AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

@Saint66 So in timeline you load the pose and the animation at the same time, right?

Well, I thought about that and that is not hard to implement in a future version. But like you said it is not difficult to save the pose together either.

It sucks that the "relative" anchor is not there yet. However, there are lots of benefits to the plugin already, mostly because of the random features. v.3.3 will be really great because all the major feature are there already and there are just some small feats and bug fixes left for a complete product.

@VamBlaster I am going to upload a tutorial eventually.

However, one thing no one seems to have complained is to be able to make the controllers move. One issue that happened for me once is that the controllers were not moving, like transitions weren't working. Then I went to the play tab and realized the "PlayPause" checkbox was ticked. If that is the case, uncheck it.

Anyway, explaining again the basic procedure:

1- Start a new clean instance of the plugin in the latest version
2- Add an animation
3- Add a layer
4- Add, say, rHandControl in the Captures tab.
5- Go to States tab and add a state
6- Move the rHand controller
7- Click add state again
8- Go to transitions tab
9- Click add transition
10- Make sure both "in" and "out" boxes are checked.
11- Go to play tab
12- Make sure "PlayPause" box is unchecked
13- The rHand should be going back and forth between those two states

So I followed these instructions line by line and it is still not working. I've made a video here:

Hey @VamBlaster !

You skipped the "Add Controller" button! Like, when you go to captures tab, and select a controller, next you gotta click the "Add Controller" button so that the controller is added to the list of controllers. You can animate multiple controllers in a layer.

yup, this needs a video tutorial. following directions and my brain is dead. i can get 1 limb to move 1 time, cant figure out anything else. video tutorial needed. fuck i would pay for a video tutorial. anything to add life to a character.

whats the process for adding another state? i can get 1 limb to moive one way then back with 2 states, how do you get it to go to spot 3 then 4 ? do u got to adsd another layer also?

Hey @motorcityclimber ! You should just click the "add state" for adding a state and "add layer" for adding a layer. There is a animation, a layer and a state slider on the top of the plugin ui, below the "save" and "load" buttons.

Please include a TL;DR in the overview/main page - for people who are already familiar with making animations with the timeline plugin, a full on paper is too much to read when trying to decide whether or not this plugin is worth giving a try
100% this, until i know why i would want to get this without having to read a whole novel i probably won't bother.

100% this, until i know why i would want to get this without having to read a whole novel i probably won't bother.

The initial description ("a powerful random animation plugin") is enough for someone who is able to put these words together and understand what it means. There is no other random animation plugin in virt-a-mate. The "novel" is N ways of explaining the same thing for someone who still didn't understand after the N-1 iteration.

The initial description ("a powerful random animation plugin") is enough for someone who is able to put these words together and understand what it means. There is no other random animation plugin in virt-a-mate. The "novel" is N ways of explaining the same thing for someone who still didn't understand after the N-1 iteration.
Yeah, sure, you can be a dick about it i guess, i was just stating the obvious, it is a complete mess of a description.

sometimes the rewards of finally learning something is joy in itself. i will soon be there with this. it is confusing tho especially coming from someone who dont know idle poser either. or time line. i imagine some who are reading this are in the same boat, cant grasp this whole states, transitions,, ect thing. but looking for simple ways to make animations to make people come to life.

@motorcityclimber This should be a community effort, I’d be glad if people helped with demos and such. Maybe a tutorial. It’s 95% there. But Ill get back to this as soon as I can.

so please let me make this easier for those who cant comprehend. i was one of em and i just had a revelation. so im gonna copy paste your dirrections above and modify them..

First thing is i noticed some pose presets in folders i got right.. all starting in the same spot which is important so note that to whos reading.. poses must be in the same spot..so i used those as a start reference. so here goes.. using pose presets with your plug is very easy.. so here goes..

1- Start a new clean instance of the plugin in the latest version
2- Add an animation
3- Add a layer
4- Add, say, rHandControl in the Captures tab.

( this is my first modification, instead of one controller i put almost all. feet, no toes,, knees, elbows, hands, chest, abs, ect.. skip the neck, skip the head, and any non essential ones such as nipple, penis, ect unless needed.. so you pretty much have the full body under control. minus the head and neck. )

5- Go to States tab and add a state
6- Move the rHand controller

( at this step instead of moving the right hand controller i set a pose preset. )

7- Click add state again

( at this stage your essentually creating the second pose, so you add the state again like above, then go back to pose presets and select another pose. after selcting another pose go back to plugin and click capture state to capture the second pose..... keep in mind a pose that is similar to previous pose is pretty important obviously, and again make sure these pose presets spawn in same spot. pick em from the same folder from scenes or preset packs.. the standing pose packs is nice. )

8- Go to transitions tab
9- Click add transition

( in the transition make the movement time long, and slow, but time delay between is 5 to 10 seconds works best. )

10- Make sure both "in" and "out" boxes are checked.

( at this stage i go back to states, add another state, set another pose preset then click capture again, then go to transitions and create the same type of transition.. you can just keep adding poses. gets pretty tedious but keep ur mind focused,, and stay on track in your order of directions. ive done 7 poses at most and it worked great. )
11- Go to play tab
12- Make sure "PlayPause" box is unchecked
13- The rHand should be going back and forth between those two states

( instead of the hand moving your character should me moving thru the poses. )

Good luck! and i truly hopes this helps others that read these threads!

you can fine tune the above after you set everything up by turning off the play, then go to states, you can modify the pose shes in and hit capture state to modify it easy as that. then just go back to play again. pay attention to the feet. notice how they slide across the floor? well those would be needing some modification to almost make them move more natural. but once you get all above setup it should hit you like a sack of bricks.. im so happy i didnt give up on this.

now im gonna ask a in depth question, instead of making them play, you can just trigger the state, with a trigger right? collision trig, look ect? then once the transition moves to another state, can that triger a state on another character?

or simple terms.. can the transition from one state to another on character 1 activate a state transition on character 2?

Last edited:
"then once the transition moves to another state, can that triger a state on another character?"

That's the plan. There is a sync option in the transitions tab. I'll add the possibility to sync another character.

Is it possible to triger the play/pause to stop and start the animation states with a button, or maybe make a button that can change the animation or layer?
Im lovinging the plugin, but i just cant find any good information on how to do this. ( EDIT ) --- I found how to trigger the states and on/off was incorectly setting up the wrong part.

Last edited:
Is it possible to triger the play/pause to stop and start the animation states with a button, or maybe make a button that can change the animation or layer?
Im lovinging the plugin, but i just cant find any good information on how to do this. ( EDIT ) --- I found how to trigger the states and on/off was incorectly setting up the wrong part.
please elaborate, ive been confused as how to set up a manual trigger. i feel im trying to set up wrong as well, it keeps wanting me to input text and im lost. whats your commands?

please elaborate, ive been confused as how to set up a manual trigger. i feel im trying to set up wrong as well, it keeps wanting me to input text and im lost. whats your commands?

You use the "Switch State" trigger, and the trigger message is the name of the state. Same for switching animation.

You use the "Switch State" trigger, and the trigger message is the name of the state. Same for switching animation.
thanks ill look deeper, every time i tried to add a triger i added a trigger to the scene like a collision or look at, and when i went to program activation it wanted me to input text, i tried, didnt work, whole setup didnt feel right, nor look right.

Hey, so there are a few ways to set this up, i have made a ui button for the play/pause, then i also made a ui button to test out state changes and animation changes.

Example of toggle button for play/pause.

-------- First add an atom - Ui Button for clicking a state or Ui Toggle for Play/Pause.
-------- Next in the button control, Click Toggle Control & add a toggle action.
-------- Next name the action and click settings. then add
Reveiver Atom = Person
Reveiver = plugin#0_HaremLife.AnimationPoser
Receiver Target = PlayPause or whatever you want in the menu.

Press check to send depending on what you toggle.

Then test your button. :)

so i have a question about the transitions, i create 2 states, then create the transition, then create another state, as i set up the second transition and 3rd and 4th, should i be switching the state its transfering from every time? or do i leave that state tab in the transition tab alone? ive tried both like switching the state tab to 2 then create the transition from 2 to 3, but im not seeing what it doing. could you explain?

so here.. 1.. do i have to change the states in transitions tab to 2 while making 3rd transition.
2.. if i do swith the states does that mean it changes from state 2 to 4? or 1 to 3? or 1 to 4?

its just not clicking for me, the transitions parts.. create 1 solid like? or bounce between all states at random? elaborate please?

@haremlife Thanks for this plugin. It's exactly what this community needs to get some working animations that can be shared I think.
Not to rush you but when is 3.2 going to be released you think?

Thanks!!

@haremlife Hi, I like the idea as I play alot with idleposer so far. I worked with your plugin the whole afternoon and got stuck as it comes to triggered transitions.
I build an animation with 4 layers.
layer1 controls left hand and fingers
layer 2 controls macgrubers gaze plugin (to have the person look at different things)
layer 3 controls right hand and fingers
layer 4 controls feet, hip and chest (head is set to comply)

Ok now my person is wiping herself on her breast wit the left hand, wiping her ass with the right hand and tumbles a bit around with her body. (so far idle poser would have done this too)
Now I want to trigger externally that the person transitions to a specific pose (layer4), the left hand shall do the same as before (used anchors), the gaze (layer2) shall do the same, the right hand shall do 3 linear steps and then do some procedural chains.

I tried alot of things to realize that but nothing was satisfying.
There are several external triggers "switch animation", "switch layer" and "switch state". If I tried to build a second animation with the stuff described above the "switch animation" trigger results in a nonfluent movement. Furthermore I'm wondering how your plugin knows which state to switch in which layer.

Another try was to create a state with a transition to animation#2. This state has a zero probabilty in order to only reach it by external trigger. If I switch to this state externally nothing happens afer entering the state. I cant say what happened after the trigger, dont know if ani9mation 2 is reached and stuck at state 1 or if the animation 1 gots stuck in that specific state.

How does the triggersync work?

To be honest atm I don't see the benefit over idleposer.

"Furthermore I'm wondering how your plugin knows which state to switch in which layer."

There is a "sync" option in the transitions tab. A transition can lead a state inside of a layer inside of an animation to a state in ANOTHER layer in ANOTHER animation. This is a "cross-animation" transition. You DON'T need triggers! Then, this begs the question: "if I switch to a state in a layer in another animation, what the initial states in other animations will be"? And, for that there is the sync option. The sync is used to specify the arrival states in the remaining layers after the transition! So the level of control is outstanding. Again, you do not need triggers.

"To be honest atm I don't see the benefit over idleposer."

Well idle poser can simulate multiple layers by using multiple plugin instances, one for each layer. But, then, you have only one animation. In the language of AnimationPoser, you can simulate at most multiple layers of a single animation with IdlePoser. You can't have the equivalent of multiple animations. Therefore, you cannot have a single scene with multiple animations. You cannot (or it is barely impractical) to have a single scene which has talking, kissing, blowjob, multiple sex positions, etc. Animation Poser allows a scene with all of these things in a SINGLE plugin instance.

Another planned feature is multi-character sync. Which means goodbye to triggers, and which means multiple characters can participate in the same macro animation flow, or, in other words, they can interact and cooperate in a syncronized manner EVEN in face of severe randomness.

That being said, the plugin is pretty much broken right now and I'm currently working on it. When it's ready, I'm gonna release a sample scene and I sincerely expect to blow everyone's minds.

"Furthermore I'm wondering how your plugin knows which state to switch in which layer."

There is a "sync" option in the transitions tab. A transition can lead a state inside of a layer inside of an animation to a state in ANOTHER layer in ANOTHER animation. This is a "cross-animation" transition. You DON'T need triggers! Then, this begs the question: "if I switch to a state in a layer in another animation, what the initial states in other animations will be"? And, for that there is the sync option. The sync is used to specify the arrival states in the remaining layers after the transition! So the level of control is outstanding. Again, you do not need triggers.

"To be honest atm I don't see the benefit over idleposer."

Well idle poser can simulate multiple layers by using multiple plugin instances, one for each layer. But, then, you have only one animation. In the language of AnimationPoser, you can simulate at most multiple layers of a single animation with IdlePoser. You can't have the equivalent of multiple animations. Therefore, you cannot have a single scene with multiple animations. You cannot (or it is barely impractical) to have a single scene which has talking, kissing, blowjob, multiple sex positions, etc. Animation Poser allows a scene with all of these things in a SINGLE plugin instance.

Another planned feature is multi-character sync. Which means goodbye to triggers, and which means multiple characters can participate in the same macro animation flow, or, in other words, they can interact and cooperate in a syncronized manner EVEN in face of severe randomness.

That being said, the plugin is pretty much broken right now and I'm currently working on it. When it's ready, I'm gonna release a sample scene and I sincerely expect to blow everyone's minds.

OK, I did that similar with multiple idleposer plugins and Macgrubers statemachine (turning on off the desired idleposers). But you are right this is a bit uncomfortable.
I need external triggers to have interaction. e.g. watching one infinite procedural animation and starting the next if the user wants to. I will upload my AnimationPoser scene today or tomorrow (needs some minor optimation) maybe you have some hints. The transition stuff is a bit... hard to understand.
Btw. there is a Qol issue with the dropdown menus. The dropdown menus at the bottom are hard to use as the scroll bar of the UI doesn't expand with the dropdown menus.
Additionally there is no option to create subfolders for saved animations/layers. There is also sometimes a problem when switching the animation in the UI. The states of the layers do not actualize in some cases
Please don't misunderstand me. I like your project. :)(y)

OK, I did that similar with multiple idleposer plugins and Macgrubers statemachine (turning on off the desired idleposers). But you are right this is a bit uncomfortable.
I need external triggers to have interaction. e.g. watching one infinite procedural animation and starting the next if the user wants to. I will upload my AnimationPoser scene today or tomorrow (needs some minor optimation) maybe you have some hints. The transition stuff is a bit... hard to understand.
Btw. there is a Qol issue with the dropdown menus. The dropdown menus at the bottom are hard to use as the scroll bar of the UI doesn't expand with the dropdown menus.
Additionally there is no option to create subfolders for saved animations/layers. There is also sometimes a problem when switching the animation in the UI. The states of the layers do not actualize in some cases
Please don't misunderstand me. I like your project. :)(y)

Yes, all of this are point I'm aware. Regarding external triggers, of course they can be used.. However it is easier to simply use them to select state, and leave the rest to the plugin to operate. This way you avoid combinatorial explosions of the amount of necessary triggers. In other words, the trigger is just used as a... trigger, I mean, as an initial firestarter, and the plugin does the rest.

Back
Top Bottom