MacGruber Essentials

Plugins MacGruber Essentials

MacGruber updated MacGruber Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 8

Version 8 adds a toggle to the ParentHoldLink plugin to change its behavior, making it possible for characters to pick up and put down objects, like in this video:

Changelog
  • ParentHoldLink: Added option to prevent the plugin from resetting it's relative position/rotation when it is deactivated and then reactivated. This makes the atom snap into position when turned...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I recently switched to an Oculus Quest 2 from my Rift S (one of the controllers buttons weren't working anymore) but now when I try to use SuperShot it crashes almost every time. Is there any sort of compatibility issue? I very rarely had issues with my Rift S.
I would say this sounds like an issue with simply running out of memory, SuperShot uses a LOT of graphics memory. Quest2 will also need more memory than RiftS, so if you had been on the edge, you may be over it now. Try using a lower resolution or resolution multiplier. Otherwise, maybe the Quest2 can't handle the frame drop while taking the shot, but I would say that's less likely.

I would say this sounds like an issue with simply running out of memory, SuperShot uses a LOT of graphics memory. Quest2 will also need more memory than RiftS, so if you had been on the edge, you may be over it now. Try using a lower resolution or resolution multiplier. Otherwise, maybe the Quest2 can't handle the frame drop while taking the shot, but I would say that's less likely.

Thank you for the reply. I guess the Quest 2 does have a higher resolution natively than the Rift S, so I'm betting that is chewing up more VRAM and thus my issue. I have 6GB of physical RAM on my 2060 and 16GB of 'shared' GPU memory.... Maybe I'll have to use desktop mode and just remove my VR from the equation for screenshots. I just love doing all the posing, etc, in VR, so I'll just need to do the multiple shots with empty objects and save each scene, close it and re-open.

Version 9 (free)

Quick maintenance update for SuperShot and SuperVideo.

Changelog
  • SuperVideo: Changes to address issues introduced by the VaM 1.20.77.2 update:
    • Fixed aspect ratio (of your VaM window) not being applied to preview display and HUD preview.
    • Fixed "Preview UI Scale" slider not being applied to preview display.
    • Removed "Preview UI Left/Right" slider as it was obsolete, since VaM 1.20.77.2 you can just move the DisplayControl...

Great tools as always, thank you MacGruber.... When in desktop, can PowerHandles be displayed in Edit mode with the UI closed via 'U' or 'F1' as the stock handles/nodes are? I only use desktop mode when I want quick precision placement, but with the UI in the way it's a bit cumbersome at times. Easy enough to switch to stock, but I thought I'd ask anyway. thx

When in desktop, can PowerHandles be displayed in Edit mode with the UI closed via 'U' or 'F1' as the stock handles/nodes are? I only use desktop mode when I want quick precision placement, but with the UI in the way it's a bit cumbersome at times. Easy enough to switch to stock, but I thought I'd ask anyway. thx
Also without PowerHandles that does not work? You have to have the UI open.

You could try the UI Scale slider, though. Press the vertical "..." button in the F1 bar at the bottom.

Also without PowerHandles that does not work? You have to have the UI open.

Yeah if I have PowerHandles turned off, edit mode, show targets, select an atom and press F1 (or 'U') to hide the UI the stock move/rotate gizmo still shows and can be manipulated. But if I do the same with PowerHandles on: pressing ALT or CTRL doesn't show the gizmo.

Press the vertical "..." button in the F1 bar at the bottom.

Ha, I looked forever trying to find this control, thank you. Evertime I think I have the VaM UI memorized I find out I don't.

Yeah if I have PowerHandles turned off, edit mode, show targets, select an atom and press F1 (or 'U') to hide the UI the stock move/rotate gizmo still shows and can be manipulated. But if I do the same with PowerHandles on: pressing ALT or CTRL doesn't show the gizmo.
*faceplam* There is an option "Only Show Targets and Overlays When Menu Open" which I had enabled :D
Looked quickly at the code and see what the problem is. Have to think about how to fix it.

如何打开照片插件?
Note that I don't understand a single word Chinese. Please make it easier for people to help you. I recommend to use https://translate.google.com/ and post your original Chinese text as well as the translation. It works reasonably well.

Anyway, you can add SuperShot as a session plugin and use it like this. There are also some settings you will want to look at:

First I'd like to thank you for this awesome set of plugins!
I love the PowerHandles and Supershot ;)

I've noticed a few glitches when using PowerHandles, I don't think they have been reported yet:
- Sometimes a selected atom moved where I clicked instead of moving through the arrows. It's pretty rare, but this defeat the whole purpose of the plugin, breaking the positioning.
- Sometimes I couldn't move an atom. Not very problematic but a bit frustrating when that happens ^^

Couldn't find what triggers those to happen. In both cases, deselecting the atom and going back to it fixed this.

Did you encounter those issues as well? I've got them something like 10 times in 2 months of use, so it's not very troublesome.

@ZRSX Yeah, there are some issues with it. Although not exactly what you describe. However, so far I could not find clear repro steps for them myself, which would allow to figure out what is going on. For me it was like moving stuff around for an hour, you are focused on making a scene and it suddenly breaks ;)

@babul also reported some issue on Discord, quoting it here to find it again more easily:
Babul said:
sorry for pinging you, just a small thing about PowerHandles - it seems that every time I depress the modifier key before letting go of my mouse button, when changing position or rotation, it will glitch out and stop working. Then, if I press let's say ctrl again, and move the mouse, it will move in every axis. To fix it, you need to press mouse button again. Not sure if it's your plugin or just how VAM works. Also not a great deal if you control yourself, but sometimes you just let go of the key early.. so if possible, would be great if it applied the modifier until you depress a mouse button or something.
MacGruber said:
Hm, I remember having an issue like that, but could never reproduce it. Will have to check.
Babul said:
For me I think it was 100% consistent - simply hold ctrl, move a thing, but let go of ctrl before letting go of the mouse. Then if you wanna do rotation next, it will be stuck, and if you press control and only move the mouse without clicking, object should be stuck to the mouse anyway.

I will look at PowerHandles again eventually, but the Benchmark project has priority currently.

For me it was like moving stuff around for an hour, you are focused on making a scene and it suddenly breaks ;)
Yep, exactly. But you click elsewhere and you're good to go again :p

I may have also experienced something similar to Babul.

I will look at PowerHandles again eventually, but the Benchmark project has priority currently.
Sure, there is no hurry ;)

Version 11

Just a quick maintenance update for FrameRateControl.

Changelog
  • FrameRateControl: Fixed detection when VaM is loading, which probably broke with VaM's Cyberpunk update. When you got "Pause VaM when not focused" enabled, the plugin will now again not pause while you are loading a scene or assets. So it actually loads and you are free to do other stuff while waiting for VaM, not waste your time anymore. (Allowing VaM to pause...

Back
Top Bottom