Do you prefer LOOK resources with dependencies or with files contained in VARs?

Do you prefer (LOOK) resources with dependencies or with files contained in VARs?

• Independent LOOK, even if resources are duplicated in VAM (hair, clothes, skins, plugins, CUA)

• Independent LOOK, even if resources are duplicated in VAM, excluding plugins

• Independent LOOK, even if resources are duplicated in VAM, excluding plugins and CUA

• Does it really matter, dude...?

• Dependent (on clothes, CUA and plugins etc.) LOOK, but with skin, clothes and hair, if edited

• Dependent VAR, only with original and edited content inside

Results are only viewable after voting.

Senpai-chan.jpg

Reactions
Do you prefer resources with dependencies or with files contained in VARs? E.g. appearance (LOOK resource), you prefer if there are fewer dependencies, even if resources were to duplicate, or rather independent resources (with respect for CC and so on, of course)?

I am confused with your question and the options.

Update:

Ok, I think I get it now the question, but the phrasing of the options is still confusing. Is a "dependent VAR" a VAR with dependencies, etc?
Please don't make copies of things and force them in the VAR, that's what dependencies and VARs exist for. No one wants to have 200 copies of Lexi's hair or anything else.

Last edited:
I am confused with your question and the options.

Update:

Ok, I think I get it now.
Please don't make copies of things and force them in the VAR, that's what dependencies and VARs exist for. No one wants to have 200 copies of Lexi's hair or anything else.
I'm not a native English speaker, maybe this is the case.
I want to publish a LOOK resource and add a bunch of other stuff in there than just morph. The question is whether it would be better to include clothes etc in the VAR file even if they are not mine, or rely on Dependencies.

Dependencies always. Only include as part of a VAR clothes that you make and/or are not Hub hosted (and you are allowed to include).

You might even want to split your own stuff into multiple VARs. Like one VAR that contains the look and another that contains the demo scene. Because you may have various dependencies (e.g. plugins, environments, ...) just for the scene that are not needed if someone just wants your look for their own scene release. Also it can make sense to have the skin as separate VAR, if its used for multiple looks, etc.

Note that you can puslish multiple VAR as a single resource on the Hub. There is no downside of this, just makes other creators lives a little easier.

You might even want to split your own stuff into multiple VARs. Like one VAR that contains the look and another that contains the demo scene. Because you may have various dependencies (e.g. plugins, environments, ...) just for the scene that are not needed if someone just wants your look for their own scene release. Also it can make sense to have the skin as separate VAR, if its used for multiple looks, etc.

Note that you can puslish multiple VAR as a single resource on the Hub. There is no downside of this, just makes other creators lives a little easier.
Uhmm... Sounds like a bit of work.... But it's actually a pretty good idea.

Would you like to share your opinion on this thread?

One part is is questioning the recommendation shown in the Resource upload page to include a demo scene, asking whether it should stay as is or updated to a different setup like the one you present.

Back
Top Bottom