Height Measure Plugin

Plugins Height Measure Plugin

lfe

Featured Contributor
Reactions
lfe submitted a new resource:

Height Measure Plugin - Measure your creation

Measures proportions of the Virt-A-Mate character.

This pairs well with things like the Height Reference Scene

Quickstart

Add this plugin to the Virt-A-Mate character that you would like to have measured.

Make sure to reset the pose to a T-pose under Person > Control & Physics 1 > Reset Pose

As you change the character scale and morphs, the updated measurements should calculate.

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

There are some typo here!
C#:
public int BustToInches => Mathf.RoundToInt(UnitUtils.UnityToFeet(Underbust ) * 12);
public int UnderbustToCentimeters => Mathf.RoundToInt(Bust * 100);

There are some typo here!
C#:
public int BustToInches => Mathf.RoundToInt(UnitUtils.UnityToFeet(Underbust ) * 12);
public int UnderbustToCentimeters => Mathf.RoundToInt(Bust * 100);
Thank you!

I wrote a script for korean industrial standards

Attachments

• KSK9404CupCalculator.cs
    889 bytes · Views: 0
Suggestion/Requests:
* Toggle for switching measurement system (metric/imperial) Presenting measurements in both systems leads to a bit of ... 'visual clutter', IMO?
* I like the idea of representing body height in 'heads', but there's something odd going on with the way the plugin rounds the result - eg. it tells me my character is 174cm tall, that her head is 21cm and that hence, she stands 8.0 heads tall. Dunno what precision VaM's floats have, but shouldn't it be 8.3? (174/21~8,29)

Suggestion/Requests:
* Toggle for switching measurement system (metric/imperial) Presenting measurements in both systems leads to a bit of ... 'visual clutter', IMO?
* I like the idea of representing body height in 'heads', but there's something odd going on with the way the plugin rounds the result - eg. it tells me my character is 174cm tall, that her head is 21cm and that hence, she stands 8.0 heads tall. Dunno what precision VaM's floats have, but shouldn't it be 8.3? (174/21~8,29)

Great feedback I will look into that.

Great feedback I will look into that.

Some more propositions, if I may?

* An option to write a set of measurements to a file (I think it'd be advantageous to store them somewhere in the 'customs' folder, rather than 'save'?)
* An option to read such a set of measurements into your plugin, obvsly.
* An option to visually represent two sets of measurements simultaneously (eg one in green, the other in red?)

Do you know Gegecucu's 'Intimate Moment' scene? He (She? They?) had a brilliant idea to help users determine whether their favorite char would work in the scene - he created a (frontal) snapshot of the scene's default char, added some visual markers similar to the ones your plugin provides, projected that onto a semi-transparent plane, and then moved the char and the image (and the player's viewport) such that both would be superimposed (without parallax). So the user had a simple, powerfully intuitive method of gauging whether potential differences where relevant or not.

It'd be great to have such a simple, intuitive way of comparing measurements visually - our brains are pretty good at processing stuff like that almost instantaneously. Not so good at computing ratios and then figuring out what's relevant and what isn't.

Some more propositions, if I may?

* An option to write a set of measurements to a file (I think it'd be advantageous to store them somewhere in the 'customs' folder, rather than 'save'?)
* An option to read such a set of measurements into your plugin, obvsly.
* An option to visually represent two sets of measurements simultaneously (eg one in green, the other in red?)

Do you know Gegecucu's 'Intimate Moment' scene? He (She? They?) had a brilliant idea to help users determine whether their favorite char would work in the scene - he created a (frontal) snapshot of the scene's default char, added some visual markers similar to the ones your plugin provides, projected that onto a semi-transparent plane, and then moved the char and the image (and the player's viewport) such that both would be superimposed (without parallax). So the user had a simple, powerfully intuitive method of gauging whether potential differences where relevant or not.

It'd be great to have such a simple, intuitive way of comparing measurements visually - our brains are pretty good at processing stuff like that almost instantaneously. Not so good at computing ratios and then figuring out what's relevant and what isn't.

oh I see, so a way to have “actual” and a “target” - maybe
I’ll call it “secondary reference”. I have considered that for sure but for a different use case. Knowing some desired model measurements, show those guides in a different color just like you suggested.

Right now it is just a matter of time but I’ll get to these changes in the next few weeks.

My next fix is an internal change only - improve measurement accuracy by basing points on actual vertex placements instead of my current, just ok, approximations.

oh I see, so a way to have “actual” and a “target” - maybe
I’ll call it “secondary reference”. I have considered that for sure but for a different use case. Knowing some desired model measurements, show those guides in a different color just like you suggested.

I can imagine quite a few usecases: Check compatibility of desired char with the char an animation was built for, as mentioned above; editing morph-presets - especially when swapping heads or other 'regions' of morphs from one char to the other. EtcEtc,

That's why I was hoping you'd give us the option to export/import measurements - that would give us the maximum in flexibility.

Right now it is just a matter of time but I’ll get to these changes in the next few weeks.

Ok, by 10:00 AM Monday then, right? :cool:

My next fix is an internal change only - improve measurement accuracy by basing points on actual vertex placements instead of my current, just ok, approximations.

Didn't doofenschmalphys work quite a bit on that? I recall him debating quite a lot with [Author_of_ActiveMorphs_plugin_whose_name_I_forgot] in the official discord last year- He wrote a measurement plugin, similar to yours (I think it's free on his patreon. Either that, or what I have on my installation is a late beta he published in the official discord. Or smth). Could maybe help you avoid wasting time on re-inventing the wheel?

I can imagine quite a few usecases: Check compatibility of desired char with the char an animation was built for, as mentioned above; editing morph-presets - especially when swapping heads or other 'regions' of morphs from one char to the other. EtcEtc,

That's why I was hoping you'd give us the option to export/import measurements - that would give us the maximum in flexibility.

Ok, by 10:00 AM Monday then, right? :cool:

Didn't doofenschmalphys work quite a bit on that? I recall him debating quite a lot with [Author_of_ActiveMorphs_plugin_whose_name_I_forgot] in the official discord last year- He wrote a measurement plugin, similar to yours (I think it's free on his patreon. Either that, or what I have on my installation is a late beta he published in the official discord. Or smth). Could maybe help you avoid wasting time on re-inventing the wheel?

Thanks. I took a look at that plugin and it approximates things with ellipses. I recently, in the last day, found a way to get the true vertex positions of the morphed meshes of both male and female characters and am experimenting with that now.

Suggestion/Requests:

Lots of changes based on your feedback @Case .

- Hope the measurement is correct now
- Measuring unit choice - not 100% happy with how it turned out but can not place it
- Manual measurement guides as an option
- Add this to any atom: manual measurement mode only Example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48364&slide=0
- Add this to a person atom: auto and manual measurement allowed Example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48363&slide=0

Let me know if you have more feedback it is nice to have someone like this.

Lots of changes based on your feedback @Case .

- Hope the measurement is correct now
- Measuring unit choice - not 100% happy with how it turned out but can not place it
- Manual measurement guides as an option
- Add this to any atom: manual measurement mode only Example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48364&slide=0
- Add this to a person atom: auto and manual measurement allowed Example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48363&slide=0
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48363&slide=0
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/height-measure-plugin.7017/#lg=attachment48363&slide=0

Yay! I'll try giving you feedback as soon as I've tested it.

Could I also impose on you to maybe have a talk with AcidBubbles? There are maybe some overlaps between your plugins/areas of interest (the 'Embody'-plugin in his case). For starters, neither of us (AB, yours truly) has any idea what friggin units of measurement VaM uses internally ...

What I can tell you so far from running AB's Embody in parallel to the ... previous? ... version of Heightmeasurement is that Embody always gives the same answer for a persons' size, independent of the char's pose, while your Heightmeasurement's results do change when pose is changed (eg. your plugin will tell me that both the default female and male in T-Pose stand 174cm tall (corresponding to 1.69 whateverunits in Embody), but that changes to 177cm when they assume Embody's 'possession-ready-pose' (actually looks to me like 'at attention'-stance in the military, but ymmv ...;)))

Let me know if you have more feedback it is nice to have someone like this.

Uhmmmmh - actually, I was worrying about getting on your nerves a bit ...? YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? ;)

Back
Top Bottom