AnimationPoser

Plugins AnimationPoser

@cmramlow I think it would be the transition duration in the transitions tab! In general you gotta reduce the transition time for both states in the transition.

Also, select the head controller, go in physics tab and increase the hold position spring. If the hold position spring is low, this is probably why you can’t get the results that you want

Hi again,

would it be possible to expose some more functionality to i.e. Triggers or Bricks?
Like Transition Duration or Min/Max wait time?

This could make states more lifelike, if you know what I mean ;)

@Saint66 I believe that might be possible. I have personally created the "Switch Animation" trigger and I remember it being pretty easy.

Hey can you help me understand how to get a change in animations once they are set up in the same plug in? how to transistion from animation 1 to animation 2. I cannot figure it out. I also only see a way to set up ui buttons toggle remotely to ' enable " or disable the entire plug in. How to use external buttons to trigger animations? or how to make the plugin play the random separate numbered animations inside the plugin that you have set up?

Hi again,

would it be possible to expose some more functionality to i.e. Triggers or Bricks?
Like Transition Duration or Min/Max wait time?

This could make states more lifelike, if you know what I mean ;)
I would also like to see the ability to use float param randomizer on some of the options as well.

@futafan2019 and @Saint66 If you just want to randomly vary the duration of the permanence at a given state, this is already completely possible inside the plugin, since the time of permanence at state has two sliders: minimum and maximum, and that means that the actual time at the state is going to be a random number between the minimum and maximum value.

@futafan2019 For switching between animations, you should look for a virt-a-mate trigger tutorial. You can use any kind of trigger to switch between the animations. When setting up the trigger, choose the person atom, then the "AnimationPoser" plugin instance, then "SwitchAnimation", and write the animation name as the value of the trigger message!

Harem, thank you for answering my question. That was driving me crazy trying to figure it out!

I rescind my previous claim that the "wait duration" option was the solution. I just cant get the head, which is the first piece I'm focusing on, to snap or quickly move, not ease in/out, to one position, wait about 30 to 60 seconds, then snap/quickly move, not ease in/out, to another position. @haremlife - How the heck would I do this?

Last edited:
@cmramlow You gotta leave wait duration min at 30 seconds and wait duration max at 60 seconds, and reduce the transition duration to almost 0 in both states.

Harem, can you make an example scene of a male pelvic thrusting with several grouped animation states randomly doing different timings and speeds please? Examples help SOOO much. I got some good toe movement morphs saved and working great from scene to scene. This plug in truly is a game changer!!!

perfect except few bugs and other things, most important:
  • "relative" ANCHORMODE bug: it works ingame but it won't load after saving. Worse, all the following nodes or animations will be ignored (first it seems all is lost, but you can still edit the save game and change relative by single and everything is back
  • the too big DELETE ANIMATION button... is so easy to click by mistake, and all is gone without confirm question. Maybe make a smaller button or a confirm message.
  • ANCHOR again, all anchors from one actor to another (like hand to the other person head) are completly misplaced after reloading. Maybe a problem to replace reference with two animations (only tested with two up to now, but the idea is not to be limited to one)

haremlife updated AnimationPoser with a new update entry:

AnimationPoser updated to include changes MacGruber has done to IdlePoser between versions 7 and 9

@cdgczta8 Has made an amazing contribution updating AnimationPoser to include the latest changes from IdlePoser, between versions 7 and 9!

As I'm stressing as much as I can, I want to see the community reunited in order to make AnimationPoser capable of everything that could be imagined in terms of humanoid animation.

I myself am limited as a plugin developer. I don't have a Patreon page and professionaly have other projects that would not make it feasible for me to take...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ein kleines Video wäre echt toll. nicht jeder ist mit all diesen dingen so vertraut

Would be great if we could get a demo scene. I have played around with it but am not sure I quite understand all the fuss.

Tell me pls, does "wait duration" work properly? For some reason the transition speed between states does not change

@Ishimuro Did you change the actual transition speed in the transitions tab? Also be aware that you usually need to change the transition speed on both states.

@Ishimuro I think the plugin could improve a lot in terms of semantics. For example, transition duration should refer to each transition, not each state. Most things came this way from IdlePoser. There is still a way to go in order to completely repurpose it for animation. Now things work. Just not in the best possible way.

Create a folder Saves/PluginData/IdlePoser. Move Examples.idlepose into that folder. Now click the "load" button in the plugin, and there you go.

This is a VERY simple kissing animation, that took like 5 minutes to set up. You can continuously build on top of it.

Hej ,

i did that .

I loaded my model and if i click "load" and direct through the folder there is nothing to load although the sample file is excracted and there.

Is there more to do to even check the Sample File content like adding special type of animation or anything else?

MacGruber.IdlePoser.9.var is also in the Addons Packages Folder

2437982734987298347.png

2021-11-20 14_39_21-VaM.png

Last edited:
This is so confusing and i wished i could say anything else.

And honestly reading what it "should be" and experiencing the plugin now are two worlds atm.

Is that Plugin to be meant for VAM Creator Professionals only, who are masters in IdlePoser or Timeline, which i am not at all?
Never used that, except Timeline and i am really beginner level although i can animate undressings etc already.

If its only meant for masters of both please tell that so i can stop this discussion of course.

If i need to be a professional animation Editor to even get anything working here its nothing i should use atm and being so confused that nothing is logic at all.

@cmramlow Add an animation. Then add a layer. Name the layer “head”. Go in controllers tab. Add the head controller. Go into states tab. Add a state. Position the head however you like. Click capture state. Now click add state.

Which add state do you mean ?

There are two a huge buttons and a tiny one ?

Position the head again, and click capture state again. Repeat this until you are satisfied with all the head positions. Then go into transitions tab. Add some transitions between the states.

I did all that like 5 head positions , capture and add state again.

Now

What is a transition and what do you mean with Add some transitions between the states - for what is that ?

Ok. Now add another layer. Name it “face”. Go to controllers tab. Add some facial morphs you would like to animate. Go to state tab. Go in the person atom morphs tab (outside of the plugin) and adjust the facial morphs to create a facial expression. Now go to the plugin and click capture state. Do that some more times to have a set of facial expressions. Now add transitions between them. Now go into play tab and watch the animation. Adjust the transition times and other parameters to your liking. That’s it.

Thats it ?

If i do that, except the transitions since i have no clue currently what this is for and click "play" nothing happens ;)
I would have expected here that if i add states and capture them the head positions between them will be animated.
Like a head movement here from State1 to State 5.

- But even if how do you set a time how long one step lasts ?

Does that help?

No ;)

How do i realtime see and re-edit States and other things like controllers ?

If i switch between the 5 states i set, in setting five different head positions and clicked capture state
nothing happens either in the State selector circling between state#1 to state#5.

2021-11-20 15_23_42-VaM.png

2021-11-20 15_22_37-VaM.png

Always same head position.

- Where can i see my animation timeline and edit things then ?

You wrote its easy to do a kissing scene.
Currently i see nothing like this being easy at all.

A Kissing Scene

For a kissing scene what has to be prepared before you use the Plugin ?
Setting up a new scene with two persons and both have to be positioned into a kissing position head to head, is that right ?

- Then how do i configure which person is doing what exact kissing animation?

- And if it would be working i could save that then and reload it to another scene ?
I mean for a animation workflow using such "presets" that would be huge of course.
Like a library of morphs and poses to select from add and see its result so quick.

You perhaps really should do a video workflow guide with examples for how to do kissing , how to do sex poses and so on.
At least the basics.

You are the programmer and i sure appreciate you are offering this to everyone.
For yourself everything is sure logic but all i see are buttons and i cannot grab anything here currently.

Isn't the plugin currently missing a entire set of prepared "animations" to grab its workflow sense for end users?

And mostly this plugin is missing the entire workflow guide and workflow examples in pictures or video one can use it.

Attachments

• 2021-11-20 15_22_37-VaM.png
    2021-11-20 15_22_37-VaM.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is so confusing and i wished i could say anything else.
Is that Plugin to be meant for VAM Creater Professionals only who are masters in IdlePoser or Timeline, which i am not at all?
Never used that except Timeline ( really Beginner State )

I believe that the end goal is that AnimationPoser should be both high level and low level, meaning that it should become almost plug and play one day with people sharing their animations to re-use.

In its current stage, there is almost no animation or layers shared, so you need to learn it to use it.

But, the basic concept is: states are like poses. You create 2 states from 2 different poses. Then you can generate a transition, which is in fact a small animation or a sub-animation of a greater animation. With 2 poses you can have 2 sub-animations, pose A to pose B then B to A.

The power is in that with a third pose, you can then have 6 sub-animations. with 4 poses, 12. It can really scale to provide a lot of random variations. A single animation (group of layers, each layer is a group of states/poses with their sub-animations) can play for minutes and look like a full timeline, only its all random.

All the other options are there to provide additional logic or control randomness, speed, to make the animation look good.

Currently, I see a problem with the keywords used that come from State Machines. Only coders can have such a reference and it must hinder many people to simply understand what it what.

State: it's just a pose, but you can choose for which part of the body, by selecting controllers.

Controllers: Nodes on the body that you use for posing a person.

Transition: its's just the movement/animation between 2 states/poses. It has to be created in the transition tab because sometimes you don't want to go from pose A to pose C, only from A to B.

Layers: a group of states/transitions using the same controllers. You could have 2, 3, or more layers running at the same time: one for the upper body and one for the lower, or maybe also one for facial expressions, then one more just for the head.

Animation: a container for all the layers, to get the end result.

Workflow: create layers and save each layer for re-use. Once you have many layers, then you can create animations just by importing a few layers. At some point you will be able to just go:

animation1 = [blowjob, on_knees_pose, happy]
animation2 = [knees_to_doggy, inviting_expression]
animation3 = [fuck, doggy_pose, orgasm_face, orgams_toes]
etc.
etc.

Then, everybody share their layers, then continue to create more and more layers and variations/improvements of the same layers, then someone just jump in and makes a 20 minutes fully animated scene in 1/100 the time thanks to the community.

That's basically the end goal.

I tried using the V2 of the plugin and a bunch of unexpected issues happened. I’d advise anyone facing issues to use the V1. V2 was a good effort on the part of a community member in terms of bringing the code closer to v9 of idleposer (in case maybe macgruber wants to merge it into the main branch), but for most use cases this is not that important. At this point I think a refactoring of the original idle poser core code is in order, and I had an idea about how to easily fit transitioning into other animations into the UI (just add an animation slider in the transitions tab!). This is exciting but I’ll need some time. People facing trouble with V2, try V1 and see if it helps.

That's it. I re-read the code and decided to revamp the IdlePoser core. It has too much legacy code. For example, transitions are arrays of states instead of being their own class. A lot could improve. This will hopefully get rid of the bugs. I ask you guys for a little patience. I'm on to it.

Back
Top Bottom