What Quest 3 can do for VAM VR

You have to load your scene or look first. Then first load “DisableRender” as a scene plugin. Then load "CameraBackgroundcolor.4" as a session plugin and enter the same values as in Virtual Desktop for Passthrough. When you then switch on Passthrough in VD you only have the people in your room...

Somewhere I saw that someone could see the girl standing in their room in the mirror. I wouldn't be interested in how that works. And the hands have disappeared when I use Disable Render. I would still like to be able to see them in the passthrough

Last edited:
You have to load your scene or look first. Then first load “DisableRender” as a scene plugin. Then load "CameraBackgroundcolor.4" as a session plugin and enter the same values as in Virtual Desktop for Passthrough. When you then switch on Passthrough in VD you only have the people in your room...

Somewhere I saw that someone could see the girl standing in their room in the mirror. I wouldn't be interested in how that works. And the hands have disappeared when I use Disable Render. I would still like to be able to see them in the passthrough
Camerabackgroundcolor 5 now has disable render included: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/camera-background-color.27762/post-140234

Also i just shaped and lined up a reflective glass atom to my actual mirror:

Attachments

• VirtualDesktop.Android-20231106-205630.mp4
    40.1 MB
VoxtaAI already does that (because LLMs are capable of this) and can, to a certain amount, even remember where your conversation has stopped last time and picks it up again, of course telling you by name ;)
Plus you can configure as much characters and their background as you want, i.e. one being just smart and the other one being always horny...
I also buy quest 3,Because of your video,haha~~Its performance is much better than my pico4, but I found that set to 98 120 100 color, the character's skin always appears shadow, I don't know if there is a better setting parameter:LOL:

I also buy quest 3,Because of your video,haha~~Its performance is much better than my pico4, but I found that set to 98 120 100 color, the character's skin always appears shadow, I don't know if there is a better setting parameter:LOL:
Dunno what you mean by "skin appears shadow", but you have to experiment what colors are working best for you. Some say pure green, some say blue. The mentioned settings just work good for me. It also depends on the scene context, lighting etc...

Dunno what you mean by "skin appears shadow", but you have to experiment what colors are working best for you. Some say pure green, some say blue. The mentioned settings just work good for me. It also depends on the scene context, lighting etc...

Some black patches appear on the body,I'll try more times '◡'

How you guys get rid off the outer line? . I was able to get it working but the person has an outerline around the entire body . Btw this is crazy 🤣 it takes Vam to another level !

How you guys get rid off the outer line? . I was able to get it working but the person has an outerline around the entire body . Btw this is crazy 🤣 it takes Vam to another level !

There is no magic setting to get rid of the outline, each persons setup can be different , depending on lighting and eviroment. Some users go complete green/ or Blue, others have a mix, you have to try with different settings to get the best setup for your own use. I use all blue background, and it works for me, but may not for you. Play with the settings.

How you guys get rid off the outer line?
There are a couple guides here (Under "Resources/Free/Guides") that explain this. Basically you have to match the color in the Sally plugin and on Virtual Desktop. It's very impressive when you get it right.

For me the one thing I'm looking for is a way to get more natural eye contact, where the model looks you in the eyes but not 100% of the time, which is kind of creepy and unnatural.

Is there any plugin that enable us to adjust the real world environment color tone in passthrough ?

I'm still having the problem with Quest 3 + VD that others have reported:
* If I use SteamVR I get stable tracking but the controllers don't work in VaM. Other SteamVR apps like Alyx:HL have no controller issues.
* If I bypass SteamVR and launch VaM in Oculus mode, then I get terrible jittering. It's not latency / stuttering / bandwidth - it's some sort of tracking or rendering issue.

Airlink works, but man, I am addicted to passthrough.

This is driving me nuts. Someone must have figured this out. Does anyone know how to either fix the controllers in SteamVR+VaM, or fix the jittering in oculus mode, or is there an alternate VD/VR setup that works? (I'm in Windows 10, rtx3090)

Thanks.

* If I use SteamVR I get stable tracking but the controllers don't work in VaM. Other SteamVR apps like Alyx:HL have no controller issues.
* If I bypass SteamVR and launch VaM in Oculus mode, then I get terrible jittering. It's not latency / stuttering / bandwidth - it's some sort of tracking or rendering issue.

This is driving me nuts. Someone must have figured this out. Does anyone know how to either fix the controllers in SteamVR+VaM, or fix the jittering in oculus mode, or is there an alternate VD/VR setup that works? (I'm in Windows 10, rtx3090)

Thanks.
there is no miracle solution for such issues:
1) you must obey to the recommended protocol list of settings (for playing pc vr with this application) you can read in virtual desktop discord.

2) be sure to have a clean windows install, a valid router streaming through a primary valid ethernet connection.. 3) clean re-install EVERYTHING quest related, virtual desktop and the fucking steam vr (and please, of course start leaving the bastard fucking steam vr VIRGIN, at its fucking standard default settings). The controllers MUST work always perfect when you finish.
There is absolutely no need to use custom settings in your wi-fi 6 router, besides to split 5Ghz for your headset (that's all).

I leave in automatic the channel selection even if I live in a terrible zone with an infinite list of wireless neighbours networks around my house and with a bricks wall between my studio and my home modem-router. I get 15ms latency on my "pc" Virtual Desktop streaming performance (I have some very good 10 meters long cat 7 slim-flat ethernet cable that I could some years ago personally quite easy 100% hiding in my walls).

I can play vam without issues (passthrough with vam hub @Saint66 [?] solution included) and actually, a fantastic HL Alyx "sparrowed" 😄 edition too, absolutely without issues.

my desktop: i7 13700k, rtx3080, 32GB ram. I am using a very very (VERY) old windows11 install (upgraded from an even more antique windows10 64pro). I use MSI afterburner to undervolt the 3080 and Intel xtu cpu overclock (near to 5600 MHz with lot of hot fun) when I really want to feel more warm in my room ... but not mandative for enjoying any standard overclocking self-idiot-opinion. My quest 3 works perfect (controllers included) even at vanilla (but always full updated) windows11 system settings. I use drivers Nvidia Studio for getting less notifications, less nvidia crapware suggestions to update at each fucking 15-20 days.

ps: there is always time for experiments, you can mod/install each sort of crapware (for vam or any other applications) and always test custom settings for everything (infamous bastard steam included), but only if you can/know how-to revert to a full original working operative status when you get consequences, tragic issues.

Last edited:
there is no miracle solution for such issues:
1) you must obey to the recommended protocol list of settings (for playing pc vr with this application) you can read in virtual desktop discord.

2) be sure to have a clean windows install, a valid router streaming through a primary valid ethernet connection.. 3) clean re-install EVERYTHING quest related, virtual desktop and the fucking steam vr (and please, of course start leaving the bastard fucking steam vr VIRGIN, at its fucking standard default settings). The controllers MUST work always perfect when you finish.
There is absolutely no need to use custom settings in your wi-fi 6 router, besides to split 5Ghz for your headset (that's all).

I leave in automatic the channel selection even if I live in a terrible zone with an infinite list of wireless neighbours networks around my house and with a bricks wall between my studio and my home modem-router. I get 15ms latency on my "pc" Virtual Desktop streaming performance (I have some very good 10 meters long cat 7 slim-flat ethernet cable that I could some years ago personally quite easy 100% hiding in my walls).

I can play vam without issues (passthrough with vam hub @Saint66 [?] solution included) and actually, a fantastic HL Alyx "sparrowed" 😄 edition too, absolutely without issues.

my desktop: i7 13700k, rtx3080, 32GB ram. I am using a very very (VERY) old windows11 install (upgraded from an even more antique windows10 64pro). I use MSI afterburner to undervolt the 3080 and Intel xtu cpu overclock (near to 5600 MHz with lot of hot fun) when I really want to feel more warm in my room ... but not mandative for enjoying any standard overclocking self-idiot-opinion. My quest 3 works perfect (controllers included) even at vanilla (but always full updated) windows11 system settings. I use drivers Nvidia Studio for getting less notifications, less nvidia crapware suggestions to update at each fucking 15-20 days.

ps: there is always time for experiments, you can mod/install each sort of crapware (for vam or any other applications) and always test custom settings for everything (infamous bastard steam included), but only if you can/know how-to revert to a full original working operative status when you get consequences, tragic issues.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I am confident there's no issue with my WiFi/networking, and everything related to Steam is at 100% default. I know I am not the only one to have the controllers not work with SteamVR only in VaM. I am hoping that someone who had that problem and fixed it pops up here. Meanwhile, I am trying every possible combination of setups, including clean VaM installs, etc.

Thanks.

I don't know if this helps, but I get crazy jittering in my Quest 2 headset when using just the Oculus app unless I turn off the desktop vsync option in VAM.

You didn't install the vr perf kit thing did you?
It *used* to work fine for me, but recently I got the stuttering. I removed vrperfkit as a last ditch attempt and that fixed it.
Now I can launch it directly via Virtual Desktop again and it all works with controllers.

Really loving this passthrough on the Quest 3, enjoying a dance while laid in bed. :) Just need to work out the video settings for saving. it is a bit blurry full screen, but is fine on actual quest.
can you share the link to the scene with this dance?

You didn't install the vr perf kit thing did you?
It *used* to work fine for me, but recently I got the stuttering. I removed vrperfkit as a last ditch attempt and that fixed it.
Now I can launch it directly via Virtual Desktop again and it all works with controllers.
I wonder if that is it! My installs are a mess. I need an assistant to manage my VaM stuff. Or even better, an assistant to handle my day job so I can do VaM stuff all day.

To get rid of jittering with vrperfkit and VD (without or with SteamVR), you have to disable the upscaling in vrperfkit.yml file:

upscaling:
# enable (true) or disable (false) upscaling
enabled: false

Back
Top Bottom