• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Timeline
Hello! First of all, thank you for an amazing plugin :)

I actually just want to be able to loop some keyframes of the Hip position and then a separate loop for the Hip rotation to play at the same time. I don't need curve functionality really. Right now my solution is to add another copy of the plugin onto the same Atom and apply the rotation keys on that and it seems to work. Is that the best way to do it?
Hmmm. I guess I'm confused about what you're trying to do with that functionality. Unless I have it wrong, I don't think it "works" at all. Each of Timeline's keyframes are sending an X,Y, and Z position coordinate in space, as well as X,Y, and Z rotation information for the controller. As a super fake example, If you have one animation playing 1,1,1 position with a 0,0,0 rotation that changes to 1,1,1 and back, and the second atom playing 0,0,0 position that changes to 1,1,1 with a 0,0,0 rotation at the same time, I feel like you could just make one animation that goes from a 0,0,0 position and rotation, to a 1,1,1 position and rotation.

I guess if the speed at which the position is changing needs to be different than the speed at which it rotates...

Hmmm. I guess I'm confused about what you're trying to do with that functionality. Unless I have it wrong, I don't think it "works" at all. Each of Timeline's keyframes are sending an X,Y, and Z position coordinate in space, as well as X,Y, and Z rotation information for the controller. As a super fake example, If you have one animation playing 1,1,1 position with a 0,0,0 rotation that changes to 1,1,1 and back, and the second atom playing 0,0,0 position that changes to 1,1,1 with a 0,0,0 rotation at the same time, I feel like you could just make one animation that goes from a 0,0,0 position and rotation, to a 1,1,1 position and rotation.

I guess if the speed at which the position is changing needs to be different than the speed at which it rotates...
Yeah I'm basically trying to add some randomness to the hip animation by having the position and rotation loops moving at different speeds (using the "random float" plugin to change the playback speed and weight of each timeline).I was able to get it to work by having one timeline plugin drive the position and another drive the rotation and toggling the respective "position" or "rotation" checkboxes for their layers. It's just a shame it doesn't seem possible to do it within the same plugin but hey ho.

Yeah I'm basically trying to add some randomness to the hip animation by having the position and rotation loops moving at different speeds (using the "random float" plugin to change the playback speed and weight of each timeline).I was able to get it to work by having one timeline plugin drive the position and another drive the rotation and toggling the respective "position" or "rotation" checkboxes for their layers. It's just a shame it doesn't seem possible to do it within the same plugin but hey ho.
Gotcha, that makes sense.

Well, you could potentially use Timeline to run the XYZ position coordinates, and then use an autothrust plugin to just control hip rotation, calling that plugin with triggers in timeline to adjust its speed/rotation/on/off/etc.

That might be more complex, but it would give a much more independent form of control, I think, and you'd at least get to control it all on one Timeline scrubber track!

Yeah i may have found the issue but I need to do further testing.

If you minimize or expand certain added morphs within the timeline, save the scene. I also noticed that the timeline becomes nonresponsive or very delayed similar to a memory leak.

i will keep you posted.

these are the morphs from by miketruck pubichair
Miketruck:barbara edwardssim--width
Miketruck:marina bakersim--width

Last edited:
Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v6.0.1

- Select specific segments, layers and animations using Keybindings (Select_Segment#1, etc.)
- Allow deleting the shared segment
- Show the "(Randomize)" sequence target even when only one animation is present
- Fix AutoPlay not working when only one segment exists
- Show a warning when using Auto Play on multiple segments in the diagnostics
- Show the segments drop down when only the shared segment exists
- Add a log when a trigger tries to change an uninterruptible animation

Read the rest of this update entry...

Attachments

• Timeline 269 Ohne Export.mp4
    510.2 KB
Last edited:
Aaah yeah @KajaGoo I forgot to add it to my list, but yeah I wanted to take care of fixing this bug (it should actually work) and also allow importing animations in existing layers rather than only creating new ones. Thanks for the reminder!

Okay, I'm just here to post again about how awesome the audio scrubbing is. It's been an adjustment to my workflow to have my entire scene in one single animation, and since this will be the longest scene I've ever made, it's been even more daunting.

That said, the new workflow for timing movement to audio is SO much faster, I am having trouble understanding how I loved so long without it.

Thank you, a thousand times THANK YOU @Acid Bubbles for this update!

Hello, can I make the speed of the audio change with the speed of the animation?

Hi, just wondering if this works with facial morphs.

Edit - NM done some searching

Last edited:
Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v6.0.2

- Support preserve loop from looping to non-looping
- Allow exporting all animations when using a single segment
- Fix crash when importing animations
- Detect invalid segment sequence and still load the scene
- Fix randomize group weight 0 not saving
- Fix some drop downs opening upwards hiding the filter text field
- Fix loading a scene on initial load may not correctly load trigger receivers

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey i just downloaded you latest version and casually deleted the older version, now its not working anymore =( when i add it to a person or scene i can just see the buttons like "Animation, Target and so on" the simplesign isn't working aswell. I downloaded it 4 times now so the download isn corrupted or something. Could you give me a link to the 269 version ? That worked for me very well.
VaM 2022-07-22 19-13-59.png

2 quick questions:
Can I import .var animation bundles into the mocap/animation loader? Or do I have to unzip all the var's that I have downloaded?
Also, when I attempt to import an animation I got from a 3rd party, I get an error:
"Timeline: Loaded animation for but current atom type is Person"

Any help is appreciated! Thx

Hi @zapeggo !

- Can I import .var animation bundles: Good question, I think you should be able to, but I'll double check. If not, extracting the animation json will work.
- This error means the animation was made for e.g. a cube and you're trying to import it on a person. If you think this is an error, let me know which animation you're trying to import and in what scene and I'll check!

Hey thanks! I don't see a way to add a var. I think this is just not available via the UI.

Anyway, the animations I'm trying are obviously 3rd party. I have a pack called TiSeb.1Packanimation.1.var

It has a different json structure than what your plugin deals with. I'm assuming its missing the header that dictates what type of atom it is.
Code snippet below shows the top-most in the file:

{
"playerHeightAdjust" : "-0.2579349",
"monitorCameraRotation" : {
"x" : "3.140837",
"y" : "0",
"z" : "0"
},
"useSceneLoadPosition" : "false",
"atoms" : [
{
"id" : "WindowCamera",