• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Embody

Plugins Embody v1.6.1

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Embody (Beta) - Improved PoV + Passenger + Snug + Leap Motion + Vive Trackers + More

Embody

🎉 Do you like Embody? Support me on Patreon and get early access to new features: https://www.patreon.com/posts/39197180

💬 Need help using this plugin or want to share ideas? Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VtUpPkb

It's been a long and painful road but I think Embody is now mature enough for a beta. Keep in mind, this is not a full...

Read more about this resource...

excellent job, congratulations! would it be very difficult to implement the Oculus quest2 native hand tracking, like leapmotion?

Hi can you please explain this with Screenshots ? :)

• You can add a UIButton, and in the Triggers tab, add the Person/Embody/ToggleActive storable. That allows you to toggle Embody easily in your scene.
  • You can also use Keybindings to map a shortcut to Embody. This can be useful since you'll be able to toggle it on any scene without having to open the UI.
I am still new VAM users and i have no idea what you mean with this ?

It sounds more comfort to use it then right ?

Also wondering ...
Why do i have to load a Plugin in VAM alltime new?
Cant they just stay as a "Selection in VAM " next time i click "PLUGIN" ?
Its alltime deleted what i added there once i shut down VAM and Reopen it.

This is not only regarding your plugin it is with all Plugins.
A Pain. How should one be happy to load up and enjoy the VAM App that way.

I am using the Creators Version Licence.

Last edited:
would it be very difficult to implement the Oculus quest2 native hand tracking, like leapmotion?

I don't know, Leap Motion is integrated using the Leap Motion SDK, I'm not sure how it would work with Oculus Quest 2 without having their SDK integrated in VaM in the first place. It's probably possible but I don't think it's simple. This and because I don't own a Quest 2, I wouldn't even be able to tell if it worked :p

@Lione I do need to write more documentation, and I tried to give some more information here: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/h...ice-to-a-scene-to-possess-pov.7676/post-19281

If you are new to VaM, there are certainly a few things that won't be super obvious. Once you have added the plugin, go in the Open Custom UI menu...

1619916026423.png

And from there you can click Active. That will turn Embody on. You might want to click on Apply Possession-Ready Pose first (usually not necessary) and use Create Mirror to see yourself in a mirror.

1619916043981.png

The default settings should work fine for most cases. Remember it's still beta so I'm still working on it! Let me know if you have specific questions, I'll do my best to help :)

Hi thx yes thats how i load the Plugin .
And it works great to POV :)

But how can i set it to

• You can add a UIButton, and in the Triggers tab, add the Person/Embody/ToggleActive storable. That allows you to toggle Embody easily in your scene.
  • You can also use Keybindings to map a shortcut to Embody. This can be useful since you'll be able to toggle it on any scene without having to open the UI.
If i do what you showed me in your screenshots ( simple loading way ) the Plugin is no longer there after i click Plugins again.
I alltime have to

- click Edit Mode
- Click Controls
- Click Plugin
- Click load Plugin
- Find Embody ( or another Plugin )
- Load the Plugin
- Attach The Plugin

Can Embody just stay in the Plugins Menue?

Again this is not only with Embody its with all Plugins in VAM. They just dissapear after i close VAM.

I mean there are so great Plugins for VAM and do the VAM Developers seriously think that i have to load this and that Plugin alltime new each time i load up a Scene or restart VAM ?

And thx so much for developing Embody :)
ALso luvin the Cover Artwork :)

Last edited:
Ah I think I get what you mean; there are multiple options.

The first one is to save your scene. Saving a scene will save the state of the scene, plugins, and all customizations you made to your character. Or you can load my "demo scene" which has everything setup already. You can then load it (I'm taking for granted that you're on Virt-A-Mate's Creator tier) using the main menu.

However if you want to make it easier to load the plugin, you can make "plugin presets". It's not MUCH faster, but it skips the part where you have to scroll in a long list to find Embody.

Finally, the way I personally am doing it is using Keybindings. You can get it here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/keybindings.4400/

You can go to the "Session Plugins" from the main menu, and add Keybindings. Then, add KeybindingExtensions_AddPlugin too; in the latter, add Embody. You can now use `:AddPlugin.Embody` (it should autocomplete), press enter, and it'll add Embody on the currently selected Person. You can also map a key to `Embody.ToggleActive` in Keybindings. Now you can go in Session Plugin Presets, and select Change User Defaults. Next time you load VaM, Keybindings and KeybindingsExtensions_AddPlugin will still be in your session plugins, so you can quickly add Embody using the `:` fuzzy find or a shortcut, and use your preferred shortcut to enter and leave possession (I use backtick on the keyboard, it's easy to find even in VR).

So long story short, when you save a scene it'll also save your plugins; if you want to add Embody quickly to any scene, the easiest way I know is using Keybindings.

You might also want to check @JayJayWon's PluginAssist; I didn't have time to look at it yet but it looks like a great solution to make adding plugins easier.

Not sure how to reply from the rating section, so:
Acid Bubbles
Did you try the Snug wizard? It's working well for me but it was broken for others, so I disable it by default and moved it as an "experimental" option. I'd be curious to hear what you think! And thanks for the nice words <3
I've never used Snug before or know the differences between possession and snug, so I need to test more and see if anything seems off. Choosing Snug preset is working amazingly from what I gather.

Odd things experienced on some scenes which may be totally unrelated to the plugin. I'll attempt to replicate them when I get some free time:
- jayjaywon's UIassist patreon (latest) and controller pointer went nuts when I was messing around with Eye target settings;
- passenger showed things upside down in a couple of scenes from Ruthven
Again, may be totally unrelated to the plugin and I'll try to test again and share more details

Once again, what a superb plugin you made, half of my issues with VAM are gone now and can enjoy it so much better.

I noticed that an enabled head collider gives disturbed behaviour of the possessed head region. Now it gets disabled automatically?
There are cases you need an enabled headcollider. E.g. kissing interactions. Is there a way to possess by embody with enabled headcolliders?

It should disable head colliders automatically with AcidBubbles.Embody.40.var (0.3.8), yes. The reason I'm taking for granted that they will never be useful, is because they will _always_ break possession unless the model collisions are off, and if collisions are on you already have person colliders, you shouldn't need the head collider too.

Do you see a use case where the head colliders would be preferable to the person colliders? I could make a condition like "if colliders are off, don't bother deactivating the head colliders".

@atani that's great to hear! For the upside down colliders, this is probably my fault :) Can you share a specific scene, I'll try to reproduce and fix? It might be weird though but I'll try. For JayJayWon's UIAssist, let me know the replication steps. I might try a different technique to control eye movements but changing those settings during possession might be a no-go.

It should disable head colliders automatically with AcidBubbles.Embody.40.var (0.3.8), yes. The reason I'm taking for granted that they will never be useful, is because they will _always_ break possession unless the model collisions are off, and if collisions are on you already have person colliders, you shouldn't need the head collider too.

Do you see a use case where the head colliders would be preferable to the person colliders? I could make a condition like "if colliders are off, don't bother deactivating the head colliders".

Hmm yes in my Snugglesimulator project the lips collider of the female is paired with the camera rig. So the users turn on head collider and can decide on their own wether to posses the male and kiss the female or kissing her without possessing. I could just place and fix a collider in front of the camera rig but this would disable the possibillity to let react the mouth collider getting touched by the hands (possessed or not) and kiss the hands too.
I'm not sure if a possessed head with its person collider would enable the mouth collider paired to the camera rig. I will try it out.

Let me know how it goes, I understand what you mean, though it's tricky since you still have the collisions problem to deal with. Worst case I can make that an option but I'd like to avoid adding unnecessary options if I can.

Thanks to GREAT job. I joined patreon last month.

And i have question.

It's hard to make a finger shape with the controller in my hand.
Let go of the controller, it's only gonna hand direction only the controller.
Is there any way to scan and express the leap motion direction?
20210501_220032_MixedReality.jpg

@dkspwndj thanks! So what you mean is use the controller position, but the leap rotation? It's an interesting idea but not obvious, because I rely on VaM parenting. However you can use only the leap for position and rotation (see in tracker settings for hands)

Acid Bubbles updated Embody (Beta) with a new update entry:

Embody v0.3.9

- Disable VR hands when possessing (avoids double-hands)
- Rename import/export buttons and screens to save/load profile
- Support zero alpha cutoff (e.g. eyelashes on evil jade)
- Fix incorrect import of profile-only fields
- Passenger: Prefer object to control on non-person atoms
- Passenger: When using user-controlled head rotation, update the controller's control and rigidbody
- Align main menu settings buttons

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Acid Bubbles Hi - just joined Patreon to get this plugin - seems to be just what I want! Looks great so far too.

I have a question / problem though. How can I stop the posessed person's feet being rooted in one stop? I'd like to take possession, then be able to move around the scene somehow. I plan to get some vive trackers, but at the moment I just have HMD and 2 controllers. Its not going to be perfect, but can I somehow bind 1 controller to the pelvis, or get the body to follow the head position (I guess it would just dangle like a ghost!)

Thanks in advance

@Oscar Hale you can have your legs dangle by selecting feet and changing their mode to Off, they will just hang from your pelvis. You can do the same with the pelvis too. Another option is the Balance plug-in by @miscreatedreality that can move the feet (its not walking per se but it's better than dangling) automatically.

I have two questions.

Why isn't the Embody Passenger Feature working in Embody as it does using the Standalone Passenger Plugin ?
Do i still need both Plugins to be loaded?
If i select /checkbox use Passenger in Embody nothing works.
The Model does not move with the Animation as it does in Passenger Standalone.

How can i remove the two VAM Hands which are always overlapping the Possesed Person.
You mention " Disable VR hands when possessing (avoids double-hands) " in V 3.9 but in my 4.0 this does not work.

Last edited:
I have two questions.

Why isn't the Embody Passenger Feature working in Embody as it does using the Standalone Passenger Plugin ?
Do i still need both Plugins to be loaded?
If i select /checkbox use Passenger in Embody nothing works.
The Model does not move with the Animation as it does in Passenger Standalone.

How can i remove the two VAM Hands which are always overlapping the Possesed Person.
You mention " Disable VR hands when possessing (avoids double-hands) " in V 3.9 but in my 4.0 this does not work.
Hi @Lione,

The Embody Passenger works, make sure to click "Activate" in the UI (on top). A checked "Activate" is needed for using any type: Improved possession, snug, etc. You do not need other plugins, this is a all in one.

Doubled VR hands is when you have the handset virtual hands (floating hands, orbs or handset look) and you are also possessing the body hands. There's a button on the VAM UI, around the middle, that has show/hide hands and next to it the hands being able to apply force.

Hi you are right. It works good.
I have no idea what messed up my VAM but now today it works as expected.

The Hands are also working now in current Embody :)

Last edited:
Hi again.
I am having another Issue.

Now it is belonging to Eye Tracking.
Scene is static, non animated here, 2 Persons are posed.

If i attach Embody to a Person, everythings working but the 2nd Person is no longer following eye Tracking.
I look in the face of the Person but the eyes of Person 2 are staring to left side as a example.
Sure the Person should look into "my eyes" .

Usually without EMbody this works perfect.
It seems Person 2 does not know that I am the Posessed Person now.

Eye tracking is activatd in Embody but what do i have to do now so the oppposite Person follows looking at me ( posessed Person) ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom