AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

Getting some weird overlapping menus when I duplicate a state, wont go away unless I reload the plugin. Using hub hosted 3.11
Also this repeating titles here:
ui.jpg

I get this constantly, the UI is currently unusable.

Anyway, I'm trying to import from "Timeline", but even though I have some .json files, AnimationPoser doesn't seem to find them (the browser shows an empty folder). Either it's a bug or it's very unclear how to import animations from "Timeline".

Also this repeating titles here:
View attachment 258876

I get this constantly, the UI is currently unusable.

Anyway, I'm trying to import from "Timeline", but even though I have some .json files, AnimationPoser doesn't seem to find them (the browser shows an empty folder). Either it's a bug or it's very unclear how to import animations from "Timeline".

I made lots of improvements to the UI bugs which will be released in the next version. Also, the UI breaks are not fatal anymore in this new upcoming version, they usually go away by switching to a new tab.

Importing timelines happens at the Timelines menu. I don't know if you are trying to import a timeline as an animation. That doesn't work... You have to import a timeline as a transition between two states, by adding a transition and then going to the timelines meny and hitting "import timeline".

Last edited:
My scene SciFiBJ relies on this plugin for the girl's head positioning from looking up at the player to taking the cock into her mouth. It has been great for that simple move, but I am having an impossible time implementing a lewd speech system where the girl stops periodically to look up and say lewd things, and then gets back to sucking. The positions that are stored for the head up and head down position keep changing on their own so she looses alignment. I have saved 20 instances of the plugin each time I reposition the head using numerical entry and capture the position state, only to have the position get screwed up again. I have spent perhaps 20 hours on this and I am at the point of giving up.

My scene SciFiBJ relies on this plugin for the girl's head positioning from looking up at the player to taking the cock into her mouth. It has been great for that simple move, but I am having an impossible time implementing a lewd speech system where the girl stops periodically to look up and say lewd things, and then gets back to sucking. The positions that are stored for the head up and head down position keep changing on their own so she looses alignment. I have saved 20 instances of the plugin each time I reposition the head using numerical entry and capture the position state, only to have the position get screwed up again. I have spent perhaps 20 hours on this and I am at the point of giving up.
This version of AnimationPoser is extremly buggy. I wouldn't use it for anything serious.
Have you tried CharacterStateManager ? It's a lot more stable at least.

Hey guys.

AnimationPoser is discontinued.

The version I have now is 100% stable, with new features and so on, but I can't release for free something I burned myself out for 3 years to build. While I'm working on monetization strategies, that's a slow process and it will probably happen either outside vam or in a heavily modded vam, because vam provides very scarce advantages over unity other than the community content.

To be specific, vam has a gargantuan problem arising from the decision of making character customization and play mode the same thing. In games like the sims, skyrim, etc, character customization is a separate process. Investigating the core, virt-a-mate has an unbelievable amount of unnecessary game objects under the person atom, which make atoms ridiculously heavy (gigabyes of ram memory), while a daz character is not even 1/100 of that.

While I did have immense help from many people, the amount of work done by me personally is still not justifiable for a free release.

In many ways, AnimationPoser is bigger than VAM. There is nothing like this out there, it has become a motor system that bridges the gap between animation, automation and ai.

It is uncertain whether I'll ever release this in any way, but, if I'm not releasing it here, it is because I hope to release it eventually elsewere.

The thing is, this would make the VAM community at least 10 times bigger. Everybody, and this means everybody who never believed in this or understood this at all, would profit from this, except myself. In the exact moment I SHOWED, in practice, what this does, there would be no turning back. Everybody would get it, everybody would use it, everybody would profit from it. But that's not fair, there is no merit in seeing something working and then believe it; if people didn't believe in it when I conceived it and explained it. My merit is my idea. And this idea needs to be shown to a wider public, elsewhere, and in a way that I have ownership of my idea. It is bigger than vam, but I would be turning it over to vam as intellectual property.

This would be wild because the public for the technology I have built is tens or hundreds of times larger than the virt-a-mate public.

So one idea is I'll eventually create a different game. One with separate customization/play, one where you can have as many simultaneous characters as unity permits (thousands), and one focused on desktop instead of vr, animation/interaction/dialogue instead of soft body physics, etc. Something more adequate for say movie making.

IF I ever do this, I won't use any channel related to the hub or the discord to market that. It will be a different public.

This "abandonment" of the vam public was a hard decision and I took years to do it, but in retrospect I should have done that way sooner when it became clear that no one would pick up on the idea and that I would have to implement that myself. Back then I had no knowledge of unity, C#, vam development workflow/environment, anything, which is the reason for so many bugs and issues. Now I'm becoming a beast.

So, good news is that the proper, complete, technology has a chance of eventually seeing the light of day, and with all the supporting features necessary for a real "the sims"-like experience (in modded vam or otherwise). Bad news is that it won't be through this channel. But I'm sure smart/interested people will find it.

This version of AnimationPoser is extremly buggy. I wouldn't use it for anything serious.
Have you tried CharacterStateManager ? It's a lot more stable at least.
I may have to give that a shot becuase I thought I had gotten things to work after spending 10 more hours methodically going through my scene to get it working. I tested it in desktop for hours until I was confident that it was going to work. But alas, I tested it out again today and the same issues with the saved head positions mysteriously updating the the wrong coordinates happned again.
I anticipate it will be a big job to get all the positions over to a new plugin, and then to work out all the triggers, but at this point, I don't see another way to proceed long term.

I may have to give that a shot becuase I thought I had gotten things to work after spending 10 more hours methodically going through my scene to get it working. I tested it in desktop for hours until I was confident that it was going to work. But alas, I tested it out again today and the same issues with the saved head positions mysteriously updating the the wrong coordinates happned again.
I anticipate it will be a big job to get all the positions over to a new plugin, and then to work out all the triggers, but at this point, I don't see another way to proceed long term.
In retrospect, it is sad that someone decided to create a new plugin instead of working together. He didn't realize that my self-transitions are the same thing as his animation clips. But I think I hadn't released that yet. A quick chat could have made that clear though.

Back
Top Bottom