Timeline Guide: How to use frame-by-frame rendering for Timeline animations

Guides Timeline Guide: How to use frame-by-frame rendering for Timeline animations

Shadow Venom

Reactions
Shadow Venom submitted a new resource:

Timeline Guide: How to use frame-by-frame rendering for Timeline animations - Why does the video I rendered appear to be fast-forwarded many times?

To use frame-by-frame rendering with a Timeline animation, you can follow these steps:

Before we begin, you might want to understand the difference between Real Time and Game Time, which can help you better grasp the specific steps, although it's not strictly necessary.

1. Real Time Mode: In Real Time mode, the timeline progresses at the same rate as the actual time in the real world. This...

Read more about this resource...

Ohhhhh... does this mean you've rendered out some of your cool scenes into 8K VR videos?

I'm betting you have a far more powerfull computer than me so the rendered video will have all the sexiness turned to max (physics iterations, hair details, naturalis soft body, polygon tesselation, etc)

VARs are cool and all but I'm lazy and would usually to just watch the 8K VR180 "directors cut" when it comes to music video style work.

i noticed that on VamProduce, there are some timelines that will enable and disable during a scene. What is the VL_G1?
I noticed another timeline kick in mid song that does spooky mode then disables it for example.

I'm having trouble on some of yours determining what to modify, also sometimes the camera and the dancing are not synchronized when recording.
Does this require "Sync with Other Atoms"?

it would be nice if in VAMProduce there was a button to "Enable Movie rendering" mode that would adjust all timeline factors.

1706509319128.png

i noticed that on VamProduce, there are some timelines that will enable and disable during a scene. What is the VL_G1?
I noticed another timeline kick in mid song that does spooky mode then disables it for example.

I'm having trouble on some of yours determining what to modify, also sometimes the camera and the dancing are not synchronized when recording.
Does this require "Sync with Other Atoms"?

it would be nice if in VAMProduce there was a button to "Enable Movie rendering" mode that would adjust all timeline factors.

View attachment 328998
In VaM Produce 69, dynamically enabling/disabling various components, such as Timeline copies, is primarily for performance reasons. It aims to keep only the essential elements active as much as possible. As you've observed, some Timelines perform self-closure after playback. So, if you plan to render a particular track frame by frame, it's recommended to first preview it with SimpleSign open. This way, you'll know which elements require time mode adjustments.

Any elements with the VL_ prefix are related to volumetric lighting. They are typically part of a specific volumetric light group.

As for the one-click time mode switching feature you suggested, I have made relevant suggestions to Acid Bubbles. I recommended that he make the time mode options available through VAM's trigger system. Perhaps it can be implemented in future versions.

@Shadow Venom , do you think you could add the following supplemental information to this guide?
the info below is for people who want to capture the PLAYER VIEW and not just a camera view. This is optional but not all scenes will have a seperate camer set up and it took me a while to get this information, i'm sure it would benefit others wanting the same:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to Link a Capture plugin to the Player View instead of another camera so that it capture whatever you are looking at, you will need to do the following:
Add an Empty Atom
1708032765059.png

Name the Empty Atom whatever makes sense to you & leave settings default.
1708034772158.png

I like to make the size/scale of the Atom 0.000 otherwise when you "Toggle Targets" a circle will be enveloping your view, making it hard to see.
1708034960630.png

Add AlignHelper and whatever capture plugin that you like to use. I use Eosin.VRRenderer (there is also a multi-thread version available on Github)
In AlignHelper plugin I select the Target Atom/Receiver=CameraRig/CenterEye, Click "Align Now" then Lock it.
Congratulations, the atom is aligned and now you only need to mess with the Capture plugin.

1708036043401.png

For the Eosin Capture plugin I use the following settings (highlighted ones I've changed) but it you need more details go to the discussion thread on that plugin:
1708037401491.png

Press F11 to start recording & Esc to stop, Find the folder under "Saves/VR_Renders" and use AviDemux to join the audio and frames & convert to video format of choice. FYI I'm using PoseMe, part of @CheesyFX BodyLanguage Plugin for the pose changes.

The following vid is a step/step walkthrough. I set the settings in reverse order for capture/alignment so you can see the effect of alignment. FoV 90 in Eosin is close to FoV 60 in Player View, FoV 68 is close to FoV 40 Player View.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom