Question Moving the camera with my VR goggles

fishgamescamp

Reactions
Hi all, just installed this yesterday. I seem to remember I was able to move the camera with my head (vr goggles), for example lean forward for a kiss, or stand up go go higher. But I can't seem to do that any more. When I lean forward they stay the same distance and it feels super weird. I can look in all directions I just can't lean or move. I might be confusing it for another game I just installed, Honey Select 2. If there is a setting or mod I'm missing that allows this, please let me know. Thanks

Some follow up questions: I have downloaded some POV scenes, but as soon as you open the menu to possess the arms, it jumps out of the head.

And if I fly into the head, manually, I see the inside of their head. Any way to delete the head or make it invisible? Or just "become" one of the characters?

Finally is there any way to get the people to react when you get close, for example when the camera gets close they start doing kissing animations, or slightly turn their head to face you instead of just their eyes?

Last edited:
You're likely using the Embody plugin for POV. See the plugins settings or plugin description for instructions.
In a more general sense as you're new, here are tutorials for things in VaM:

The latter part of your post requires some sort of behavioral plugin to be used, Cue for example.

Upvote 0
Finally is there any way to get the people to react when you get close, for example when the camera gets close they start doing kissing animations, or slightly turn their head to face you instead of just their eyes?

Like atani said, Embody for pov scenes

Here's kissing

and the gaze function from the life plugin will make the character look at you

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I'm heavily enjoying these plugins.

I was talking about using the VR goggles to move around like 6 degrees of freedom. So you can move the camera (not neccessarily embody) with only your head and not the controller. Lean close to initiate kiss, or move head back to stop it.

Somehow, this movement never seems activated when I first load the game. When I first enter the game, my headset is stuck in place. I can only spin my head and look around, but I'm stuck where I'm at. I can't get closer or move anything like that. But if I play around with the settings, or sometimes if I stay idle for a bit, it suddenly starts working.

Not sure if it's some kind of setting or hotkey I'm pressing.

Upvote 0
What headset are you using? I've never had that issue. There are vr settings in the settings tab. Try looking through those. I've not got vam up at the moment so i can't say exactly where. I'll have a look for you later and let you know if i see what it might be.

Upvote 0
Somehow, this movement never seems activated when I first load the game. When I first enter the game, my headset is stuck in place. I can only spin my head and look around, but I'm stuck where I'm at. I can't get closer or move anything like that. But if I play around with the settings, or sometimes if I stay idle for a bit, it suddenly starts working.
I don't know your VR experience in general, so I might answer with something you already knew: Do you use Lighthouse for 6/9DOF? SteamVR? When I use just the internal sensors in my Pimax I can just use 3DOF like you. Also if your PC is under heavy load the headset simply isn't updated in 3D anymore to that degree. As you wrote when you stay idle for a bit (and your PC recovers) or you play around with the settings (to the lower, I think) it might be this cause.

Just an idea.

Upvote 0
Hey all, I found out how to fix it. I just alt tab out or click out and click back in and somehow the headset is able to move in 6 degrees again. I use Samsung Oddyssey+ , Windows MR / Steam VR

Have to do this once per application launch. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Upvote 0
Haha, I have two monitors, so I alt tab to Chrome or something, or use the cursor to click it, then click on VAM or alt tab back to it. Seems to fix my issue. Really rare issue I guess.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom