Resource Dependencies on the Hub

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hi. Just noticed the new Dependency tab for resources. Great!

However, it does link to the newest version of a dependency, not the actually needed version. Also, if a resource consists of multiple files, you don't know which you actually need. I would recommend linking directly to the correct file needed.

Example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/secretroom.75/dependencies
It actually needs Essentials.2 and Life.6, but links to versions 5 and 10.

Possibly it makes sense to include the links used for generating the var.depend.txt into the meta.json inside the VAR, so the Hub can extract that. That way you could offer links for non-Hub resources as well.

Also maybe there is a way to make clearer that only the SecretRoom Demo actually has dependencies...SecretRoom itself doesn't. Potentially list dependencies per VAR, not per Resource.

Good suggestions on the versioning and making ti more clear which specific vars have dependencies... we're still working on tweaking a few things and ironing out some minor bugs, and I'll add these to the mix as well.

It would be great if there was a way to differentiate between dependencies of a var and the dependencies of dependencies. I know the meta.json includes this information but when someone opens up your resource on the hub and sees 44 dependencies because the 10 it is actually using are flagging another 34 it can drive people off. I know I have passed on several myself when I saw 60+ dependencies.

Back
Top Bottom