Simple script to download resource and dependencies from browser

ijsk

Reactions
Hi guys!

I have made a simple js script that automates your downloading of resource with lots of dependencies from your web browser, and want to share it here. Saves time when you need to download it straight from the site. It opens download dialog window for all dependencies and the resource itself.

How to use:
go to resource. Open "Dependencies" page. Open developer console in your browser (F12 if you are using Firefox). Paste this script and run it:

elms = $(".button--cta"); for (let i = 0; i < elms.length; ++i) { window.open($(elms[ i ]).attr('href'), '_blank').focus(); }

Since it opens links in a separate windows, it may request a pop up permission on a first run.

Don't know how long it will work since it is based on a particular class of a download button on a dependencies page, though. But for now it do the job, glad if somebody will find it handy :)

If you download all the dependencies you're going to have tons of repeated downloaded packages, not counting even the ones you already have in AddonPackages.
If you just download the main resource and move them to the AddonPackages, all you need to do inside VaM is press a button to "Download all dependencies" and you'll have everything you need, without the copies.

Thank you for the effort in making and sharing it, but you're potentially going to create problems you don't need to have when a 1 click solution already exists.

Back
Top Bottom