XPS / XNALara Model Loader

Plugins XPS / XNALara Model Loader

All things considered, I'm a little surprised no one has tried expanding on this idea to include other formats.. I mean, how awesome would it be to take a .blend and use it as a prop in a scene without having to convert it into a CUA?

its definitely possible. I dont have time to sadly. Blender isn't really the right place to start though its way too big and slow to load in typically. FBX might be ok at runtime.

A big problem is most of the file formats rely on some kind of c or c++ dll under the covers which becomes a huge block in VAM. I have all the code somewhere to load in say an SFM model but the textures require a c lib that i just dont have the time to rewrite into c#. All the bare bones of how you would create a mesh and rig and wrap the two together is in the XPS loader.

its definitely possible. I dont have time to sadly. Blender isn't really the right place to start though its way too big and slow to load in typically. FBX might be ok at runtime.

A big problem is most of the file formats rely on some kind of c or c++ dll under the covers which becomes a huge block in VAM. I have all the code somewhere to load in say an SFM model but the textures require a c lib that i just dont have the time to rewrite into c#. All the bare bones of how you would create a mesh and rig and wrap the two together is in the XPS loader.
For what it's worth, I was just using .blend as an off-hand example, because Blender is pretty popular.

That said, is there any way you could add a function to invert meshes? Or a checkbox fix for issues with certain XPS files, where you'll see through surfaces facing the camera, and see the backside of the object instead?

For what it's worth, I was just using .blend as an off-hand example, because Blender is pretty popular.

That said, is there any way you could add a function to invert meshes? Or a checkbox fix for issues with certain XPS files, where you'll see through surfaces facing the camera, and see the backside of the object instead?

inverting meshes is about a 3 line code change so probably.. but let me take a peek this weekend if i can get some time.

So, HOW do I use this? How do I load this plugin and where to add XPS to my scene? I don't quite understand it.

Back
Top Bottom