Facial Motion Capture

Plugins Facial Motion Capture

OK, got the recording imported in V7. the eyes did not seem to record. Am I missing something.?

Last edited:
just tried V5 of the plugin and seems to record eyes but the import seems super speed once imported in to timeline

OK, got the recording imported in V7. the eyes did not seem to record. Am I missing something.?

I was not sure if you meant eyelid morphs like blinking or looking one direction or the other.

Blinking Eyelids and Squinting

This should work in all versions of the pluigin. Here are a couple of things that I noticed can cause issues tho:

- A morph that is not built in, from someone else, that is turned on that is controlling eye or eyebrow morphs. Some morphs have a scientists beaker icon on them and take over any changes to the eyes open morphs.
- Autobehaviors like blink might be in the way. I turn off eye blink, and jaw morphs, but leave on automatic eyelid changes

Eyes Looking Left, Right, Up, Down

More things can go wrong here.

VaM does not have a way to control eyes in code easily, especially in a way that TImeline can control. To get around this, there is a mini plugin that I wrote and included with the FacialMotionCapture plugin. If you use version 7, you have it.

For playback to work in timeline, you will need to have the EyeGazeControl plugin added to the same person as Timeline. The name of the EyeGazeControl also need to match exactly (with the same "...#0..." and everything or else timeline it trying to change the wrong value.

Here are some pictures that hopefully explain it better.

1) For timeline playback, make sure that at least EyeGazeControl is enabled (Main.Plugin does not matter for timeline playback)

howto_eye_motion_1.png

2) after importing your capture, make sure the looking around targets (lEyeRightLeft, lEyeUpDown, etc) are pointing at the same EyeGaze plugin id exactly.
* if they are not the same, you can salvage your animation work by editing the JSON file of your scene directly - be careful and make a backup! You can edit and replace "plugin#0_LFE.Eye....." with whatever matches the actual plugin # you actually have on the Person.

howto_eye_motion_2.png

Hit me up if you are still having issue.

had a chance to test this. I had disabled both plugins after loading it into timeline. otherwise the animaion play back would be glitchy. I Reenabled just the gaze control and it looks like its working.

had a chance to test this. I had disabled both plugins after loading it into timeline. otherwise the animaion play back would be glitchy. I Reenabled just the gaze control and it looks like its working.

Thank you for the report. I will try to make the glitchy a better experience. Maybe make options in capture plugin to let you configure stop listening to phone for one of these reasons.
  • Always capture
  • Stop capture when Plugin UI is hidden
  • Stop capture when Timeline is open
If you have other stop capture idea message here

Thank you so much for this plugin, I was wondering if I can use it when in possession mode? So I can control the models body and face at the same time?

Thank you so so much! This head rotation update is magical! :love: at first my head wouldn't move so I went in and played with "head rotation" sliders I am getting some nice smooth realistic results with them all set to 1.00 (y)

Thank you so so much! This head rotation update is magical! :love: at first my head wouldn't move so I went in and played with "head rotation" sliders I am getting some nice smooth realistic results with them all set to 1.00 (y)

Damn. I accidentally reported this comment instead of replying. I am an idiot (I let moderators know I made a mistake)

I was trying to reply helpfully here instead.

Those numbers you see are multipliers. If you set them to 10, they will be exaggerated. If you set them to -1 the motion will be reversed, -0.5 will be reversed but more subtle. Set it to 0 and nothing will be done for that morph or motion and this is a good way to turn off just one thing that you do not like.

Last edited:
No worries, you are most definitely not an idiot these things happen :) Thank you for explaining the multipliers to me, I love that you can turn things on or off and adjust them, you have really done some amazing work here ❤

Apparently that program works only with devices that have a front-facing TrueDepth camera, I tried, thanks!

There are some other programs out there that do install, but I don't know if they would interface to your plugin.

Just testing version 10 with timeline. It seems the eyes wide and brows dont import properly into time line. the live animation looks great for the eyes but once in time line most movements that I made are gone. Again the live capture looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom