Embody
You can add a keybind in the embody settings as well (spacebar for me) and then save the embody settings. The keybind will be saved with the scene so that you can just hit that key even in play mode to toggle embody.

@lalaland3321 I'm unable to reproduce, do you have any clues for me? It happens in _every_ scene, or _most_ scenes? What VR headset are you using? Anything else that could help me find what the cause is?
Every scene so far. After 6-7 different scenes i have tried, eventually gave up, and just go back to old school passenger. I've HTC Vive Pro 2

Oh, so it doesn't do that with Passenger? Since I cannot reproduce I'm trying hard to find what the cause could be...

Do it do that on a fresh, empty scene? And can you try using "default settings" (in the Profiles button), so we can rule out something wrong with your profile?

Sorry it doesn't work for you, if I find why I'll certainly fix it :|

Oh, so it doesn't do that with Passenger? Since I cannot reproduce I'm trying hard to find what the cause could be...

Do it do that on a fresh, empty scene? And can you try using "default settings" (in the Profiles button), so we can rule out something wrong with your profile?

Sorry it doesn't work for you, if I find why I'll certainly fix it :|
Yeah if I run old school passenger + improved POV plugin it works fine. I will try what you told me when I get home from work and will report back

@Acid Bubbles I can't seem to find the original poster in this thread, but his suggestion FIXED my issues with Embody and being able to click UI buttons. He suggested I adjust the clipping to .15. I did so, and now clicking buttons works perfectly, and when my wife puts on the 'red riding hood' costume it actually feels like she's wearing a hoodie. So, just wanted to share that IS the solution, not it works great! I want to give the person who posted the solution the credit, but I've been through this thread 4 or 5 times and I can't find their post.

@lalaland3321 this is an excellent clue... this means there's _something else_ that conflicts. That helps!

@Bob Nothing It does? Like, _just_ enabling the camera adjustments and inreasing clipping? So that would be weird, I always though the selection ray was from the hands, not the eyes :| To investigate further, but good!

@lalaland3321 this is an excellent clue... this means there's _something else_ that conflicts. That helps!

@Bob Nothing It does? Like, _just_ enabling the camera adjustments and inreasing clipping? So that would be weird, I always though the selection ray was from the hands, not the eyes :| To investigate further, but good!
Yep, I can 100% confirm it solved the problem. It went from unusable to working flawlessly just by changing that setting.

How can i deactivate the EDITOR Mode Functions displayed alltime when EMbody is running in VR?
They always appear now.

If i click a trigger in my Quest Controllers they shortly dissapear but then appears again.
Also my Hands posession is missing when embody is running. Nothing moves.

I have to say i tried that today with https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hip-venus.11441/

Can be that there is something locked in some SCENES to not being able to use hands anymore while being in Passenge / EMbody mode?
Here it also is like that the green edit functions are alltime present.
And i do not know how i could load embody in Play Mode.

I checked this scene and tried to move person in this scene i mean character which is also imposibble.
The Creator seems to have locked all and everything although i do not find where he has done that.

Hi i have to check this nodes i mean where to find this . It works now again being in play mode that there is no Editor stuff appearing.
I still have to learn how to lock the Person i touch to not glue the body parts like "sticky" on my hands and such move around then with them as if i would
edit them.
This is still a problem . It happens alltime i touch the body sometimes after seconds, sometimes after a longer time ;)

Last edited:
Hi. Need help. Created a scene. Can't configure Embodi to use the left hand controller to move the character's pelvis in first person. It turns out an incorrect body position. Has anyone done this? Maybe there is a preset?

@Krab you might need to adjust the rotation... hands are not aligned the same way as the pelvis, so by default the axes will be different. Play with the rotate slider or there's a button to auto-align, but I'm not sure if it will work with the hands...

Ok, thanks, I will try. A good setup is needed for a first person game with pelvic support. The scene is done just like that. I want to do my best

Gonna have to make another report on the spinning thing for passenger. If rotation isn't set to user-controlled (user controlled ruins the experience of using passenger) then the camera is set to spinning. I've used this successfully for weeks, but all of a sudden, yesterday, am getting this. It's frustrating, and ruins VAM entirely (which is not your fault, don't misunderstand) for me.

The only thing that I 've done differently recently was that I had tried using owoTrack to add my phone as a vive waist tracker. It didn't work well, so I quickly turned it off. However, since then, passenger (via embody) has been broken. I tried uninstalling the owoTracker and steamVR doesn't show any trackers, so that succeeded. However, it didn't help

As other mentioned, it works fine in the passenger mod, but just not in embody. It's as if the camera target doesn't know where to go and it spins up, and to the left, constantly. It can be restricted to just spinning around to the left if you enable the tilt/etc locks. This happens on a clean empty scene with just a single character. I also noted that, on a clean scene with no other mods, no clothing, no anything extra, even using user-controlled was causing the head to twitch sporadically even when sitting still.

I've tried resetting anything I can think of from all settings in embody to settings in VAM. Nothing has changed it, so I'm not sure where to look yet. I don't truly think it's an issue with embody, but something that embody uses is malfunctioning after trying to use a tracker. (Note that I DID enable embody, once, while using the tracker, so perhaps something got saved. Nothing mentioned above, like adjusting clipping, did anything at all. The person that got it "working" above selected "Passenger (Free Look)" which, as you know, simply turns off the locked rotation and uses user-controlled. The problem is when locked rotation is enabled, and locked position/locked rotation is what makes passenger "work", properly.

I wish I had more information, as I really want this feature to work again, but I hope something I provided here gives a hint that helps. Again, this used to work for me in the past, and I loved it, but now it's effectively disabled VAM for me.

Thank you for looking into it. :)

@SpeedHighway I'm sorry this happened, and I'm also glad you're not blaming me and put so much value on what I did :) I'll do my very best to help, I know I have a few issues to fix in Embody (first-possession being off for example) so I do plan on trying to figure this out.

Two things you can try:

1. Delete (backup before) VaM\Saves\PluginData\EmbodyProfiles\defaults.embodyprofile, reload the Embody plugin, and try again. If it was the issue, send me the default.embodyprofile file and I hopefully can reproduce.
2. Try using diagnostics: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Diagnostics activate it, make sure Exit On Menu Open is off in the Passenger Settings menu of Embody, activate Embody, and then take a snapshot. Save the scene and send it to me. MAYBE it'll have some kind of clue... You can find the Diagnostics menu in "Other Settings"

So I tried each of the things you said. Deleting the profiles had no effect, and I went ahead and recorded diagnostics with 4-5 snapshots in it, which seems to demonstrate the circling.

One thing to mention, which was almost nice, but became a huge frustration. I noticed in my SteamVR settings that under Manage Trackers, the owo tracker was still set to Waist. I changed it to disabled. Pow, everything started working. I created a default scene - added embody - turned on passenger - heck, I even loaded my passenger profile. It worked great. Then I loaded up a random scene. It worked great. So I tried another scene. Now I'm back to circling. ("What??")

Okay, so I created a default scene. Added embody. Still circling. I checked SteamVR settings - owotracker is still set to disabled. I've restarted VAM and even reset VAM to all defaults and tried deleting the embody profile again. Still circling. At this point, I'm at a loss and have no idea why it temporarily worked. I eventually just got really upset and turned everything off so I could report back.

Attachments

• embodydiag.json
    528 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom