Question Which VR headset is best for VAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Reverb G2 might change the game and be the headset to get as it will be able to work natively with SteamVR instead of requiring WMR and WMR Steam app to be running. This is the primary issue with WMR not being that great in VaM right now because they didn't map the controllers over correctly for binding locations. And the new G2 controllers look like they might actually be decent build quality and finally have normal buttons and analog grip buttons!

1593185676422.png

Upvote 0
I think the Reverb G2 might change the game and be the headset to get as it will be able to work natively with SteamVR instead of requiring WMR and WMR Steam app to be running. This is the primary issue with WMR not being that great in VaM right now because they didn't map the controllers over correctly for binding locations. And the new G2 controllers look like they might actually be decent build quality and finally have normal buttons and analog grip buttons!

View attachment 3379

I was thinking about the G2... does look good alright... but was afraid to leave Oculus ecosystem.

So ordered a Rift S to upgrade my CV1. I know it is very late to the party - I could have bought the Rift S for same price nearly 2 years ago and had 2 years use out of it by now ☹

One thing I heard was bad about the G2 controllers was how bad they are with batteries, and apparently terrible tracking if there is any sort of light polution from normal day light into the room.

Upvote 0
I've owned/used quite a few HMDs. Not all have been tested with VaM
Vive, Vive pro, Pimax 8k, Pimax5k, Oculus Rift (original), Odyssey +, HP reverb, Varjo vr-1. Of all of them I've settled on the Reverb. It's simply in a class of it's own regarding resolution. Yes it's WMR, yes, the controllers are crappy, but the level of immersion you get is only bettered by the enterprise grade Varjo HMDs (which boast human retina level resolution). I suspect the new Reverb will be another step change. Before I get flamed for having more money than sense, VR is a big part of my work :)

both the Rift S and Index are better than every single headset you’ve ever tried.

resolution doesn’t matter as much as lenses and sub pixel technology

Upvote 0
To the HP Reverb G2: I am as keen on having a higher screen resolution as anybody else, and I was a bit disappointed as the Index came out. Now I see, that it was the right decision of Valve. Atm most PCs up to a RTX 2080 can't even max-out the resolution the Index has to it's full extend in most applications where good graphics really matters. VR is a real bad resource killer. Maybe a future RTX 3070 will make the power of a 2080 a bit more affordable, but even then a Index's or RiftS's resolution would be still "high-specs" for years. The original HP Reverb was IMHO a big disappointment in all means but the resolution, and on paper it might look very good... but there are many small things that, taken together, will make a good HMD. For me, a real good tracking is as important as the resolution, and there are other things like HMD comfort, panel quality, lenses, refresh-rate, build quality, sound, controllers, etc. Lets wait for the product tests.

Upvote 0
both the Rift S and Index are better than every single headset you’ve ever tried.

resolution doesn’t matter as much as lenses and sub pixel technology
Could be...not tried either of them. I suggest before you make such a bold statement you try out the Varjo HMD.

Upvote 0
Could be...not tried either of them. I suggest before you make such a bold statement you try out the Varjo HMD.

As the Varjo HMD is for professional use and costs the peanut-price of 5000-6000€, I would dare to subscribe to NutellaBrah's statement, but with the addition of "... better then every more or less affordable consumer HMD, that can be used by more or less normal people with more or less normal PC builds".

Upvote 0
I agree that the Reverb G2 will be the HMD of choice. As I don;t have access to an Index here may be the best option.

Could you get some lighthouses and knuckles controllers?

And if so, maybe in VAM could you use the Reverb controllers as trackers?

Upvote 0
OK, I have seen a first real life review of the HP Reverb G2. As a summary: Best picture in a HMD ever. HP really seems to have eleminate all the issues from the old Reverb. The lenses and the head phones are good and the tracking is better, because of the two additional cameras. BUT: he thinks the overall quality of the Index is still better and he likes the Lighthouse tracking way more. For people with a power PC who play simulators and don't have to move a lot, he recommends the Reverb G2.

Upvote 0
Will be interesting to see how the Reverb runs the AAA type VR games with mid level GPU's. I know with my index I have to choose between game graphics settings, upscale % and refresh even with a 2080ti on the really graphicly intense games (normally I pick 90hz or 120hz depending on results, highest graphics and 100% no upscale so it runs smooth without frame dips but some games its a struggle to maintain 90hz and I end up turning graphics down a bit). With a higher rez screen I'd think you'd have even more of those issues, of course the 3080 cards are coming out soon so..... VAM seems to hang up bad on CPU and not use a ton of GPU % though.

Upvote 0
Good point, Dre. We, the VR people, needs the most powerful PCs. Even powergamers on 4k flatscreens are happy with 60 FPS. We need stable 80Hz to 90Hz, optional 120/140Hz (Index), or we will have bad VR experience / get simulation sick. It sounds so much promising to have higher resolution screens. But like you said, we could not even max out the screens of the last generation VR HMDs. And we also forget about all the people with the mid-range GPUs who are, regarding to Steam, the majority. I am desperately waiting for the RTX 3080 to replace my old 980 ti and I plan to replace my old 4790k system with a i7 1070K. I hope with this I will at last have the power to run my Index as it was meant to be... not even dreaming of later high FOV high resolution HMDs.

Saying this... only for VaM (2.x), the Reverb G2 could indeed maybe a really good option.... but only, if you think twice of the future things you want to do, and if you have the necessary PC power. I don't think I would recommend this little monster to every newcomer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess man. So your eyes are really that far apart that the Rift S doesn't even look good at all?

What exactly does it look like when you tried to put it on? Im curious.

Saw this and laughed. I have to put my index at the max IPD,. I'm a big person though (head, hands, height, bones, body and apparently eye spacing LOL), its unfocused otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I use the Samsung Odyssey+

WMR is NOT in alpha state. That's ridiculous. It works flawlessly.

My Rift CV1 is collecting dust in the closet because the Odyssey+ blows it out of the water.

It looks like the Reverb G2 is going to be perfect for VAM if you can also afford a top tier GPU.

Upvote 0
I use the Samsung Odyssey+

WMR is NOT in alpha state. That's ridiculous. It works flawlessly.

My Rift CV1 is collecting dust in the closet because the Odyssey+ blows it out of the water.

It looks like the Reverb G2 is going to be perfect for VAM if you can also afford a top tier GPU.

I disagree

Like i said i had the CV1, and then Odyssey+ and then Rift S and tried Index multiple times.

The fact you say Odyssey is good is laughable, Its a blurry smeary mess of a screen with horrible ghosting and screen door. If you think that looks good your jaw would drop with a Rift S or Index. Then again you have no idea what youre talking about since you dont own a Rift S. Odyssey+ made me feel like my eyes needed Lasik surgery lol.

G2 is the same inside out tracking as before, which mean its gonna be garbage in low light, its gonna be unstable, gonna need to be recalibrated daily, and its gonna have bugs and crash with the buggy Steam VR system.

Rift S is the only quality inside out tracking system in existance, and even that wasnt great until like 3 months into its release.

It honestly doesnt matter what the G2 screen looks like, its unnecesarily high res (which makes no difference after a certain resolution since its about the virtual resolution not the screen resolution) so its inneficient for making the system work harder for a higher base res but not getting a noticably better picture than the 3 sub pixel displays of a more reasonable resolution with great lenses. So its bloat without value.

Then you ahve the brand new G2 controllers which are not supported by anything legacy (back to the same old problem as any other WMR headset) and its pointless. Second rate controller and inside out tracking. I dont really care what resolution it is, unless its as good or better as the inside out tracking as Rift S its not good enough. I highly highly highly doubt its been improved unless they have secretly hired Jonh Carmack and crew there is no way the tracking will be anywhere near the realm of Rift S quality.

I still have nightmares about having to redo room setup from when it would go from daylight to dusk. Or when it would mess up because i was near a wall and kick me out of my car in a sim race. And i would be spiking in and out of the rooftop lol.

this was in a normally sized room with 3 light sources.

Those of you who have success just are never changing your play space or changing light and are staying within the 100s of limitations of WMR tracking tech. If you at all have a non ideal situation like want to use it late at night casually in a bed or in a different spot you will start to see the problems. Youre also using only apps that have support for those 3rd fiddle controllers so youre always having to worry about not being able to enjoy titles which are not supported... as in like VAM even.

What about accesories? Want to buy a face cover on Amazon? they arent there, its an off brand item. Unlike Rift.

Want to buy a gun stock? probbably not gonna have G2 controller support for years if ever. Rift is of course supported on release.

Just so many downsides to going off brand

but but bUt thE ReSoLuTion....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I honestly dont get the hype for the G2, not just here but elsewhere.

Is this the most hype for a sequel product ever that came after the first version of it was recalled and discontinued due to cripling design issues?

So the first one crash lands and burns and then people are thinking the 2nd one will be the best headset ever? lol

Upvote 0
I've been content with my Odyssey. Better image quality than most headsets out there. My upgrade will be to the Reverb G2 - best resolution in a mass market headset.

Upvote 0
IPD is actually a myth. Theres no way for them to be able to reverse engineer that to everyones eyes. Everyones eyes are different and depending on the angle and distance, eye positioning are constantly different.

A lot of people think IPD is some exact science. Its not, at most its a ballpark figure and everyone has difference points of focus.

My guess is you put it on and didnt give it time to adjust or try angling different on the head.

Also most of the time the IPD setting is ideally a bit lower than the measured IPD so the max of 65.5 is well within the range of 68.

[...]

You do you I guess, but i wouldnt fearmonger people about IPD settings because the physically adjustable ones are not any better.
agree 100%. My old cv1 still working eventually, but it's resting in peace in a cupboard. About the ipd I have nothing to add to what you wrote. I was always asking myself why so a lot of "experts" they pretend to know everything about this question, considering there are so a lot of problematic they tragically ignore about eyes physics.

Upvote 0
I've been content with my Odyssey. Better image quality than most headsets out there. My upgrade will be to the Reverb G2 - best resolution in a mass market headset.

cool so you only like headsets that have unstable and buggy WMR drivers, crappy tracking, and un-ergonomic bulky controllers that eat batteries and zero low light capacity.

Your lack of taste in quality consumer products is noted.

You can never play any shooting games because you cant bring controllers near your face and you cant play games with guns or sights because you cant bring a WMR near your face (something Rift S fixed 2 years ago)

Good luck with the WMR layer and the Steam VR layer interaction not having bugs lol lol lol

Dont think that just because it wont need the Revive hack anymore that the WMR wont still be there limiting your options and setting choices and constantly messing up and doing stupid stuff.

Upvote 0
As you may know, I am a big fan of the extremely accurate Lighthouse tracking, and therefore I like my Valve Index very much. You can read my oppinion on the Reverb G2 above. In short: Resolution is not everything. There are more things than this to make an overall good VR device. My ranking of actual hmd was - 1. Index - 2. Rift S and Quest - 3. Everything else.

This MRTV Video made me think twice about point 2 and 3:

If a VR newcomer woluld ask me now, I would say "Reverb G2 if you have a RTX 2070S or higher and if you are no friend of Facebook.... Index if you have the money, want to have the best tracking and enough time to wait for it".

So, the discussion was getting somewhat emotional recently, you may want to watch this MRTV video of the Reverb tracking quality, too:

There are still some points I don't like on the Reverb G2:
- First of all, the Inside-out tracking. Can't downgrade to this, if you are used to Lighthouse tracking.
- You need a well lighted room for this to work. Changes can breake your tracking.
- Battery(!)-eating controllers without even rudimentary fingertracking and with mediocre quality.
- A smallish FOV and 90Hz refresh-rate like on my old OG Vive.
- As good as the drivers may be now, it is still not native SteamVR (?).
- I can't even use the full potential of my Valve Index. This high resolution will need the best GPUs you can get.
- The Valve Index overall quality is great, the rumored profite margin is small. I really doubt that HP has similar quality for less.

Saying this, If I hadn't a Valve Index already and had to wait for month to get it, I would be sorely tempted to buy a Reverb G2. If HP would ever bring out a pure SteamVR version with Lighthouse tracking, I would buy this with not thinking twice, to compare it with my Index (which would be in serious danger on the market). Nevertheless, this hmd will shake (and wake up?) up the VR market.

Upvote 0
As you may know, I am a big fan of the extremely accurate Lighthouse tracking, and therefore I like my Valve Index very much. You can read my oppinion on the Reverb G2 above. In short: Resolution is not everything. There are more things than this to make an overall good VR device. My ranking of actual hmd was - 1. Index - 2. Rift S and Quest - 3. Everything else.

This MRTV Video made me think twice about point 2 and 3:

If a VR newcomer woluld ask me now, I would say "Reverb G2 if you have a RTX 2070S or higher and if you are no friend of Facebook.... Index if you have the money, want to have the best tracking and enough time to wait for it".

So, the discussion was getting somewhat emotional recently, you may want to watch this MRTV video of the Reverb tracking quality, too:

There are still some points I don't like on the Reverb G2:
- First of all, the Inside-out tracking. Can't downgrade to this, if you are used to Lighthouse tracking.
- You need a well lighted room for this to work. Changes can breake your tracking.
- Battery(!)-eating controllers without even rudimentary fingertracking and with mediocre quality.
- A smallish FOV and 90Hz refresh-rate like on my old OG Vive.
- As good as the drivers may be now, it is still not native SteamVR (?).
- I can't even use the full potential of my Valve Index. This high resolution will need the best GPUs you can get.
- The Valve Index overall quality is great, the rumored profite margin is small. I really doubt that HP has similar quality for less.

Saying this, If I hadn't a Valve Index already and had to wait for month to get it, I would be sorely tempted to buy a Reverb G2. If HP would ever bring out a pure SteamVR version with Lighthouse tracking, I would buy this with not thinking twice, to compare it with my Index (which would be in serious danger on the market). Nevertheless, this hmd will shake (and wake up?) up the VR market.

Your original idea was perfect, why let that WMR shill influence you. Nice guy, but biased salesman (his target audience is the "alternative" VR crowd, the guys trying to justify saving 150$ to live with all those hassles)

Funny you should bring up those elements about lighting and resetting. i actually raised hell on his discord saying all the problems with it and making him feel like he lied about the Odyssey+ and got me to buy then i had to return it because he failed to talk about all the problems associated with it. In fact he would make these subtle propaganda videos of him "demonstrating" the tracking in overly ideal situations but not really being intellectually honest about the full experience. I used to debate dozens of people on his channel who were very similar to some of the more cult-like WMR people on here coping. Thats where i found all those guys and their echo chamber of cope.

He knows damn well what his target audience is and his whole schtick is making WMR seem like its not that bad to live with and thats his main angle.

Reverb G2 like you said is a giant downgrade in many ways. Your orignial list was on point. Dont let his propaganda salesmanship fool you. I know his German accent is convincing and his overall casualness about acting like everything with WMR is totally fine and is just a matter of one or the other.

Until we have that same resolution in a future index or Rift, might as well act like it doesnt exist.

Like you said and i said and we keep saying, resolution isnt everything. If its like the original Reverb the sweet spot is tiny too despite the clarity.

Upvote 0
It is ridiculous, but I have Oculus DK1, DK2, Rift, Rift S, Samsung Odyssey Original (WMR), Vive, Vive Pro, and Index. My opinion is all of them have positives and negatives.

@NutellaBrah While WMR controllers do generally suck (they don't even work correctly in VaM for possession due to the way they spatially mapped them in SteamVR!), the overall experience isn't that bad. Some of the WMR headsets have better resolution and clarity than Rift S or Index. I'm still pretty impressed how VaM looks in the Odyssey. So that seems a bit harsh. If I only had the WMR headset, I would actually be reasonably happy with it other than some controller frustration. But if I were buying new, I would agree to not get any current WMR set, but the new upcoming HP Reverb G2 looks like it might be decent and it has controllers that might actually work: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-g2-vr-headset.html

My go-to headset is Index, followed by Rift S. I have to say Rift S is the best bang/buck right now. But I absolutely hate the audio on it. It is worse than all the other headsets that have built-in audio. I find that strange given original Rift has pretty good audio, even though it was subject to breaking over time. My biggest disappointment with Index and Rift S are the lenses. The glare on both really bothers me, even after fresh cleaning and perfect alignment in the sweet spot.

Well.. I don't know what we can say or add on your review :) I am glad you tried almost whole market :) and I would definitely wait for your comparison between new Quest - Reverb G2

Upvote 0
You are mostly right with most things you say. Maybe you make it sound a bit emotional, but our point of views are not that far away. I don't think I was convinced by Sebastian Angs German accent, because I am from Germany, too. ;-) If anything, I think he has a slightly anoying way of speaking in German. But he is one of the two most famous VR Youtube blogger in Germany for many years and he was right in many ways before. Nevertheless, there might be a reason, why he got the Reverb G2 for testing many weeks before everyone else...?

I think you are right with WMR headsets. Most of them are/were low-budget versions and a downgrade from the already established better quality. There was this famous quote from Occlus AND Valve: "... better no VR than cheap VR with a bad experience... because this will kill VR". Instead of developing the best possible technology further to make it more affordable, WMR went the easy way of compromises for quick money. It has turned out not that bad as it sounds first to me, because the inferior technology gets better and better and is now almost as good as the superior technology, which wasn't developed further the same way, but... it is a real pitty for me to watch this process.

I think the big difference between us is - speaking a bit provocative - that I don't see that big difference anymore between the way Occulus was going - since it was dominated by Facebook - and WMR HMDs! Many people think that RiftS was only a halfhearted made successor of the original Rift and a step-back in many ways. And now it even seems that this product lost the support of the decision-makers at Facebook! The Quest was a slap in the face for the original philosophy only to make the best possible high quality-VR (PC) experience.... if there wasn't that link cable, some months later. In addition to that, Occulus has the big flaw of the wallet-garden approach and being part of Facebooks big data-collecting machinery. The RiftS has (correct me if I am wrong) bad audio, no IPD adjustment, mediocre panels (compared with Index and Reverb G2), mediocre FoV, no real native SteamVR support, ..., and an inside-out tracking that is only just some degrees better than WMR....
So, from this point of view, If a VR newcomer is asking me, If he should buy Occulus or the Reverb G2, there is not that big difference between them for me anymore... except that gorgious LCD panels and the better resolution of the G2. If I compare all the downsides of the RiftS with the new G2, it is almost a zero-sum game in my eyes. And so the panels and the overall quality of the G2 are tested that good and are so exciting new, the G2 has now a slight advantage IMHO.

Though, I personally belive - in total - the Index is still superior.... I really hope it will be developed further, and not being abadoned. For me it is the last real (mass-market) survivor of that old "best possible VR" philosophy.

Upvote 0
You are mostly right with most things you say. Maybe you make it sound a bit emotional, but our point of views are not that far away. I don't think I was convinced by Sebastian Angs German accent, because I am from Germany, too. ;-) If anything, I think he has a slightly anoying way of speaking in German. But he is one of the two most famous VR Youtube blogger in Germany for many years and he was right in many ways before. Nevertheless, there might be a reason, why he got the Reverb G2 for testing many weeks before everyone else...?

I think you are right with WMR headsets. Most of them are/were low-budget versions and a downgrade from the already established better quality. There was this famous quote from Occlus AND Valve: "... better no VR than cheap VR with a bad experience... because this will kill VR". Instead of developing the best possible technology further to make it more affordable, WMR went the easy way of compromises for quick money. It has turned out not that bad as it sounds first to me, because the inferior technology gets better and better and is now almost as good as the superior technology, which wasn't developed further the same way, but... it is a real pitty for me to watch this process.

I think the big difference between us is - speaking a bit provocative - that I don't see that big difference anymore between the way Occulus was going - since it was dominated by Facebook - and WMR HMDs! Many people think that RiftS was only a halfhearted made successor of the original Rift and a step-back in many ways. And now it even seems that this product lost the support of the decision-makers at Facebook! The Quest was a slap in the face for the original philosophy only to make the best possible high quality-VR (PC) experience.... if there wasn't that link cable, some months later. In addition to that, Occulus has the big flaw of the wallet-garden approach and being part of Facebooks big data-collecting machinery. The RiftS has (correct me if I am wrong) bad audio, no IPD adjustment, mediocre panels (compared with Index and Reverb G2), mediocre FoV, no real native SteamVR support, ..., and an inside-out tracking that is only just some degrees better than WMR....
So, from this point of view, If a VR newcomer is asking me, If he should buy Occulus or the Reverb G2, there is not that big difference between them for me anymore... except that gorgious LCD panels and the better resolution of the G2. If I compare all the downsides of the RiftS with the new G2, it is almost a zero-sum game in my eyes. And so the panels and the overall quality of the G2 are tested that good and are so exciting new, the G2 has now a slight advantage IMHO.

Though, I personally belive - in total - the Index is still superior.... I really hope it will be developed further, and not being abadoned. For me it is the last real (mass-market) survivor of that old "best possible VR" philosophy.

Thats a pretty fair take on it.

I will admit that when Facebook login was forced it was quite irritating. I didn't even remember my Facebook login and wanted to add a friend and it wasted a lot of time trying to get it going and it was a bit annoying just in principle of it.

The thing is in general its a good idea to have a "burner" Facebook account that you have a login to use when needed on various websites but don't actually use your personal info or even real name and its just an empty Facebook account for logins. Thats pretty much my extent of connection to anything. Facebook.

I wouldn't say they neccesarilly kept making progress lately with the updates but on the other hand they kinda ran out of stuff to fix because the tracking is pretty much perfect. (in some ways better than lighthouses since there are no occlusion moments from your body or sweet spot angles of tracking) and another thing they fixed is red dot crashes which hasn't happened to me in like almost a year thought it used to happen at the start.

Besides that it goes back to the trifecta of what makes a good "feel" in the pictures. Which is clarity, sweet spot size, and range of sweet spot sharpness.

So the Rift S dominates both the Index and the G2 in sweet spot size and In versatility of sweet spot. Index for example has a larger FOV, but Rift S has a larger sweet spot area where it is clear. It also has a larger tolerance for where the headset could be and still look sharp. These type of things you can't put on paper, you just feel, and it has mostly to do with the lenses.

Rift S still has the best lenses on the market bar none, and this carries the final feel of the picture further than most people realize. The lack of lens quality in the past destroyed the quality of much higher res headsets in the past such as HTC pro and Pimaxes and stuff.

Index took lenses seriously and a big key to the G2 is that the lenses were designed by Vallve, It wouldn't have a chance without that. they are the most critical part and one that cannot be any less than premium.

Oculus was smart to invest in lens engineering because that's literally the window to everything, literally.

Thats why you see through the lens comparisons and the Rift S look clear as hell even though it has nowhere near the same resolution as the others.

This is even more dramatic when you put it on and it just plain feels GOOD.

So you look at something like the G2 and it looks good on paper and through the lens, but it doesn't tell the whole story. The Rift S, Index, are very similar and the G2 is only slightly more clear, but that clarity is not as useful as it might seem. In VR you tend to get a total feel, you're not really looking at details of textures but rather the whole construct if that makes any sense.

So yeah, all the downsides of the G2 are not worth that increment in clarity of resolution because its not gonna be THAT noticeable. Its really mostly about the lenses you have, and the Supersampling level happening. I can look at any panels in any game just fine and not see pixels just fine on the Rift S as well, all while having the comfort of the largest sweet spot in the industry.

As for the tracking, its critical that its perfect, it has to be if you have inside out tracking, and I feel like anything less than perfect is gonna cause anxiety. The tracking is not gonna be that improved on the G2 as some might think because WMR is still the same fundamental system with the lights and the bulky rings and the behavior in many games wont be anywhere near the quality of Rift S in real world applications both in trying to shoot bows or point guns or look down scopes and controllers are big culprit in that. The way they are so large and sloppy. they are still not gonna be close. The guy from "Tested" clearly showed that if you put it in front of your face it immediately locks. The accelerometer prediction still seems the same. Its honestly not better its the same old WMR and I don't believe they have made strides yet.

Rift S hasn't been making strides because they fixed it all.

AT release I was not able to shoot bows with Skyrim on the Rift S. Today its flawless.

WMR is no where near that yet and I honestly think in real world games it will still be sloppy and disappointing. Both in tracking and controller feel and overall "resolution" of tracking smoothness and detail.

As for sound on rift s at least you can plug in some sennheiser HD 650s or some earbuds lol. With G2 theres no headphone plug so your mom will hear your VAM girls moaning from the other room with no option for privacy. Keep in mind that the stock audio on the Rift S does sound spatially very deep. its just not that loud is the problem. Its actually very organic and sounds like its coming from spaces in the area, though its not as pornographically rich as the Index. Its not bad by any means, and hey, you can still have better sound than anything with just plugging in premium headphones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rift S is just a Lenovo WMR with an Oculus badge stamped on it.

Lenovo + Facebook = Rift S

HP + Valve = Reverb G2

Upvote 0
Rift S is just a Lenovo WMR with an Oculus badge stamped on it.

Lenovo + Facebook = Rift S

HP + Valve = Reverb G2

Lol ridiculous take on it. Oculus badge? You say that as if Michael Abrash and John Carmack aren’t the grandfathers of everything good about the VR industry and the people who helped not only Oculus but Valve too. Everything in VR today is a product of their strides in technology.

Oculus IS VR

Everyone else including valve is just riding their coattails.

They are like the Apple of VR when it comes to engineering working miracles and pushing the envelope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom