a user.

And Most resources is something that isn't remotely important nor useful to a user.

So you could drop those boxes and create something new called like I don't know "What's up with our community" or something like that, and synthetize the last status posts in there. And if you click on the title, you can get a wall that shows a big feed of all the status by most recent.

What do you think ?

Yeap, but thousands of users able to use the hashtag is a ton of information. Hard to moderate, sort and keep what's worth.
And it goes directly against the "don't have a twitter account -and implicitely don't want to create one-" :p

Ho indeed ! That's cool :)

But I was also trying to make the home better by suggesting that tho ! Do you really need to know who reviewed what and who has the biggest number of resources ? :p

Thank you for the links !

Yeah I might change those sidebars. There are tons of options. Trending resources might be better. I actually like latest reviews because it shows what is being responded to recently.

Personally I like the latest reviews, as it's a good indicator of resources that people are actively using/trying, and this will be even more so the case once people start writing reviews from within VaM. Much easier to do when you're in the middle of trying out a new download and it's top of mind.

Back
Top Bottom