• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

Thanks, that brought up some results I did not see before. Now I can try out this plugin and see why others like it so much!
On the Decal Maker page at bottom are some photos describing the UI. It is a bit outdated and I need to make a new tutorial.

For resources https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/authors/chokaphi.36/ Look for the ones tagged DecalMaker resource packs. Just make sure to grab the needed dependencies.

I like this plugin very much !thank you for your great job !
I found a bug (I think). I change Decal's Alpha to 0.5 for example , But after save Preset, I found the Alpha value is still 1 in preset file , like this: "Alpha" : "1", and when I load this preset ,the Alpha value change to 1.

I like this plugin very much !thank you for your great job !
I found a bug (I think). I change Decal's Alpha to 0.5 for example , But after save Preset, I found the Alpha value is still 1 in preset file , like this: "Alpha" : "1", and when I load this preset ,the Alpha value change to 1.

Yeah, looks like a bug. I pushed this release early because VAM patch broke it. Some wip features must have affected save system

Hi, I'm new to VAM and I'm trying to figure out how to use the video option for eyes, could I get some guidance?

Do videos need to be specifically 4096x4096 mp4 files to work? And should the video be just the animation itself, or does it need to be in a similar format to iris textures (where there are two irises and two eyeballs in a 2x2 grid).

Hi, I'm new to VAM and I'm trying to figure out how to use the video option for eyes, could I get some guidance?

Do videos need to be specifically 4096x4096 mp4 files to work? And should the video be just the animation itself, or does it need to be in a similar format to iris textures (where there are two irises and two eyeballs in a 2x2 grid).

The video needs to be a power of 2 (square) so 512*512 or 1024*1024, 2048*2048, 4096 * 4096. The bigger the size the more detailed but bigger memory and performance hit. For eyes you probably do not need to use a large size.

Yes, "(where there are two irises and two eyeballs in a 2x2 grid)."

The video behaving the same as a normal eye texture so in the sample video I made, I opened a eye texture and made a new layer over just the iris portion and did a simple rotation loop in photoshop. The video is in black and white since I do not have the greenscreen code in for alpha blending videos implemented yet.

Here is some test textures/vids I made for testing. Both are overkill for actual use
e
bree eye decal test.png

I love this and its the best way to create and view skin presets. Dont even want to use the default skins preset window.

One question though; Can the decal plugin auto-populate with the current skin materials? Right now you need to build each 16 images (4x4), OR use the Chokapi Preset.

Im working with the idea that the decal maker already has the worn skin materials displayed before you add any additional layers. Could it just import the current state AS an image layer?

This would mean I could open all of my existing and new (vam) skin presets and rapid convert them into the Chokapi Presets.

This is important for any rapid content digestion, AND I think that using the base textures as a layer allows you to put textures under the base skin layer instead of only layering ontop.

Bug Report: Unless I'm doing something very wrong, iris decals don't seem to save properly. I can add them like any other decal, but when I save and reload the scene they're gone.

Bug Report: Unless I'm doing something very wrong, iris decals don't seem to save properly. I can add them like any other decal, but when I save and reload the scene they're gone.

The iris decal system is incomplete. It was released early because the recent patch broke DecalMaker's UI. It is about 50% complete and no save system has been hooked in yet.

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

RC 3 : Is Triggers are wonderful things

• Added: JSONStorableUrl ("Load Preset File") that allows directly loading of a preset *json
    Just pass in the URL path and it will be loaded and applied.

• Added: JSONStorableUrl (“Add new *”) that allows triggers to create new panels. Pass in a image URL to have a new panel (Decal, Spec, Gloss, Norm) made.

• Added:Experimental Support for loading and saving Decal Maker presets with the built in VAM Appearance preset. When a detected Appearance preset is loaded the user will be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

With the latest DM update, I'm getting an error:

!> Error during attempt to load assetbundle Custom/Scripts/Chokaphi/VAM_Decal_Maker/Icons/chokpahi-decal.assetbundle. Not valid
!> Decal Maker was unable to load chokpahi-decal.assetbundle

With the latest DM update, I'm getting an error:

!> Error during attempt to load assetbundle Custom/Scripts/Chokaphi/VAM_Decal_Maker/Icons/chokpahi-decal.assetbundle. Not valid
!> Decal Maker was unable to load chokpahi-decal.assetbundle

Sorry was a stupid mistake on my part. The rewritten shader loader was not using the right path when the plugin was packaged into a VAR file.

Hello just got the courage to try thus plug-in out as it seem difficult to use at first. Loving it do far. Just one question. Once I use the plug-in to create a new decal and save the preset, doni have to use this plugin everytime I want to use this preset on my model, or can I just apply my newly created decals in the decal section of skin textures? I tried to load my created decal in the skin texture decal section of VAM but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hello just got the courage to try thus plug-in out as it seem difficult to use at first. Loving it do far. Just one question. Once I use the plug-in to create a new decal and save the preset, doni have to use this plugin everytime I want to use this preset on my model, or can I just apply my newly created decals in the decal section of skin textures? I tried to load my created decal in the skin texture decal section of VAM but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Decal Maker does not save the final texture because it would cause a lot of complaints and issues about who "owns" and has rights to the final textures. See previous dramas when a skin texture is used as a base for another look. There is also Daz liscenesing issues that become problimatic if I allow the built in textures to be exported.

So you will need to have Decal Maker installed to use the presets/built textures.

Sorry was a stupid mistake on my part. The rewritten shader loader was not using the right path when the plugin was packaged into a VAR file.
Thanks for the quick fix.

I take it that the issues mentioned above re licensing and ownership are the reason you can't point to a var file as a source of textures? Any var file can be unpacked to a directory and used in place of the var. That would allow DM to use the unpacked texture files. It would be nice if the plugin could simply look inside the var.

The other enhancement that would be tops on my list is to duplicate the functionality of the Daz Layered Image Editor where you can take some generic decal like a tattoo, apply it, move it around, scale it to fit and then save the preset. As it is now, you have to have fully designed overlays in the UV of the target model.

Thanks for the quick fix.

I take it that the issues mentioned above re licensing and ownership are the reason you can't point to a var file as a source of textures? Any var file can be unpacked to a directory and used in place of the var. That would allow DM to use the unpacked texture files. It would be nice if the plugin could simply look inside the var.

The other enhancement that would be tops on my list is to duplicate the functionality of the Daz Layered Image Editor where you can take some generic decal like a tattoo, apply it, move it around, scale it to fit and then save the preset. As it is now, you have to have fully designed overlays in the UV of the target model.

The plugin can already use textures and presets that are inside VAR's, when you browse textures use the Left window in VAM's browser to look at vars.

The above problem is related to the final baked textures that decal maker applys to the model. Some of those final textures are using parts of the daz textures built into VAM that are not allowed to be saved out.
Then you have issues if you use Paid texture A combined with Free texture B saved as new texture C. Can you share texture C??
personally I don't care but there have been many dramas over photoshop edits.

Saving bits of the Daz licensed textures built in thou could cause liscenesing legal issues for MeshVR so this plugin will never allow saving.

Decal Maker does not save the final texture because it would cause a lot of complaints and issues about who "owns" and has rights to the final textures. See previous dramas when a skin texture is used as a base for another look. There is also Daz liscenesing issues that become problimatic if I allow the built in textures to be exported.

So you will need to have Decal Maker installed to use the presets/built textures.

Got it thx for the help

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

RC 4: I made a terrible GIMP

Added: Move, scale, and Export decals.
To Use:
  • Add decals like usual.
  • Use the Edit textures button in the top UI.
  • Use sliders to select the region and then the Decal to edit.
  • Drag texture to reposition.
  • Drag small cyan button to reposition the rotation pivot point.
Bugs: There are still issues with rotation and scaling when the center point is not default

View attachment 234478

Read the rest of this update entry...

You've done a great job, I'm delighted! Moving textures is something I've been dreaming about for a long time!

Back
Top Bottom