Blender templates to convert OBJs exported from VAM into OBJs that use UDIM

Other Blender templates to convert OBJs exported from VAM into OBJs that use UDIM

You need to put the textures into the same folder and name them all the same but with a diffrerent (pre-)suffix: filename.udim_tile_number.png.
E.g. Base_female.1001.png, Base_female.1002.png, ... etc. , with the texture content fitting the UV layout, so the torso texure needs to be *.1001.png,
limbs need to be *.1002.png etc.
To load the udim textures into Blender, simply load the *.1001.png texture, and make sure the "detect UDIMs" is checked in the options of the open image
window.
1723967706164.png

This should load all the textures into the respective UDIM tiles.
1723967814095.png

Tried it with Blender 3.6.14 (it's the latest 3.6.x portable version of Blender I could find on Blender.org, so I guess it's the LTS), and it
worked fine for me.

Sorry for the late reply, took some break from VAM and messing with 3d in general.

Last edited:
Not working on Blender 4.0

View attachment 402279
Just grabed a portable version of Blender 4.0.2 and tried it, it worked for me. Could not find any model that I exported from VAM to set up my script/macro ,did export all models available in the "skin-selection" of VAM back then, but no of the models is named Genesis2Female. Is it a custom skin ? (I'm not actualy sure if the script works on those, I assumed custom skins would still ned to use a UV layout known to VAM).
Come to think of it, I think I had some problems with script when trying it back then, but it was due to a messup on the VAM export, it seems. When I re-exported the problem model from VAM the script worked.

Just grabed a portable version of Blender 4.0.2 and tried it, it worked for me. Could not find any model that I exported from VAM to set up my script/macro ,did export all models available in the "skin-selection" of VAM back then, but no of the models is named Genesis2Female. Is it a custom skin ? (I'm not actualy sure if the script works on those, I assumed custom skins would still ned to use a UV layout known to VAM).
Come to think of it, I think I had some problems with script when trying it back then, but it was due to a messup on the VAM export, it seems. When I re-exported the problem model from VAM the script worked.
No, it's the Default G2F of DAZ, not VaM model

Back
Top Bottom