• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Embody

Plugins Embody v1.6.1

He agreed so I'll send him a patch to allow Embody compatibility :) It might take a little bit of time but it's in the plans!
Narf, looking forward to that. Both add so much to the experience it's a real pain trying to chose between them when you just can't quite get the clipping workaround to suit

I really love this plugin, and i sorta hate to be That Guy, but I have a super niche request; can Embody's version of possession be tweaked to do constant world scale updating? I really like playing with changing scales; at some point something changed in the Passenger plugin that let me stay passenger while changing the scale of a person (say, with an animation trigger), letting me experience growth/shrinking, which was extremely rad.

I'm not entirely sure about the differences in approaches between Embody and Passenger that may make this not feasible. I'm clearly hoping its, like, a copied line of code that was overlooked because it's such a weird niche thing. If its troublesome, clearly I wouldn't expect anything!

Thanks for the work you do for the community!

Acid Bubbles updated Embody with a new update entry:

Embody v1.2.0

- Compatible with @Hunting-Succubus AutomaticBodySmoother (thanks for allow me to contribute!)
- SpawnPoint integration with ReturnToSpawnPoint storable (only when Embody is triggered)
- Keybindings: AlignHeadToCamera will move the head (or control for non-person atoms) to match the current camera position; useful when you want to quickly set a specific point of view
- Keybindings: MoveEyeTargetToCameraRaycastHit moves the eyeTargetControl in front of the camera, on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the fix to get this working with body smoothing :)

I got embody working with the new body smoother without having to resort to using the clip distance, which means closer interactions with other atoms are now possible!

I did hit a few oddities, like black eyeballs, but that resolved after taking the old plugins out and reloading the new.

Great work between the pair of you, so nice to see we can now have both of these wonderful plugins working :)

Hi Acid Bubbles, love this mod and I hope you can help as for me, there is something quite wrong with these latest free versions (like v50), with paid I never seemed to have below problems:

Usually when I start Embodying or if I load in another model (when embodying) I see face bug i.e. face stuff slightly on front of me, black eyeballs, nostrils, glasses, lips and hair etc. It is like z-position for head is slightly off, you can try to fix it partially via Trackers menu (put minus into head Z), but then you face is not anymore completely aligned with mirrors etc. This happens ven when the hide geometry option is on.

When this face bug hits, Hide geometry menu settings get completely broken as well, they do absolutely nothing when pressing the three sub-settings under it, I can see still glasses and hair. This used to work fine before as well. What is weird, sometimes it starts to work if I disable the Hide geometry main setting all together i.e. works viceversa/counter-intuitive.

Sometimes on first embody possess it will work or at least when recalibrate the whole thing. By the way, Experimental Vive calibration has gotten somehow broken as well: when it has the early step to tun on possess for hand and head, it never does like it used to. You stay deattached to the model at that step and after it.

I've tried resetting Embody to defaults via menus several times and did like 10 calibrations (using also the snug option, is that ok to use still?).

I am using latest v50 (deleted the earlier vars), what do I need to do to reset everything manually, which other files to delete? *Edit: deleted everything named embody except the v50 var for VAM folders - this did not help*

Also, this has been around for some time (with older versions like v40-v50), whenever I activate Embody or press Hide geometry option to On, my embodied Person orients/turns 90 degrees horizontally right, then I need to turn the Person 90 degrees left to get back to the original position: this happens every single time, any idea why this is happening? It is a nuisance and I doubt it is part of design.

Absolutely stunning mod when it works, do not like to complain, but I feel I had to report these to you. I use VP2 headset, Vive wands, gen1 basestations and 8 trackers if that makes a difference.

Btw, on that, is there any way to automate turning off VAM's default tracker/controller deactivition (turning these off for head and hands joint controls)? I am referring to this feature mentioned in your tips section:
VaM will deactivate some controllers when you possess them; for example, if you possess the head, the neck, chest, abdomen, arms and shoulders will automatically be turned off, preventing you from binding them to vive trackers. You can turn that off in the joint controls UI.​
Maybe forcing via pose at least?

Last edited:
@stylesi hey feedback is always welcome, I can't catch them all by myself!

Until I have time to carefully read your post, can you try something first? Check if you're using automatic body smoother in your session plugins (or remove the smoothing plug-in on the person atom). If you do, either remove it or upgrade to the latest version and _restart vam_. That should hopefully fix the black stuff issue. Let me know if that worked!

Someone else had the black eyeballs issue, if you know how to reproduce I'd love to fix it forever :)
I tried to replicate it last night, but it behaved :(

Another thing I've remembered is initially all the options for the body parts in smoother redux were blank. The sliders were all set, but the text was blank. I went through each one and just gave it a kick. Maybe when the plugin is first downloaded there is an odd initial state? Like some nulls lurking about causing chaos :)

Hi, Thanks again for this amazing plugin.
I just tested this with KinectToVR for "full" body tracking and it seemed to all work really well. The ability to walk around rather than drag your corpse by the neck is pretty cool.

Thank you SO much for the kinect tracker integration, it's SO much easier than the old way of setting up the trackers with the feet and hips.
I am in contact with the person making the multiplayer pluging and will hopefully be testing this with two real people in the scene, at least one of which (me) will be using embody and 6 point tracking :)

Anyway, did I say thank you enough yet? :p Embody + Kinect tracking is pretty bloody amazing.

Oh wow @Jiraiya full body multiplayer sounds freakin' amazing! Let me know how this went, and if you do a write up of how you made it work with kinect tracking, let me know I'll share it on Twitter and my Discord, I'm sure there are many people who would go crazy if they knew they can do this :)

I might make up a scene to make this easier :)
The required plugins are free atm, embody and multiplayer are both hub downloads. A simple scene with a couple models and the required plugins setup will make things simpler.
KinectToVR is also a free download. I will try and write something up on getting this working.

Hi @Acid Bubbles I made a dressing room for my wife (where she can embody her avatar in front of a mirror) and I setup a whole bunch of UI buttons all around the mirror for her to try on different outfits. For some reason while embody it's virtually impossible to click any buttons. Basically you have to wiggle your hand around while rapidly clicking the button and in 10-30 seconds it might click. Any ideas on how I can fix this??? She loves the concept of the scene if we can just make it so the buttons will click. They are normal size UI buttons, very close, easy to see, etc.

Also @Acid Bubbles one additional note. If the character is wearing glasses (sunglasses or normal eye glasses, clothing not CUA) then it's like you get pushed back inside the skull and you see eye balls, etc.

@Bob Nothing yeah for the buttons during possession I didn't find a way to avoid that :( I'm sure there's a way but for now I have no idea how.

For the sunglasses, that's weird... I think this is due to some kind of bug with glasses, it's like they screw up the rendering order or something...

@Bob Nothing Maybe you could change the standard buttons for collider checks on objects?
Some scenes have a little orb you touch with your hand, that might work better. Also you could do clever things like have a clothes rail in the scene and touching the top right went to the next item and top left the previous etc.
Sounds like a nice scene!
I too noticed difficulty triggering buttons in the UI but thought it was something I did.

@Fortunefavors By the way I have seen your post, sorry I didn't answer it! The problem with world scale updating is that VaM _really_ wants to show a grid and move you, so it's going to shake like hell and you'll have the grid showing up throughout the animation :( I tried to get rid of it but didn't succeed (though now that I talk about it I just had an idea on how I could maybe solve the grid part! But not the "shake" part...)

@Bob Nothing yeah for the buttons during possession I didn't find a way to avoid that :( I'm sure there's a way but for now I have no idea how.

For the sunglasses, that's weird... I think this is due to some kind of bug with glasses, it's like they screw up the rendering order or something...
Thank you for the response, and thanks for all the work and effort you put in that we all benefit from. It's very much appreciated!

@Bob Nothing Maybe you could change the standard buttons for collider checks on objects?
Some scenes have a little orb you touch with your hand, that might work better. Also you could do clever things like have a clothes rail in the scene and touching the top right went to the next item and top left the previous etc.
Sounds like a nice scene!
I too noticed difficulty triggering buttons in the UI but thought it was something I did.
Hi Jiraiya, thanks for the response. That's an interesting idea for a solution... I'll have to think it through. I wanted to make it easy for her to pick what clothes and what category easily, but you have to work in the reality of which you live, and you're solution may do the trick... (I have 4 sections. Dresses, Casual, Lingerie, and Special, with special being costumes, aka, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Hermoine, etc.)

@Fortunefavors By the way I have seen your post, sorry I didn't answer it! The problem with world scale updating is that VaM _really_ wants to show a grid and move you, so it's going to shake like hell and you'll have the grid showing up throughout the animation :( I tried to get rid of it but didn't succeed (though now that I talk about it I just had an idea on how I could maybe solve the grid part! But not the "shake" part...)

Ah, so it goes. No worries at all about the delay (or the technical problems); I appreciate the reply, though. Like I said, I appreciate the work you do! Using the Possession+ImprovedPOV plugins with ReScale animations is a go-to move for me in VAM.

Embody v1.4.0

- ReinitializeIfActive storable trigger to re-apply Embody correctly after loading a pose
- Allow a None world scale option to disable world scale in the preferences even though it's active in the scene
- Add a "fixed" world scale value option to allow scene creators to control the exact scale
- Allow world scale on non-person atoms
- Remove the hologrid when using world scale
- Fix SpawnPoint atom lists not updated when adding SpawnPoint after Embody

Embody v1.4.1

- Clearer error when adding Embody as a session or scene plugin
- Fix skewed hud showing when in VR Monitor mode
- Allow activating Embody in Wizard even if the toggle is disabled
- Fix restore defaults not restoring the mapped controllers in Trackers

Is there a clearer explanation of how to "tune" embody. Especially the Snug part.
It's an amazing plugin (thanks you for the continues work you put in!) but I just don't quite get how the wizard and config work...
(It's just me being stupid I am sure, is there an idiots guide?)

Embody v1.4.2

- Add "use profile" to the Passenger options, to allow disable "exit when menu open" at the scene level
- Fix for Timeline v5.0.0-beta.2 to allow recording with Embody without having the first frame overwritten when leaving Embody
- When applying the possession pose, invoke the position changed events so plugins can react to it (e.g. Timeline will create a keyframe)
- Correctly restore canGrabPosition, canGrabRotation and hold position/rotation spring when restore pose is off in Trackers

Back
Top Bottom