hub dependencies change randomly

thx1138

Reactions
Thanks for adding the hub dependencies and like the plans to have functionality to better auto-download missing dependency vars when needed.

I notice though that my correctly auto-listed dependencies from yesterday have all gone today(not found on hub). I am guessing that this feature is under development and that is part of why the correct dependencies have gone - so I'll go back to the practice as others do of listing the dependencies in the overview for now.

We have been able to replicate the issue. The var scan is having an issue with your meta.json probably due to character combo in the credits section. My web developer is looking into it.

We have been able to replicate the issue. The var scan is having an issue with your meta.json probably due to character combo in the credits section. My web developer is looking into it.
Thanks, I cut and pasted the dependency text back into the credits section of the meta.json file within the var. I can strip the credits of problem character combos or whitespace if causing an issue and not able to filter.

I think it is probably the !# characters in the Mofme dependency that is the issue. But we should really fix to support anything that is legal json. This meta.json file reads fine into VaM itself. If you want to fix just to get your dependencies tab back, you could do that now though.

I think it is probably the !# characters in the Mofme dependency that is the issue. But we should really fix to support anything that is legal json. This meta.json file reads fine into VaM itself. If you want to fix just to get your dependencies tab back, you could do that now though.

The new dependencies I added were the below lines, the dependencies seemed to work ok with Mofme(in version 6) and the earlier ones - I went ahead and blanked out the meta.json credit section for now and all the auto-dependencies are correctly showing now.

JayJayWon.OrificeAligner.2 By: JayJayWon License: CC BY-NC-SA Link: https://www.patreon.com/JayJayWon
MacGruber.Life.10 By: MacGruber License: CC BY-SA Link: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/life.165/

FYI it was the line breaks in the credits that were causing the issue. We've fixed this moving forward., though any time someone manually edits the meta.json file it can potentially cause issues. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often (I think this was only the second out of 1000+ uploads).

Back
Top Bottom