• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Embody

Plugins Embody v1.6.1

Acid Bubbles updated Embody (Beta) with a new update entry:

Embody v0.3.11

- Disable VR hands when possessing (avoids double-hands)
- Rename import/export buttons and screens to save/load profile
- Support zero alpha cutoff (e.g. eyelashes on evil jade)
- Fix incorrect import of profile-only fields
- Passenger: Prefer object to control on non-person atoms
- Passenger: When using user-controlled head rotation, update the controller's control and rigidbody
- Align main menu settings buttons
- Automatically deactivate VR hands when enabling trackers or passenger
- Fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Lione sorry I took so long to answer; what are the settings for that second person? When Embody is not active, the eye behavior should revert to whatever was there before. For example, if it's Player it'll look back. Did you figure out the problem? If you can reproduce reliably let me know, I'll validate on my end whenever I can.

Acid Bubbles updated Embody (Beta) with a new update entry:

Embody v0.3.12

- Puppeteering: Allow remapping head and hands to other controllers (this will cancel automatic adjustments such as eyes alignment and VaM hands rotation), there's also a preset that maps your right hand to the model's head
- Correctly restore eye targeting after deactivating
- Fix incorrect meta.json files listing, which breaks @JayJayWon PluginAssist
- Some minor UI improvements

Acid Bubbles updated Embody with a new update entry:

Embody goes free on the 20th of July!

Original post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/53309003

Now, I have some scenes that require Embody and I know quite a few of you have scenes you want to release for free; so on the 20th of July, Embody will be free for everyone!

There was a tremendous amount of feedback from all of you, mostly positive and a few bugs here and there, but recently it's been pretty quiet. I guess things are working well for most of you now!

To be honest I have been mostly working on...

Hi yes the Issue still exists. ;)

If i have a Female Person sitting in front of me she always looks left side into the room
and not into my eyes not matter if standard selection in VAM Settings is "Look to Person".

I am having some another Issues .

1. Hand Tracking activation when resting controllers appears alltime.

If i am i am in the Possession and i am in a laying position where the Woman is riding on my body and i lay down my Hands ( Controllers ) the Quest 2 always wants to switch to Hand Tracking and the Hands which appear above instead resting.

How can i avoid that happening ?

This may also happen in any scene where you rest the Controllers to enjoy a Scene resting the controllers on Quest 2.
I wouldn't care if they get activated staying in the same position, but they always appear way up in Air and the Arms are then moving with the Handtracking while i want to enjoy the Scene and the Controllers are resting.

I know i could disable Hand Tracking each time in the Oculus Setup but this is not so comfort to alwys have to care about that.

2. Hips movement Locking . Genital so often slips out and Pose is destroyed when moving Arms / Chest in a Posession

How can i lock my lower body so if i am in a Posession and move my Hands or Body it so often happens that my lower Body Hips move also and the Genitals are slipping out which is really destroying the entire Experience.
If it would be easy to insert again but this is near impossible.
Same with the Female.
If i touch her Butt too much the Hips move and Genital slips out also.

Since there isnt a VR Tracking currently for Hips ( which i hope will be available soon ;) ) i see no sense that the Hips are able to be moved in a Posession in Embody. The lack of Hips Tracking makes it near impossible to insert a Genital again once slipped out.

So i am sure if the Lower Body Hips of both Persons would be able to be locked or Both Hips could be "Chained" together it would be much better working and you would have entire freedom
to move around your Arms and look down and whatever touch Head / Hair / Butt etc.

Great would be that i could still move the Butt Upp with hands while there wouldnt be a slipping out.
Dunno if you can Chain Female Genital and male genital and perhaps press a Controller button to unlock the lock Pose to slip out for a cumshot as a example.
That would be sure Premium ;D

Both ideas sound well for me so i wonder if there is a Technical way to fix that.

Last edited:
@Lione

0. Female not looking at you: I the female is not using Glance, she should look at you as usual, Embody doesn't affect that.

1. You can turn off hands tracking in the tracker settings; tick off the "Enable Hands" toggle. I'll add a Keybindings shortcut for the next version to make it faster.

2. You can absolutely bind a tracker to hips; whatever you bind in Steam doesn't matter, as long as it's bound to one of the supported trackers. Then you can bind it to whatever you want in VaM! But if you don't talk about Vive Trackers, you can increase the spring of the hip to keep it in place or use Lock in the control tab in VaM; when you possess the head and hands, you pull on the rest of the body, so it will move the hip at some point :)

Embody v1.0.0 now free to all!

- Load profile using a storable trigger
- Passenger: Remove almost useless rotation offset initialization
- Passenger: Free look preset (for desktop)
- Passenger: Allow free look whenever rotation lock is disabled
- Keybindings ToggleHands shortcut
- Keybindings Change SpawnMirror to a more discoverable Add_Mirror
- Fix crash when saving while Embody is disabled

i still see geometry even though hiding it is turned on. improvedPOV functions as a workaround if you set distance to 0 and increase clipping until the geometry is gone.

is it possible to assign negative spring values? im not sure if i imagine this correctly but shouldnt this be able to cancel out the jitter from t5he real springyness of heavy trackers attatched to the skin. if this doesnt create artifacts then it could drastically improve tracking accuracy during movement.

Hi @cyber_daddy !

The only case where geometry would be visible that I know of would be when using the tesselation plugin by hunting succubus or if clothes are incorrectly tagged (or if the plugin isn't used correctly somehow), so any information you may share about when it happens / how I can reproduce would be useful.

As for the sprint question, the spring means "how fast will the VR hand/head follow your actual hand/head, and how strong will the "pull" on the rest of the body be". A spring of zero means that when you move your head, it won't affect the VR head at all, so negative values would be the head would be "pushed away" I guess, if that was a thing... The jitter you see is usually caused by impossible physics which means colliders "fight" against each other for the same spot. Adjusting the pose should typically work. Then again if I misunderstood, more information will help :)

> tesselation
that could be it. im going to check it in the near future

sorry, i wasnt very clear. with jitter i meant the short period of oscillation due to inertia after moving quickly(i.e. making a quick step). it is most noticable with trackers and if those are not hold in place tightly. i thought a negative spring would overaccelerate the beginning of a moving bodypart and overbrake during the slowing down phase and thus counteract the inertia

It's the other way around actually, the higher the spring, the more reliable the follow will be. However because VaM uses physics, joints and springs _everywhere_ it's almost impossible to get a perfect match. You can crank the spring higher but you'll also get much less smooth movements on the rest of the body. You can check this page, you have a few settings you can play with that could help: https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/person_joint_physics/

Tessellation seems to be the main issue I hit with passenger showing jaw and nostril parts. It looks like a clash between the tech used to smooth the curves and the tech used to hide the head.

Is it possible for you and hunting succubus to get your heads together and find a solution that lets us enjoy being in a nice curvy body?

Also the quick clipping fix in ImprovedPoV doesn't seem to be working in Embody offset camera settings

Great work on lining up the eyes though, that took a ton of fiddling in the old plugins :)

Tinkering a bit more it seems the clipping distance doesn't update when you change it. If you toggle Active your changes do take effect. So hopefully something nice and simple like a missing onChange event or just a typo in hooking the event up :)

Just tried this for the first time, had to make an account to talk about it! I've got an OG Vive headset and the head doesn't seem to be tracking.

I've fresh installed the plugin, applied it to an atom, ran the wizard and then activated embody. Hands work great, but my head doesn't seem to move and my eye tracking appears pretty derpy.

Is there some extra setup stuff that I've missed?

Thanks in advance!

@WanderingWomble you're right, will be fixed in the next version :) And for the tesselation plugin, what it does really is apply a tesselation shader on the model, and there's no tesselation shader that _also_ supports alpha or cutouts that I can use, so sadly as far as I can tell using both isn't possible :( Who knows, I may have a magical idea but that's not likely.

Embody v1.1.0

- Option to automatically activate on scene load
- Passenger: Option to prevent camera tilt (y rotation only)
- OffsetCamera: Fix camera clipping not refreshing when active
- Fix crash when trying to apply after using Hunting Succubus' Tesselation plugin (still won't work though)

@WanderingWomble you're right, will be fixed in the next version :) And for the tesselation plugin, what it does really is apply a tesselation shader on the model, and there's no tesselation shader that _also_ supports alpha or cutouts that I can use, so sadly as far as I can tell using both isn't possible :( Who knows, I may have a magical idea but that's not likely.
Are both an all or nothing? I got the impression there were a ton of parts to a model and each part had to have either tessellation or transparency applied. If that's right then maybe we could apply the tessellation to only some of the parts?

I got curious enough to crack open each plugin, but only to browse through in Notepad++. I don't have a proper IDE installed on my gaming rig to dive into the code properly. This is only my first impression of the code, less understanding than I'd go to for a code review especially without knowing the API in use, so there is a lot I'm missing! Like for starters you use the word cutouts, I saw a lot of messing with textures but I have no idea what a cutout is.

Anyway, figured it was worth asking the question even if I may be barking up the wrong tree :)

Actually you got a very good idea there @WanderingWomble !!! If we're to hide the face, I could try switching it _back_ to a known shader... I'll try that, that sounds obvious now but I tried to hard to _solve_ the problem instead of just ignoring it :D The simplest ideas are usually the best ones!

Well, no success. The technique works but Hunting Succubus modifications to my "body shader" plugins actually now force-apply the new shader _every frame_, so... I'll try and reach out to him, I'm kind of in a gray area since I made the original code, but the idea to use the tesselation shader is his own. I'll update here if I have news from him :)

Back
Top Bottom