SubScene Loader

Plugins SubScene Loader

ky1001

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ky1001 submitted a new resource:

SubScene Loader - A plug-in that loads SubScenes in the specified folder in order or randomly.

A Plugin that loads SubScenes in the specified folder in order or randomly.
I think that the man-hours for adding and deleting subscenes will be improved.

How to use:
1) Load the plugin in Scene Plugins or any Atom. In the demo, it is loaded on the "Next Scene" button.
2) Select the folder containing the subscene you want to load with the "Set Path for SubScene" button.
3) Press the "Load SubScene" button to load the subscene into the target SubSceneAtom. Press again to load the next...

Read more about this resource...

ky1001 updated SubScene Loader with a new update entry:

Update

Updates:
Added a function to select the SubScene directory built into the scene var, and even if the SubScene directory is built into the scene var, it is no longer necessary to rewrite the scene json file or make the SubScene directory a separate file.

How to use:
1) Select your local SubScene directory in SubSceneLoader.
2) Check "Enable Path in Scene var" and save the scene.
3) Add the SubScene directory when creating the scene var file.
4) If you load the scene in var, SubSceneLoader...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update

Updates:
1) SubScenes are pre-listed and loaded in that order. Setting the SubScene Atom selection to "None" reverts the order back to number 1, so switching the SubScene Atom selection would load the same SubScene repeatedly. Changed so that the order is preserved even if the selection of SubScene Atom is changed to "None".
2) With "Enable Random Load" off, the SubScenes were loaded from the directory in the order they were read, but in some cases not alphabetically, so a sorting was added.

Great plugin! But i have a feature request!

Add the ability to step backwards through the subscene list, not just forwards or random. That way we could have a "back" button as well as a "next" button to step through a series of scenes.

Add the ability to step backwards through the subscene list, not just forwards or random. That way we could have a "back" button as well as a "next" button to step through a series of scenes.
I think it's possible to implement it because it's not that difficult. I don't think you need a loop that backs up to 3 after 3, 2, 1, what do you think? Also, I don't intend to update the random list with the backward button.

I made a sample with "Backward" function. Does this do what you want?

Attachments

• SubSceneLoader.cs
    47.3 KB · Views: 0

Update

Update:
There was an opinion that it would be convenient to be able to load subscenes in reverse order like 3-2-1, so we added a function to load them in reverse order. It does not loop by default, so if you want it to loop, check "Enable Backward Loop".
"Auto Load" is not supported.

This is great - would love to see a box for it to trigger the next subscene at the end of a timeline animation. Great work!

This is great - would love to see a box for it to trigger the next subscene at the end of a timeline animation. Great work!
Thank you for your compliment.
Even in the current version, it is possible to access the "Load SubScene" function of SubSceneLoader from the Timeline plug-in, but is this different?

So, I have a bunch of subscenes that are already built with animations - rather than have to go into each subscene and modify the timeline plugin it would be super cool if I could just tell subscene loader to load next subscene at completion of animation in the current subscene

So, I have a bunch of subscenes that are already built with animations - rather than have to go into each subscene and modify the timeline plugin it would be super cool if I could just tell subscene loader to load next subscene at completion of animation in the current subscene
I was able to understand the request from the explanation. However, I don't know how to monitor the end of the animation, and even if I did, it would be difficult to monitor different animations for each subscene. Unfortunately, it's beyond my ability to do so.

this plugin 's load speed is slow than native subscene load speed
i don;t know reason the presetloader has same problem

if i save as random mode i will lost the save in next time open the scene

but if i save as sequence mode i will not lost the save

this looks like a bug
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We have confirmed that the setting of the SubScene folder disappears when you save the scene with "Enable Random Load" checked and reopen it.
If the "lost the save" you wrote is the same as the above, I have taken measures. I am attaching the file, so could you please check it?
Regarding load time, I tried removing the waiting time between SubScene loads. There seems to be no particular problem, but please let me know if there are any problems.

Attachments

• SubSceneLoader.cs
    49 KB · Views: 0
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We have confirmed that the setting of the SubScene folder disappears when you save the scene with "Enable Random Load" checked and reopen it.
If the "lost the save" you wrote is the same as the above, I have taken measures. I am attaching the file, so could you please check it?
Regarding load time, I tried removing the waiting time between SubScene loads. There seems to be no particular problem, but please let me know if there are any problems.
very thank you reply your plugin is very useful for me especially random load from folder it's nice to random load light、map、people...(y)

i try this cs , it have solved the problem very nice very quick !

look forward more useful plugin random is nice! ;)

very thank you reply your plugin is very useful for me especially random load from folder it's nice to random load light、map、people...(y)

i try this cs , it have solved the problem very nice very quick !

look forward more useful plugin random is nice! ;)
Thank you for confirming. Update to HUB with this version.

I just want to say that there is something better
Not so that you abandon the plugin, but so that you know where to go.

you dont know random is so important
sub and preset loader also can use in button

UIAssist and SubSeceneLoader have different functions and purposes, so I don't think they should be compared. You are free to use whatever plugins you like, and you are free to not use mine.
Also, I don't have the skills and experience of JayJayWon, so I can't make an excellent plugin like UIAssist.

Hey ky :)

I've been eyeing this plugin and wondered how to use it. Can you or someone please inform me with an example of how the heck to use this? I never load subscene though I've used vam for years, but want to know how I can incorporate subscene loading into my playflow. Thank you

Hey ky :)

I've been eyeing this plugin and wondered how to use it. Can you or someone please inform me with an example of how the heck to use this? I never load subscene though I've used vam for years, but want to know how I can incorporate subscene loading into my playflow. Thank you
A simple example of use would be to experiment with and choose Light Rigs. Easier than opening the standard dialog and loading Light Rigs into the SubScene Atom one by one.
Another way to use it is to create a scene content with a story that consists of multiple scenes. If you create each scene as a subscene and load it with SubSceneLoader, you can add scenes and change the order. No modification of the main scene itself is required if the need arises. Just rename the SubScenes in the order you want them to load and you're done. For example, if you create two subscenes "010start" and "100end" and then add two subscenes "020main" and "110end2" to the directory, you can create "010start", "020main", " 100end” and “110end2” can be loaded in order.

i use subscene-loader and presetloader in VR, but i find sometime radom is not work, load is In order .
i don't know the reason, but it is often appear,i save the scene Random is checked. but load the scene, Trigger Load in subscene-loader and presetloader ,load is In order :)
love your plug!

Back
Top Bottom