(Poll) What is your preferred method for sharing/saving/loading looks?

What is your preferred method for sharing/saving/loading looks?

• 1a) appearance preset

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • 1b) general preset

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2a) legacy look

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2b) legacy preset

• 3) regular scene

• -no preference-

• Total voters

RandomVAMUser

Reactions
Quick little poll, out of curiosity. :unsure:
how are you doing it...or prefer others to do...

EDIT: It appears you can have only 1 poll per thread, so i had to simplify it (only 1 anonymous vote).
oh and i prefer appearance presets...

EDIT2: i just gonna put this link here for "newcomers" (I know, i know...for rest of you this is old news)
as pointed by DJ, legacy look can break stuff when loaded (legacy presets even more with root node)

Last edited:
For my own use within VAM I prefer appearance presets and for sharing purposes I prefer scenes.

I formerly have used looks, but after a while I switched to appearence presets when they came out.
The only thing I really hate about looks being shared as scenes is (aside from ridiculous big file sizes) is, that you can't find them easy between all those "real" scenes. If I want to keep a shared look (not often), I immediately save it as appearance preset.

I really would like to have all looks in one place and "real" scenes in an other one, but I can understand that creators would like to present their creations in the most impressive way with all the drums and whistles.
I appreciate it very much if some few creators do share their looks as both, scenes AND presets.

I always use looks, that's what it was made for and it works without any hassle.
Loading looks into scenes can break them. Various triggers and scripts are set to work on the person atom by name, and loading a look can change that name.

Back
Top Bottom