Hub resource file size limit

WrongTamago

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I just tried uploading a very large VAR (1.42 GB) and I can't because it says that it can't process that much. I see that some other resources have been split up (looks like the limit could be around 400 500 MB). Is that my only option?

It's a bunch of clothing textures and presets, so I could split them up by clothing type, but it might be a little awkward to browse through. I suppose people could use flattened VAR view.

Is it a file storage issue, or a browser buffering issue, or something else? Is splitting it up (potentially into 4 parts) a good option here? I've also thought about making a split zip file, but that means that users would have to extract it manually, so it couldn't be downloaded in game.

If large VARs become more popular in the future, could VaM maybe handle multi-part VARs? Just an idea.

Last edited:
So it doesn't let me upload files named *.001, *.002, etc. (split zip files).

I would say you should split into multiple smaller VARs. Say some creator would like to use one clothing item from your package in a scene and then share the scene. All users would have to download 1.42 GB and having it around on their SSD just to make the scene work.

Good reasoning. I shall do that then. Looks like the limit is exactly 500 MB.

Edit: And done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom