Appearance Loader

Plugins Appearance Loader

I think that you can specify the Preset with "Set Appearance Filename" in the trigger in the animation and load the Preset with "Load Appearance from VapPreset", but is this insufficient?

thanks, I'm actually talking about two scenarios -

Scenario 1 -
- you have a bunch of appearance presets
- you simply want to create a cache file of all the textures from the above
- being able to select a folder and say load ALL presets, it would load as many as it could (and create cache) until it crashes

Scenario 2 -
- You have a long looped animation scene (existing content in an addon package, not something you are trying to edit)
- With the same feature described above you could watch say a long strip club looped dance animation where the model changes on a fixed interval

thanks, I'm actually talking about two scenarios -

Scenario 1 -
- you have a bunch of appearance presets
- you simply want to create a cache file of all the textures from the above
- being able to select a folder and say load ALL presets, it would load as many as it could (and create cache) until it crashes

Scenario 2 -
- You have a long looped animation scene (existing content in an addon package, not something you are trying to edit)
- With the same feature described above you could watch say a long strip club looped dance animation where the model changes on a fixed interval
Thank you for your explanation.
I understand your request, but it seems that it would be necessary to change the UI significantly to realize it. Unfortunately I think it's difficult to implement. very sorry.

ky1001 updated Appearance Loader with a new update entry:

Update

Updates (ver.11):
1) Fixed not properly handling "setUnlistedParamsToDefault" which is a setting item of vap Pose Preset. It was initializing all items for 'Change' even if 'setUnlistedParamsToDefault' was 'false'.
2) Expanded the function of "Keep the previous folder" to include var files as folders.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug fix

Sorry for the short update.

Updates (ver.12):
1) I noticed that loading textures fails if the var containing the textures used for Person is not directly under "AddonPackages" or in some subdirectories. Expanded search scope to "AddonPackages" and all subdirectories. Please note that the processing may take longer depending on the environment due to the expansion of the search target.
2) The Preset file name or Person name is now displayed in the window that displays the loaded Hair and...

Update

Updated content (ver.13)
1) When loading an Appearance Preset from a var, if a Plugin in the same var was specified, an error could occur when loading the Plugin. This has been fixed.
2) Fixed an issue where CUA sometimes became unstable when loading an Appearance to which CUA was linked.
3) Reduced Appearance loading time in some environments.

Update

Updated (ver.13)
1) When loading an Appearance Preset from a var, if a Plugin in the same var was specified, an error could occur when loading the Plugin. This has been fixed.
2) Fixed an issue where CUA sometimes became unstable when loading an Appearance to which CUA was linked.
3) Reduced Appearance loading time in some environments.

i do have a few questions regarding this plugin:
* is there a current demonstration scene i can take apart/look at to see how everything works?
* can i use this to "preload" skins, clothing etc. ?

I am working on a scene where i have multiple skins, clothes and poses which i want to switch via the timeline plugin. So far i just load the presets at certain points in the timeline which causes a loading message and delays smooth play - is it possible to prevent this with the plugin?

As a workaround i just added 5 "person" atoms which i dis-/enable at those points which kinda works but has some issues as certain morphs and clothes dont get loaded correctly this way. I am wondering if there is a more elegant way to do this with the help of this quite genius plugin.

Thanks!

i do have a few questions regarding this plugin:
* is there a current demonstration scene i can take apart/look at to see how everything works?
* can i use this to "preload" skins, clothing etc. ?

I am working on a scene where i have multiple skins, clothes and poses which i want to switch via the timeline plugin. So far i just load the presets at certain points in the timeline which causes a loading message and delays smooth play - is it possible to prevent this with the plugin?

As a workaround i just added 5 "person" atoms which i dis-/enable at those points which kinda works but has some issues as certain morphs and clothes dont get loaded correctly this way. I am wondering if there is a more elegant way to do this with the help of this quite genius plugin.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I haven't created a demo scene.
Appearance Preset (vap) can be loaded by specifying the file name with the UIButton. You can also select the target to load such as skin or clothing with UIButton. There is a bug when loading Look (json), and you need to specify the full path including the drive name, but it can be loaded using the UIButton. This restriction does not apply when loading from a var file.
I don't really understand what "preload" means, but when loading for the first time, a message indicating that it is loading is displayed. If the cache is set, the message will not be displayed on subsequent loads. I don't think the message will appear in the actual scene if you load it for the first time in a place where the user can't see it.
However, loading with this plug-in takes more time than loading with VAM's standard functions, so this must be taken into account.

Get ideas from Pose L-R MIrror
Can InvisibleLight achieve left-right symmetry?Maybe some CUAs or atom?

I'm having trouble having activating the appearance loader plugin with a trigger. Nothing happens when i try to use it as a button trigger set to "load appearance from scene"

I'm having trouble having activating the appearance loader plugin with a trigger. Nothing happens when i try to use it as a button trigger set to "load appearance from scene"
In order to load an Appearance Preset using an external trigger, you must specify the file name to be loaded in advance with "Set Appearance Filename".
If the scene is in a var, please also specify the var name.
Example: Sky00VaM.Sunny.1:/Saves/scene/Sunny.json

If multiple Persons exist in the scene, "Select Person" must be set manually.

Any way to have the scene selection "Keep Open" checkbox work (so that the scene selection window is kept open after selecting a scene)? Currently when that box is checked the scene selection window still disappears.

Any way to have the scene selection "Keep Open" checkbox work (so that the scene selection window is kept open after selecting a scene)? Currently when that box is checked the scene selection window still disappears.
I have disabled the "Keep Open" option on the file selection screen.
I experimentally created a version with "Keep Open" enabled, but there was a problem. If there are multiple Persons in the Scene, it is not possible to select the Person, so Appearance cannot be loaded. If there is only one Person in the Scene, Appearance will be loaded, but for some reason the selection screen will close when loading is complete.
I will not enable "Keep Open" because it seems like it will take some time to take countermeasures.
I also experimented with Appearance of vap/json. Enabling "Keep Open" worked fine here. Officially, I will not enable "Keep Open", but if you personally need it, I will paste the file.

Back
Top Bottom