AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

Great plugin, once I understood the principle behind it it´s simple enough to build animations.

Thanks to the demo I was able to recreate the process.

A couple of questions, if you don´t mind:

1. Is it intended that I need to set up an "default" animation / idle animation to set up an UI Trigger ? When I use the message system and select any layer/state within the same animation I get a couple of error messages. What I did was to set up a new animation with a single layer / state including all controlers used in the animation I actually want to play when pressing the button. This worked out in the end.

2. Is it possible to randomize between animations ?

Great plugin, once I understood the principle behind it it´s simple enough to build animations.

Thanks to the demo I was able to recreate the process.

A couple of questions, if you don´t mind:

1. Is it intended that I need to set up an "default" animation / idle animation to set up an UI Trigger ? When I use the message system and select any layer/state within the same animation I get a couple of error messages. What I did was to set up a new animation with a single layer / state including all controlers used in the animation I actually want to play when pressing the button. This worked out in the end.

2. Is it possible to randomize between animations ?

1 is probably some bug which has been fixed on the development side and will be absent in the next release.

2. Yes! From a state in animation A, you can add a transition to a state in animation B. This transition will be randomly selected, allowing you to transition to the other animation. All animations can be interconnected in the same graph/markov chain, like a big tree with many branches and leaves. States in an animation can be directly connected to states in other animation. The only thing that distinguishes the animations from one another is the distribution of controllers per layers. To ensure that transitions to other animations happen smoothly, you might use the sync targets feature, which allows you to determine the states in other layers when arriving in one state of a given layer. It can also be used for layers to communicate and sync with each other. These features are working very well in the v3.7 which will be released in the next day or so.

1 is probably some bug which has been fixed on the development side and will be absent in the next release.

2. Yes! From a state in animation A, you can add a transition to a state in animation B. This transition will be randomly selected, allowing you to transition to the other animation. All animations can be interconnected in the same graph/markov chain, like a big tree with many branches and leaves. States in an animation can be directly connected to states in other animation. The only thing that distinguishes the animations from one another is the distribution of controllers per layers. To ensure that transitions to other animations happen smoothly, you might use the sync targets feature, which allows you to determine the states in other layers when arriving in one state of a given layer. It can also be used for layers to communicate and sync with each other. These features are working very well in the v3.7 which will be released in the next day or so.

Thanks for the quick response ! Ok, setting up randomisation will take me a while, I haven´t fully grasped every possibility the plugin offers.

I have next to no prior experience in this, only some from video editing. I have to say it, this plugin is a blessing for me.

One last question though, will both plugins be developed simultaniously now or should I switch to 3.7 once it is released ?

Sorry if this has been allready asked. I just found out about this plugin recently : )

I found that this version of sync layer doesn't work, but the version 3.6 you released works normally

Thanks for the quick response ! Ok, setting up randomisation will take me a while, I haven´t fully grasped every possibility the plugin offers.

I have next to no prior experience in this, only some from video editing. I have to say it, this plugin is a blessing for me.

One last question though, will both plugins be developed simultaniously now or should I switch to 3.7 once it is released ?

Sorry if this has been allready asked. I just found out about this plugin recently : )
You should switch to 3.7 when it's released. As I mentioned earlier in this thread harem said at one point that he was done working on the plug in and when I initially took over I created this resource so I could release things on my own.

Now he's back to developing and so we'll release under his resource. Keeping this around for now until 3.7 is released and then I will link to his plug-in from here and use his plug-in in my demo scene.

I found that this version of sync layer doesn't work, but the version 3.6 you released works normally

Yeah. See my above comment but we will now switch to releasing under harem's resource again once 3.7 is ready.

I may upload some hot fixes here from time to time but think of this plug-in as a beta/test release for anything over there. Harem's releases are considered the stable/official releases while this is experimental releases.

Back
Top Bottom