MacGruber Essentials

Plugins MacGruber Essentials

Hey Mac!

I still haven't checked out the last release, thank you for the shoutout!

I wanted just to add an information on top of what you said: unless you've coded your own reverb, I initially deprecated the audiosource reverb not because it wasn't interesting, but because of the way Unity works with its own reverb.

Contrary to recent versions of Unity, the reverb stops abruptly when the audio file ends. It works quite nicely on extremely short ( room for instance ) reverbs, but for long reverb, it is pretty weird.

That said, I initially did not find a way to make it work with the oculus spatializer, maybe it fixes that phenomenon?

unless you've coded your own reverb
Nah, I just made the Reverb filter accessible as VaM plugin. It creates the component either on the AudioSource or on the AudioListener, and then exposes all the parameters. Couldn't get the reverb zone-thing working with the spatializer either. My guess is that the spatializer messes with the coordinates somehow, so it just thinks its not in the zone.

the reverb stops abruptly when the audio file ends
Had not noticed (and can't try from here), but I would assume my stuff will have the same issue.

There's a simple workaround to fix that, it's to add a big silent tail to the file. But from a sound designer perspective, I find that extremely ugly :p

Hi, I got a issue about supershot.
Error message:
MacGruber.Essentials.14:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/Essentials/MacGruber_Convolution.shaderbundle. Not valid
!> SuperResolution: Could not load convolution shader!

At moment, I take screentshot and get nothing in my folder. But it worked before Tuesday.

Hi, I got a issue about supershot.
Error message:
MacGruber.Essentials.14:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/Essentials/MacGruber_Convolution.shaderbundle. Not valid
!> SuperResolution: Could not load convolution shader!

At moment, I take screentshot and get nothing in my folder. But it worked before Tuesday.
Do you have multiple different versions of Essentials in your scene? (That includes the Scene and Session plugin tabs)
There can only be one version.

1684399295.jpg

Is it possiable to avoid this thing? It looks like player's eye.

@MacGruber Sorry, I must be really dumb. How do I record video with Super Video?
SuperVideo does not record videos itself. It's for improving quality while you record with some external tool like OBS. It only applies to VaM's "WindowCamera" output. There is a two-part tutorial here, SuperVideo is mentioned in the second part:

Hi @MacGruber !

Is there any chance that you will add a triggerable "SET POSITION 0" and "SET POSITION 1" to the Linear Animation plugin? :unsure:
Nothing more than the same thing done by the buttons in the Plugin UI.

It could be useful to set them through UIButtons and\or other triggers.

Is there any chance that you will add a triggerable "SET POSITION 0" and "SET POSITION 1" to the Linear Animation plugin? :unsure:
LinearAnimation is meant for trivial cases where using Timeline, IdlePoser or just an AnimationPattern would be overkill. If you need more features, just use one of those to move your atom?

LinearAnimation is meant for trivial cases where using Timeline, IdlePoser or just an AnimationPattern would be overkill. If you need more features, just use one of those to move your atom?

Hummmm... :unsure:

Yes... maybe there are other ways to do what i've in mind. Like... using an AP with DYNAMIC POSITIONS (Aeternum Tools Pack) to change steps locations.
But... i have a "feeling" that adding the triggerable actions can open a wide range of usage scenarios.

Need to think better about this. I'll let you know if I come to a more sensible conclusion... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the reply! ;)

@Voithe
Possibly you should tell us what you are trying to achieve as end result.
Is this a XY problem? ;)

Hummmmmm... :unsure: no.

I'm not trying to do anything specific atm. But... I was imagining something like a "thing" that return back to it's position after use.

Like:

1) Set position 0 - The thing parking position (that won't change but it might).
2) Use the thing to do nasty things.
3) Click a button to Set position 1, and animate the thing back to it's parking position.
4) Repeat if you want.

This can be useful with BDSM devices but, this is just an example. I think this can lead to more interactive\versatile scenarios that the one possible using other methods.

🤷‍♂️

Hi @MacGruber some fantastic utils here.

One quick question, is it possible to get FrameRateControl settings (as a session plugin) to persist across reboots of VaM? It works fine if it open the plugin dialog and set it each time I boot up VaM (I liike to limit my VaM to 60fps), but it always forgets my settings after a reboot.

Latest version (as of today) of both VaM and your free essentials plugin.

UPDATE - nevermind, a setting in UIAssist (a different plugin) was forcing Vsync mode back on, after turning off that setting your plugin now works as expected across reboots.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Just reporting a minor issue with ParentHoldLink.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MacGruber.ParentHoldLink.OnEnable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When loading a save, OnEnable seems to be being called before Init() and is accessing myResetWhenDisabled before it has been initialized. Unfortunately, this can cause the whole atom's plugin list to fail initialization.

Is it normal that the SkyMagic Exporter Plugin only works in Desktop Mode? The cubemap created by the plugin in vr mode is mostly black except for the last picture.

Attachments

• Pictures-00.smc.png
    Pictures-00.smc.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
Is it normal that the SkyMagic Exporter Plugin only works in Desktop Mode? The cubemap created by the plugin in vr mode is mostly black except for the last picture.
Not sute I tried this in VR mode, so it might not work. However, from your description it sounds like you just run out of GPU memory. Does it work at a lower resolution? In any case...the obvious workaround is to run in Desktop mode ;)

Reposting this
Thanks for the all these plugins! I stupidly hadn't realised that you had already done a Frame rate cap plugin when I posted my own 😅

Love the pause when in background feature, but did notice something interesting - I have set the plugin to auto start as a session plugin and in this mode it paused the loading up of VAM as well, was wondering if it's possible to use OnSceneLoaded() to enable the pause feature once VAM is loaded up?

Also, would it be possible to add 120 & 144 frame cap as well?

Cheers!

was wondering if it's possible to use OnSceneLoaded()
Not as easy as you think. OnSceneLoaded is not reliable, there are a lot of things it does not take into account.
Also, would it be possible to add 120 & 144 frame cap as well?
If you want to sync with your monitor, use VSync. Framerate limit it pretty much useles, if it is close to your monitor refresh rate. You get skipped or double frames, which is quite visible.

Not as easy as you think. OnSceneLoaded is not reliable, there are a lot of things it does not take into account.

If you want to sync with your monitor, use VSync. Framerate limit it pretty much useles, if it is close to your monitor refresh rate. You get skipped or double frames, which is quite visible.
Yeah OnSceneLoaded has coursed me no end of pain telling a me a scene has loaded when it hasn't. I ended up using it with a delay of a few seconds to get me passed a few issues. But in this instance I know it'll work (I might have hacked a version of my own...) it means that at least most of the scene is loaded and character is loaded before it pauses. Without, I find it sticks during the loading phase which means you can leave it for an hour, come back and click on the window and then it continues to load the rest of the scene. So anyway, works well enough for me.

As for the frame rates, yes vsync is the better option, but I like the contol of different frames your plugin offers - again I've hacked my own version. Was more a comment to adjust for others.

Back
Top Bottom