Official Let us hear your feedback about the new Hub upgrades!

AshAuryn

Staff member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
ashauryn
We want your feedback!

Tell us about your favorite new features, what features you're still looking for, or how we might improve!

:love:

~The VaMHub Development Team

Honestly it's underwhelming. The vague announcement, which was worded deliberately so as to enhance apprehension, made me think that the changes would somehow be related to 2.0.

But I guess people who like the way reddit works will appreciate the changes that were made

I for one am very grateful and happy with the improvements! The corporate software world has made me quite cynical when it comes to major software updates, interface overhauls etc etc, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this was purely an additive update that didn't take away anything that we've already come to love!

Love the new banners!
I'd like to ask two questions:
1. Can you please let us know what the dimensions are for the banner space? I kept screwing around with it and finally landed on 1500x200 pixels. I think the ideal dimensions would be very helpful to people.
2. Could you please explain a little more about the "upvote" feature? I know maybe this sounds silly, but I've never used Reddit or any sites that have that, so it's foreign to me.
Thank you for your hard work, AshAuryn!

Btw, I second bizcompwner! It's really, really awesome that everything works like I'm accustomed to. It's too common for tech companies these day to be like "We changed everything, so re-learn how to use it and deal with it."

Honestly it's underwhelming. The vague announcement, which was worded deliberately so as to enhance apprehension, made me think that the changes would somehow be related to 2.0.

But I guess people who like the way reddit works will appreciate the changes that were made

I get that, and that was probably an oversight on our part. I can see how it would be disappointing having had that expectation.

What I can tell you is that these were the changes we had time to announce *by the deadline* and there are more features on the way very soon.

I can also tell you that all of these improvements are paving the way for VaMHub 2.0. Our excitement and enthusiasm should tell you something about our confidence level for VaM 2. I say that as a long time fan and creator, and not just as a staff member.

So, as we all sit and enjoy the proverbial movie trailers and eat our popcorn while we wait for the big blockbuster, I hope our team has helped to make your seats more comfortable and your experience more entertaining! 🥰

I for one am very grateful and happy with the improvements! The corporate software world has made me quite cynical when it comes to major software updates, interface overhauls etc etc, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this was purely an additive update that didn't take away anything that we've already come to love!

We spent a ridiculous amount of time just making sure the text editor toolbar buttons were in the same orientation as before! We got you, fam. ❤️

Displaying “similar threads” is amazing!
Once I find one piece of information I need, I can find information that already exists but is difficult to find, although it may not be complete.
It saves a lot of time and effort!

Love the new banners!
I'd like to ask two questions:
1. Can you please let us know what the dimensions are for the banner space? I kept screwing around with it and finally landed on 1500x200 pixels. I think the ideal dimensions would be very helpful to people.
2. Could you please explain a little more about the "upvote" feature? I know maybe this sounds silly, but I've never used Reddit or any sites that have that, so it's foreign to me.
Thank you for your hard work, AshAuryn!

Btw, I second bizcompwner! It's really, really awesome that everything works like I'm accustomed to. It's too common for tech companies these day to be like "We changed everything, so re-learn how to use it and deal with it."
Absolutely!

1. We didn't include banner dimensions because it is dynamic depending on your screen size and your Hub style choice. That being said, it's around 5:1 for standard style and about 7:1 for wide. Something like 1200x250 or 1800x250 would work. However, you can use any image at all and it will auto-resize to fit the correct width.

2. Upvoting is a feature that is more useful for the Q&A forum, where users can vote on whether an answer is a "good" answer by voting it up or down. The best answers by popular opinion will naturally rise to the top.

We wanted to experiment with this with our review system. Now, users who might not usually take the time to leave a review can instead interact simply by upvoting someone else's review. The most "agreed with" reviews will rise to the top. Reviews that contain unpopular opinions might gradually drift to the bottom.

Hello, I know it will take time to fully experience the updates, and I look forward to it. However, you did not specify whether the banner can be NSFW or not, and I feel it's important to note that. Thanks

Hello, I know it will take time to fully experience the updates, and I look forward to it. However, you did not specify whether the banner can be NSFW or not, and I feel it's important to note that. Thanks
Individual user profile banners can be NSFW but must of course follow all of our regular Hub policies, just as you would if you were posting in the media section.

Excellent question. Thanks!

Individual user profile banners can be NSFW but must of course follow all of our regular Hub policies, just as you would if you were posting in the media section.

Excellent question. Thanks!
In relation to the content itself or licensing of the content? I.E. displaying paid content vs free content or forbidden content vs allowed content

Is there any log for changes? I see literally no change and seems like button is really bugged. All those useful suggestions on vam forum wasted.... Sad.
Read the announcement and you'll see what changed so far. More is coming.

I think I noticed a hub bug. When I add a like (y) to somebody's resource, the little banner with the count of likes disappears. If I refresh the page, it comes back with the new count. I'm on FF, if that matters.

I think I noticed a hub bug. When I add a like (y) to somebody's resource, the little banner with the count of likes disappears. If I refresh the page, it comes back with the new count. I'm on FF, if that matters.
Thanks slimer! We're aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. ❤️

*EDIT* - Now fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks slimer! We're aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. ❤️

*EDIT* - Now fixed.
I noticed that as well, but thought it was just a new feature. When I click on the emote, they disappear from the top and are moved to the bottom of the page, under the images. I love the new customizable banner and I can now use my mouse to drag scroll the preview images. I used to have to use the arrows on either side of the image, or L/R arrow keys on the keyboard (which both still work as well). Loving these new features!

The Hub is looking good and much more modernized. Great job! I have a small issue when browsing the New Media section. After I add a reaction, it doesn't show any sign of my react so if I like a photo, the counter stays at 0 likes, but when I exit the photo and click on it again, it displays the updated likes. Not sure if something on the visual interface for the counter might be broken. Otherwise, great stuff! Small request: Any chance we could get file sizes on dependencies displayed on the Hub like in the in game browser?

The Hub is looking good and much more modernized. Great job! I have a small issue when browsing the New Media section. After I add a reaction, it doesn't show any sign of my react so if I like a photo, the counter stays at 0 likes, but when I exit the photo and click on it again, it displays the updated likes. Not sure if something on the visual interface for the counter might be broken. Otherwise, great stuff! Small request: Any chance we could get file sizes on dependencies displayed on the Hub like in the in game browser?
We've had a couple reports of the Reaction counters acting a bit funny. I can confirm they are actually working! So no worries about losing your reaction scores, but they are displaying oddly in some circumstances and we are working on a fix. Thanks for the bug report!

Unfortunately updates to the in-game browser are less likely, as Meshed needs to focus all of his time on VaM 2. I am already feeling sheepish for borrowing a little bit of his time to assist with Hub updates as it is. Hopefully the improvements to the website will help balance some of the requested features regarding the in-game browser. 🙏

Is there any way the web version could show the disk space requirements, like the in-game browser does?

I know it's a long shot, but a great option for the in-game browser would be a box to check to only show things that are In Library.

We've had a couple reports of the Reaction counters acting a bit funny. I can confirm they are actually working! So no worries about losing your reaction scores, but they are displaying oddly in some circumstances and we are working on a fix. Thanks for the bug report!

Unfortunately updates to the in-game browser are less likely, as Meshed needs to focus all of his time on VaM 2. I am already feeling sheepish for borrowing a little bit of his time to assist with Hub updates as it is. Hopefully the improvements to the website will help balance some of the requested features regarding the in-game browser. 🙏
Thanks for the reply. I was actually asking whether the file size feature in the in game browser could also display on the website. I think it's the same thing @SlimerJSpud is asking. So like under the dependencies tab and/or next to the download button, could it tell us the file size? Due to space, file size plays a big role in what I download. Would also of course be great to have a "resources that depend on this" list like in the Nexus mods site. Sort of a reverse dependency list.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually asking whether the file size feature in the in game browser could also display on the website. I think it's the same thing @SlimerJSpud is asking. So like under the dependencies tab and/or next to the download button, could it tell us the file size? Due to space, file size plays a big role in what I download. Would also of course be great to have a "resources that depend on this" list like in the Nexus mods site. Sort of a reverse dependency list.

Not sure about file size. That will be a Meshed question. As for the "resources that depend on this" we are actively working on a feature similar to this for the Hub, among other improvements.

1. copy paste seems broken now in text boxes:
- type multi line text
- try to copy the last line
expected result: copy what I selected
what happens: all text lines get selected and copied

2. edit DM is now missing. I just answered to someone and made grammar errors and now they'll laugh at me forever

Back
Top Bottom