AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

cdgczta8

Reactions
cdgczta8 submitted a new resource:

AnimationPoser - A powerful animation plugin for VaM

Original credit goes to HaremLife and MacGruber for all the development work to get the plugin to this point.

I'm taking over development to get this thing stable and release it. Consider this resource a beta/pre-release version of the main resource until further notice.

A demo scene/tutorial is coming hopefully soon! But this release should fix a lot of the bugs kicking around in the last version. Please download and...

Read more about this resource...

Great that somebody is taking over and improving it. Looking forward to future releases.

I've been looking forward to updating this plug-in because I think it has great potential. Thank you for taking over this job. I hope everything goes well with you.

No problem! I think my main contribution here will be documentation, bug fixes and maybe more features in the future if I feel up to it. As it stands right now, I think it's great. Harem talked about adding timeline integration and while I think that's neat, it'll take a good chunk of work. In the meantime I just want some form of a stable release and a tutorial/docs to bring it to the masses.

Thanks for taking this on!

I'm assuming the erroneous additional AnimationSpeed sliders, that show up on the UI when you load into a scene with an existing animation, are on your radar. Very much looking forward to that being fixed.

Report three bugs:

1. Roles page can't work, There are no roles in the drop-down menu

2. The trigger of message is very strange. I can't find the transition time in the message page

3. Whenever I switch states, the state transition will be completed in the form of animation. For example, my animation lasts for 5 seconds, so it takes me 5 seconds to switch states. In the old version, this step can be completed in 0.5 seconds.

If you need a screenshot, I can upload it to you later

Last edited:
@cdgczta8 I'll see a way that you can publish updates to the main plugin page. The reason why *this time* I don't want to publish the bug fixes too soon is because I gotta work on the definitive export formats, and this will break retrocompatibility (animations made with the current version of the plugin will not be able to be imported into the next), which demands a bit of damage control.

That's fair! I mostly just want feedback on what else we might have missed. Points 1 and 3 above are interesting. I fixed 1 already (just a result of switching your handle to mine). Point 3 I hadn't noticed yet. Odd...

That's fair! I mostly just want feedback on what else we might have missed. Points 1 and 3 above are interesting. I fixed 1 already (just a result of switching your handle to mine). Point 3 I hadn't noticed yet. Odd...

I identified a bug when using subscenes. When adding a character to a subscene, the save and load of the animations break, as the anchors get messed up, not being "self" anymore.

@sardarm fixed #1 and #3 with the most recent release. #2 is a bit of an oversight but not a breaking change. Transition time is dictated (I believe) by the target state. We can look to add this in the future.

@sardarm fixed #1 and #3 with the most recent release. #2 is a bit of an oversight but not a breaking change. Transition time is dictated (I believe) by the target state. We can look to add this in the future.

#2 is explained in the discussion page in the main plugin page. It is not a bug at all, but a very important feature.

I fixed #3 last week. The larger changes in the commit 0a6047bea98df42f0249068b5cc72e19971238dd are probably not necessary, though that's a matter for discussion. Just pointing out that this is what I fixed on this commit:

I see you merged the mainstream into your branch AFTER writing that commit, so you might have come out with a separate (and lengthier) solution without realizing it would be simply fixed by the merge.

The commit related to #1 seems to be missing from your github? I'd like to take a look. In principle I don't think there is anything to fix: the role list is empty at first: you need to add roles.

I'll roll back and test again but it hadn't been fixed before or after the merge. This was maybe a separate bug but I added an if/else statement to the UISetState method. Will commit tomorrow but it's one line.

I'll roll back and test again but it hadn't been fixed before or after the merge. This was maybe a separate bug but I added an if/else statement to the UISetState method. Will commit tomorrow but it's one line.

Can you explain the bug a little better? If I have a transition that has 0.1 duration, it takes 0.1 for the transition to take place (in the latest mainstream).

Just a question: why are you and Harem release different forks of this excellent plugin?

Can you explain the bug a little better? If I have a transition that has 0.1 duration, it takes 0.1 for the transition to take place (in the latest mainstream).

Sure. The bug happens when editing states, not when playing an animation.

1. Create two states, each with a 10 second min wait time and 10 second max wait time.
2. Switch between them using the mymainstate drop down menu.
3. Immediately attempt to edit one of the controllers captured by the state. I find that you're unable to edit the controllers for 10 seconds or until the wait time has lapsed. It seems the clock is still running even when not playing and it treats the state like it's being played and won't let you move affected controllers until it's done.

Just a question: why are you and Harem release different forks of this excellent plugin?

I started releasing my own because harem initially said he no longer wanted to work on/play VaM citing mental health reasons. Just to make sure I was able to keep releasing without his account in case he decided to fully cut ties and delete everything for his own sake I made my own version. Since then I've been squashing bugs and quickly releasing hot fixes here. It's a bit impatient of me and I should probably just delete it and point everyone back to his repo. Just been treating this as a prerelease version/backup.

I started releasing my own because harem initially said he no longer wanted to work on/play VaM citing mental health reasons. Just to make sure I was able to keep releasing without his account in case he decided to fully cut ties and delete everything for his own sake I made my own version. Since then I've been squashing bugs and quickly releasing hot fixes here. It's a bit impatient of me and I should probably just delete it and point everyone back to his repo. Just been treating this as a prerelease version/backup.

Not mental health issues. I'm going through a serious and somewhat debilitating physical illness. I would never delete the plugin... The reason I went back to development was to not go back in my word and not leave people hanging (also your help was crucial). I don't regret it since the plugin is finally working to the point of increasingly complex animations being possible and it is actually a loot of fun! First time vam feels like a game for me.

Last edited:
Thank you for your previous reply. When I tested your new version, I found that when there are more than three layers in an animation, some layers will not work.

For example: three layers, left hand, right hand and body. When there are two layers, it is normal. After adding the third layer, one layer cannot work.

If I have 7 layers, only 5 layers may work properly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom