What Quest 3 can do for VAM VR

after my first hours I feel totally negative about quest 3 "wearing [dis]comfort" ... (not only) because I must use my glasses (-7 miopy) with that nightmare original face mask_badly "blocked_???" by elastic_torture_elements "pressing" all the headset weight on the most painful temple nerfs, nose bone etc.. I can't imagine wich criminal asshole engineer was undersigning this absurd zukkiniproject. With the reverb I had absolutely no issues for the wearing comfort: maybe they were testing on humans heads and not with zukkiniberg personal goat_girlfriend's skull?

passthrough with vam scenes: virtual desktop method works very very easy and nice (thanks for your dummy proof guide). The only little boring thing is that when we edit/save those streaming/walkthrough setting parameters VD don't let us real time check any resulting effects, in vam, before closing the related VD menu/window. Anyway it was funny to watch mixed r. vam animations in our rooms.
edit: it was so banally easy ... it is possible real-time check/correct camera b. colors with personal parameters settings directly with vam Sally plugin sliders after activating VD passthrough with (your) Saint settings.

I can recommend you this Halo type Strap from BOBOVR ( for Quest2 ) which is like the PSVR Halo Strap and worlds better then that Quest 3 Rubber strap.

It is on sale currently
at amazon

and to fit it to Quest 3
they offer this new released Upgrade Kit ( sadly sold out currently but sure soon availabel again)

or if you prefer a solution without the fit pack the new BOBOVR M3 Halo Strap which is with Battery Pack
Both are reviewed in the Video:

Meta offers their Elite Strap but it has no Halo and i have no clue how it is compared to the BOBO

I like Halo Straps since Its resting on your head then same as the Playstation VR.

My gosh! I just tried passthrough and it is incredible, a model sitting on your lap, giving you a handjob while you sit on YOUR chair, dancing around, kissing and at the same time you can use your real hands to play with her hair, stroke her hair, put your finger in her mouth, rub her breasts and she reacts, this is all amazing, amazing where we have come with technology.

Somethings I would like to see develop in passthrough VAM is that it recognizes your chairs tables etc in your room and you can ask the model to go sit on that chair ./ desk or go lie on that bed (your real bed) etc and it will go do that, that would be out of this world.

View attachment 296935
Here the check. My internet configuration it's the one in the photo you posted, networking is good i suppose

Ok, your latency is a bit high, but still should work. The 2070 might have troubles with HEVC, maybe try a standard codec like h264 and disable automatic bitrate. I also turned of Spacewarp, it was just causing issues for me.

after my first hours I feel totally negative about quest 3 "wearing [dis]comfort" ... (not only) because I must use my glasses (-7 miopy) with that nightmare original face mask_badly "blocked_???" by elastic_torture_elements "pressing" all the headset weight on the most painful temple nerfs, nose bone etc.. I can't imagine wich criminal asshole engineer was undersigning this absurd zukkiniproject. With the reverb I had absolutely no issues for the wearing comfort: maybe they were testing on humans heads and not with zukkiniberg personal goat_girlfriend's skull?

passthrough with vam scenes: virtual desktop method works very very easy and nice (thanks for your dummy proof guide). The only little boring thing is that when we edit/save those streaming/walkthrough setting parameters VD don't let us real time check any resulting effects, in vam, before closing the related VD menu/window. Anyway it was funny to watch mixed r. vam animations in our rooms.
edit: it was so banally easy ... it is possible real-time check/correct camera b. colors with personal parameters settings directly with vam Sally plugin sliders after activating VD passthrough with (your) Saint settings.
You are correct, it's not very friendly for people who use glasses. I upgraded to an adjustable head strap and I'm happy now.

I recently got a quest 3 that I use in vam by Link, I have the impression that the framerate of the scenes has dropped. I'm getting 18 fps in a simple mocap scene with a single unclothed model and no environment with SSS on and physics off. Before, I remember that the decline wasn't that drastic.Do I need to set up VAM somehow? My requirements are R7 3700X, 32 GB ram, RTX 2070
I'm quite surprised here. Since essentially you are using PC VR and your setting is the same as before, you should not get such a performance hit. Are you sure something is not changed in your PC/Laptop? I had a bloatware, and when I removed it, it got way faster.

SO i tried Virtual desktop, I get 10 fps but the result is worse, because by moving your head the video update is slower and everything shakes. Should I get a r75800x 3d?
Have you tried running VAM directly on your PC and see what FPS it is giving you there?

Vam in desktop running pretty good
Must be your Wifi then. Try to channel Wifi channels to less congested ones, get closer to the router, maybe just turn your router off and on again.
What network values and bitrates does VD show after connecting to your PC?

Must be your Wifi then. Try to channel Wifi channels to less congested ones, get closer to the router, maybe just turn your router off and on again.
What network values and bitrates does VD show after connecting to your PC?
I did some tests. With other games the latency does not turn orange. However with your suggestions, in Vam the latency has dropped to a range of 20. so we are around 75 and we can already feel an improvement. I also turned off the VPN and that was affecting it too

network show 5 Gh 1200Mbs

Beauty of the Q3 is it is untethered, so that means you can take it anywhere in your house. The other benefit of Passthrough it you can take it your bedroom and get the model to lie on her back on your bed missionary style. Then you can fuck her missionary and instead of stroking your cock with your hand you could use one of these torso sex dolls and you could be having "real" sex with your favourite model from VAM.

Beauty of the Q3 is it is untethered, so that means you can take it anywhere in your house. The other benefit of Passthrough it you can take it your bedroom and get the model to lie on her back on your bed missionary style. Then you can fuck her missionary and instead of stroking your cock with your hand you could use one of these torso sex dolls and you could be having "real" sex with your favourite model from VAM.

Yes , that is very advanced and indeed is the next generation erotic experience.
Lucky the men and women who can enjoy this kind of experience which is very satisfying and more importantly super safe.

Yes , that is very advanced and indeed is the next generation erotic experience.
Lucky the men and women who can enjoy this kind of experience which is very satisfying and more importantly super safe.
What I am concerned about is this thing evolves further and gets so good that young people stop looking to find a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Last edited:
nothing will be as good as the real deal
Well, that is highly subjective. What is the likelihood an average man can have a super gorgeous girlfriend who has a supermodel body, be available on demand, and does not cost money?

You could be right for now but if mix VR gets more sophisticated and evolves further in the future, nothing is certain.

The above is especially true if VR integrates with fast-evolving AI technology such as ChatGPT AI.

Last edited:
Performance related question: since passthrough is done via VD, is the correct way to launch VaM just through the exe and let it autodetect? When doing so, it launches via Steam, which drops FPS.

When using batch files to launch in native oculus or OpenVR (eg "-vrmode oculus") , it seems to default to Steam as well. Is anyone else having the same experience or is there some workaround?

Performance related question: since passthrough is done via VD, is the correct way to launch VaM just through the exe and let it autodetect? When doing so, it launches via Steam, which drops FPS.

When using batch files to launch in native oculus or OpenVR (eg "-vrmode oculus") , it seems to default to Steam as well. Is anyone else having the same experience or is there some workaround?
try to click on oculus runtime as default (who the fuck care re_member_ing in wich crapware menu you can find the related option: oculus or steamVR?) and ... the last possibility is to set "manual" that superfucking steamVR service in computer management. The risk with this last one is you can get issues with the master-fucker Virtual Desktop app! :ROFLMAO::eek:

Yes SteamVR causes some FPS drops. they are ways to always bypass SteamVR.

Yeah, just to name one instead of vague hints:

Create a batch file like this, launch Virtual Desktop and open it within VD (replace the path to your VAM folder):
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "F:\VR\Vam\VaM.exe"

This bypasses SteamVR.

Also make sure to check Virtual Desktop's Discord, it's full of vital infos -> https://discord.gg/yjXVCAuC

Yeah, just to name one instead of vague hints:

Create a batch file like this, launch Virtual Desktop and open it within VD (replace the path to your VAM folder):
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "F:\VR\Vam\VaM.exe"

This bypasses SteamVR.

Also make sure to check Virtual Desktop's Discord, it's full of vital infos -> https://discord.gg/yjXVCAuC

Thank you Saint! The batch file worked like a charm and I'll jump into that discord as well. Thanks for taking the time to answer, that alone probably saved me hours and hours of trying to figure out a workaround.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make particles show up better? People and objects generally look fine, but when I use particles in green screen passthrough, they tend to always look green and thus unconvincing. Are they interacting with the background and light in a different way from other atoms? Any insight @Farger or @hazmhox or @Xstatic

Does anyone have any tips on how to make particles show up better? People and objects generally look fine, but when I use particles in green screen passthrough, they tend to always look green and thus unconvincing. Are they interacting with the background and light in a different way from other atoms? Any insight @Farger or @hazmhox or @Xstatic
Sounds like accelerated retirement is in order for me. Sorry, I am always quick to respond, but slow with a good answer. I would hope that this is the sort of issue that needs to get worked out as this headset and the software matures. It sounds like the shaders of the particle effects are interacting with the rendering in the headset. Normally this type of interaction would only occur between the particles and the colors in the scene, but it sounds like in this case that the particles are possibly interacting with the passthrough mechanics.

Sounds like accelerated retirement is in order for me. Sorry, I am always quick to respond, but slow with a good answer. I would hope that this is the sort of issue that needs to get worked out as this headset and the software matures. It sounds like the shaders of the particle effects are interacting with the rendering in the headset. Normally this type of interaction would only occur between the particles and the colors in the scene, but it sounds like in this case that the particles are possibly interacting with the passthrough mechanics.
I just changed the color so it wasn't all green and that solved it. A few particles aren't as clear like the outer ring of some of the spells, but overall I can now see them in their intended colors. It looks like 100 Blue, 150 Green 100 Red is what's best. I also turned down smoothing.

I just changed the color so it wasn't all green and that solved it. A few particles aren't as clear like the outer ring of some of the spells, but overall I can now see them in their intended colors. It looks like 100 Blue, 150 Green 100 Red is what's best. I also turned down smoothing.
🍸

Hey @keycode you said you also have a Reverb G2? How does the Quest 3 image quality compare to it? I have a G2 and am thinking of selling it, then putting the money towards a Q3.

Back
Top Bottom