• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

@sardarm Sync states are now working in the upstream.

I also added an "Indirect Transition" function which is pretty fantastic.

A bug I tested recently:

If there are multiple layers in the animation, some layers will not work and will get stuck during playback.

For example: I have three layers, namely, body, head, left hand, but only the head works normally, and the other layers cannot be played.

If I have 7 layers, only 5 layers may work properly

Last edited:
A bug I tested recently:

If there are multiple layers in the animation, some layers will not work and will get stuck during playback.

For example: I have three layers, namely, body, head, left hand, but only the head works normally, and the other layers cannot be played.

If I have 7 layers, only 5 layers may work properly

I guess we would need a more detailed description of the issue or a sample scene/animation. Because I use for example 7 layers in an animation and every one works fine.

We are working on a new release that fixes some bugs and adds some features (which I did not even think possible, like a new avoid system, and anchors based on roles. Some crazy stuff).

Maybe that release fixes the bugs you are encountering. I'm going to release it probably tomorrow. If it doesn't fix, then please help us reproducing the bug.

I guess we would need a more detailed description of the issue or a sample scene/animation. Because I use for example 7 layers in an animation and every one works fine.

We are working on a new release that fixes some bugs and adds some features (which I did not even think possible, like a new avoid system, and anchors based on roles. Some crazy stuff).

Maybe that release fixes the bugs you are encountering. I'm going to release it probably tomorrow. If it doesn't fix, then please help us reproducing the bug.

I carefully tested this bug myself and accurately described my experience:

1. First, I set up seven different layers, and then set state 1 and state 2 for one layer. This layer can work.

2. I set state 1 and state 2 for three layers. I found that in any case, the head works normally, and other parts do not work.

3. I set state 1 and state 2 for all layers, and I found that all layers can work.

I'm confused. Maybe I haven't understood the key of this problem.

I carefully tested this bug myself and accurately described my experience:

1. First, I set up seven different layers, and then set state 1 and state 2 for one layer. This layer can work.

2. I set state 1 and state 2 for three layers. I found that in any case, the head works normally, and other parts do not work.

3. I set state 1 and state 2 for all layers, and I found that all layers can work.

I'm confused. Maybe I haven't understood the key of this problem.

What is the difference between what you did in 2 vs 3?

Also, what does “not working” mean? Does this mean the layers just don’t switch states?

Are transitions set up?

Can you try downloading the custom folder from github and moving it to replace the custom folder inside of the var file, and seeing if that helps?

What is the difference between what you did in 2 vs 3?

Also, what does “not working” mean? Does this mean the layers just don’t switch states?

Are transitions set up?

Can you try downloading the custom folder from github and moving it to replace the custom folder inside of the var file, and seeing if that helps?
emmmmm.............My English level doesn't seem to be very good
In the second step, I randomly selected three of the seven layers, added state 1 and state 2 to these three layers, and set the transition. In the third step, I added state 1 and state 2 to all the seven layers, and set the transition

"Not working" means that state 1 is not transition to state 2 during play

emmmmm.............My English level doesn't seem to be very good
In the second step, I randomly selected three of the seven layers, added state 1 and state 2 to these three layers, and set the transition. In the third step, I added state 1 and state 2 to all the seven layers, and set the transition

"Not working" means that state 1 is not transition to state 2 during play

There are some things that might be happening. But I would advise using the latest version (downloading the github custom folder), since it fixed a lot of random exceptions that made states be stuck and not transition.

Also, make sure that the transitions are bidirectional and that their probability is not zero.

If the problem persists, could you share a sample scene?

haremlife updated AnimationPoser with a new update entry:

Added Indirect Transitions, and, wait for it, an Avoid System!!

Again, lots of new features were added which make the workflow much easier and the plugin much more powerful!

-An exclusion system was created, whereby characters can add and remove “avoids” to other roles. An “avoid” is similar to a message. Character A adds an avoid to character B. There will be an “Avoids” tab. You add an avoid in that tab and define there which states should be avoided when that avoid is placed. Character A can also remove the avoid. This would allow to define which...

Read the rest of this update entry...

haremlife updated AnimationPoser with a new update entry:

Added Indirect Transitions, and, wait for it, an Avoid System!!

Again, lots of new features were added which make the workflow much easier and the plugin much more powerful!

Also the plugin is MUCH MORE stable and working really well. I`m working on a demo scene with multiple animations, dozens of layers and hundreds of states and nothing is falling apart so far!

-An exclusion system was created, whereby characters can add and remove “avoids” to other roles. An “avoid” is similar to a message. Character A places an avoid to character B. There will be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm working on Timeline integration right now. You guys might expect to be able to import timeline animations into the plugin in the next few days. This is a huge feature, because of how the timelines are going work: transitions become timelines. So you can have rich mocaps as transitions for example.

When trying to set up an UI Trigger, I got the fallowing error messages:

!> Exception during Store of plugin#0_HaremLife.AnimationPoser: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveMessage (HaremLife.Message messageToSave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveMessages (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc, Boolean withHeader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveAnimations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.GetJSON (Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, Boolean forceStore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.Store (SimpleJSON.JSONArray atoms, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After saving & reloading the scene, all states in all layers where broken: The y - coordinate was set to zero, x and z where stored correctly, the same with morphs.

I used the fallowing settings for the button:

Receiver Atom: Person
Receiver: plugin#0_HaremLife.AnimationPoser
Send Message: Start (the same as the string I used)

I ve chosen the first state of my animation as source and the next state of that animation as target.
The animation has 3 layers, all transitions are set sequential. The state I´d chosen as target for the message would have been the next state aformentioned sequence.
It is meant as intro which is suppossed to transition into the actual animations without beeing repeated.

After looking at the button setup in the demo, I noticed that the target state of the message is in a layer which uses all controlles used in the other animations.
The states I used as source / target only had one affected controller. Do I need to setup a "masterstate" with all controllers used in order to be able to set up an UI Trigger?

Last edited:
When trying to set up an UI Trigger, I got the fallowing error messages:

!> Exception during Store of plugin#0_HaremLife.AnimationPoser: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveMessage (HaremLife.Message messageToSave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveMessages (SimpleJSON.JSONClass jc, Boolean withHeader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.SaveAnimations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HaremLife.AnimationPoser.GetJSON (Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance, Boolean forceStore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Atom.Store (SimpleJSON.JSONArray atoms, Boolean includePhysical, Boolean includeAppearance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After saving & reloading the scene, all states in all layers where broken: The y - coordinate was set to zero, x and z where stored correctly, the same with morphs.

I used the fallowing settings for the button:

Receiver Atom: Person
Receiver: plugin#0_HaremLife.AnimationPoser
Send Message: Start (the same as the string I used)

I ve chosen the first state of my animation as source and the next state of that animation as target.
The animation has 3 layers, all transitions are set sequential. The state I´d chosen as target for the message would have been the next state aformentioned sequence.
It is meant as intro which is suppossed to transition into the actual animations without beeing repeated.

After looking at the button setup in the demo, I noticed that the target state of the message is in a layer which uses all controlles used in the other animations.
The states I used as source / target only had one affected controller. Do I need to setup a "masterstate" with all controllers used in order to be able to set up an UI Trigger?

The error stacktrace is refering to the IO code that is used when you save the messages or the plugin instance. When does that error show up? If I understand correctly, things are working, until you try to save and reload?

I guess the SaveMessage code might be breaking if states are removed... Maybe you removed some state but the state is still showing up in the source state list for the message. Can you check that?

Otherwise, can you share a sample scene where the issue happens?

Last edited:
Implemented now smooth bezier curve interpolation, thanks to the help from AcidBubbles!

The error stacktrace is refering to the IO code that is used when you save the messages or the plugin instance. When does that error show up? If I understand correctly, things are working, until you try to save and reload?

I guess the SaveMessage code might be breaking if states are removed... Maybe you removed some state but the state is still showing up in the source state list for the message. Can you check that?

Otherwise, can you share a sample scene where the issue happens?

Thanks for the reply. No, I didn´t alter any state. I allready finished the animation, setting up the button was the last thing I wanted to do.

The error showed up after I saved the scene in VaM.

What happened was that I noticed the button not working at first, so I decided to load the demo to see how it was set up in there.

I am still not sure if I just made a mistake.

The layer set as target for the message in the animationposer demo scene was set up like this :

Example1.jpg

It includes all controllers used in the scene by all remaining animations.

However, the layer I set as target looks like this:
Example2.jpg

It only includes the controllers which are used in this particular animation. However, there are more controllers used by the remaining animations.

Lastly, I can try to reproduce the event. I usually make a different save after every alteration so I reverted back to an old save yesterday. I still have the save where the error occured. What files do you need exactly ?

Hi, I created a 180° turn animation for person atoms. How should this be anchored correctly to reuse it indepently from position of the person in space?

Thanks for the reply. No, I didn´t alter any state. I allready finished the animation, setting up the button was the last thing I wanted to do.

The error showed up after I saved the scene in VaM.

What happened was that I noticed the button not working at first, so I decided to load the demo to see how it was set up in there.

I am still not sure if I just made a mistake.

The layer set as target for the message in the animationposer demo scene was set up like this :

View attachment 142501

It includes all controllers used in the scene by all remaining animations.

However, the layer I set as target looks like this:
View attachment 142502

It only includes the controllers which are used in this particular animation. However, there are more controllers used by the remaining animations.

Lastly, I can try to reproduce the event. I usually make a different save after every alteration so I reverted back to an old save yesterday. I still have the save where the error occured. What files do you need exactly ?

Oh, I never tested having the same controller in multiple layers. You should probably not do that.

The reason why I didn't code the UI to forbid using the same controller in more than one layer is because this would prevent from concatenating animation pieces, which is done by loading two layers with the same controllers and then merging.

Other than this one case (which does not involve playing the animation or saving/loading), the layers should never share controllers.

Back
Top Bottom