Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

The current Spec/gloss shader does not have an adjuster. It is currently a 50/50 lerp between colors. Internally I have the sliders hidden for now. I just need to have some time to write an adjustable shader version. It might make it into my next release, at least this post will remind me to work on it
In the interim of you making sliders @Chokaphi for gloss and spec, is there a way in the code for me to open a certain json file and change the 50% to another percentage manually? I'd love to use the full normal, spec, gloss and start setting up presets.

By the way, this is by far the best plugin for me out of all 100's of others and why I use VAM.

I hesitate to say this, but if you put the remaining work on patreon or had a place we could donate to help continue the work on this plugin, which I cant use vam without, I and I'm certain other generous VAM user's would be willing to donate to encourage, reward and compensate for your time sir.

In the interim of you making sliders @Chokaphi for gloss and spec, is there a way in the code for me to open a certain json file and change the 50% to another percentage manually? I'd love to use the full normal, spec, gloss and start setting up presets.

By the way, this is by far the best plugin for me out of all 100's of others and why I use VAM.

I hesitate to say this, but if you put the remaining work on patreon or had a place we could donate to help continue the work on this plugin, which I cant use vam without, I and I'm certain other generous VAM user's would be willing to donate to encourage, reward and compensate for your time sir.

It is the compiled shader asset that does not have any way to adjust the blend. I will need to write a new shader and compile a new asset in Unity before I can turn on the sliders in c#

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

RC6: Here Kitty Kitty

Reduced memory footprint further. I would love to see comparisons from older Decal Maker versions vs RC6 to see if the improvements are universal.

Improved Rendering when editing textures.

WIP: Added a new Genital building UI.

• Fix: Decals disappearing when adding 20+ decal layers.
  • Fix: Flickering when updating Decal with 10+ layers.
  • Fix: Bug with Normal Maps. Set to the same strength, A single normal applied via DM should now match what the it would look like if applied...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Christmas again already!? Thank you @Chokaphi, this update is KITTYTASTIC!!! Any chance I can buy you a coffee or 16 for all the hard wonderful work? Where's your donation link dude?

"Tired of opening Photoshop to merge textures for use in VAM"

Merging textures did not work.
Rotating textures is problematic because it only rotates one direction
Positioning textures in VR is really, really tough. Need button arrows to micro move textures instead of using the VR headset as the targeting system.

Hey Chokaphi, first off just really appreciate this plugin. Seriously opens up a world of possibilities :)

Quick report about a bug I've been having in VR lately: issues clicking on the "load decalmaker settings" buttons that appear when loading an appearance. The buttons themselves are unclickable in VR, and won't go away once you load an appearance with decalmaker settings saved to it. Have to toggle on desktop mode and select a button from there to make them go away:
1683067914716.png

Saw your response about "always on top" checked, and while mine is checked (or unchecked) it makes no difference to these buttons being interactive. having just this plugin loaded, with no session or other person plugins, makes no difference. When I do try to click one of the options, I select w/e button/atom is behind it instead.

Again, desktop mode is fine and the issue is only in VR mode.

Hey Chokaphi, first off just really appreciate this plugin. Seriously opens up a world of possibilities :)

Quick report about a bug I've been having in VR lately: issues clicking on the "load decalmaker settings" buttons that appear when loading an appearance. The buttons themselves are unclickable in VR, and won't go away once you load an appearance with decalmaker settings saved to it. Have to toggle on desktop mode and select a button from there to make them go away:
View attachment 240788

Saw your response about "always on top" checked, and while mine is checked (or unchecked) it makes no difference to these buttons being interactive. having just this plugin loaded, with no session or other person plugins, makes no difference. When I do try to click one of the options, I select w/e button/atom is behind it instead.

Again, desktop mode is fine and the issue is only in VR mode.

I will check to see what the problem is. I had to move that UI elsewhere for compatibility with tittymagic and that may have broken VR clicks

Hi! Awesome plugin! I made a good looking texture by mixing some texture layers. Is there a way to merge the layers and save it as a texture? So I can load it in skin textures?
There's probably a better way, but what I do is go into edit, export each decal for a region somewhere, then open them all in paint 3d (free from windows), load one, then click import the rest, import being in the same menu as save and open. Save that new file as the combined decals

There's probably a better way, but what I do is go into edit, export each decal for a region somewhere, then open them all in paint 3d (free from windows), load one, then click import the rest, import being in the same menu as save and open. Save that new file as the combined decals
Thx ! i'm going to try

Finally had a chance to try RC 7 and it's awesome the gloss and spec sliders work! The bad is now no matter what I try the normal slider dont work at all to have effect on the person atom normal skin and I've tried everything I thought might be a local problem but it's just not working for me - can anyone confirm the normal sliders dont work in RC 7 or am I being stupid? Thanks!
1683933217032.png

Finally had a chance to try RC 7 and it's awesome the gloss and spec sliders work! The bad is now no matter what I try the normal slider dont work at all to have effect on the person atom normal skin and I've tried everything I thought might be a local problem but it's just not working for me - can anyone confirm the normal sliders dont work in RC 7 or am I being stupid? Thanks!
View attachment 244353

You are correct, It looks like the packaged VAR has the wrong assetbundle version! That contains the shaders used.

So the c# code is calling the wrong Name for the normal shader values.

You can open the VAM_Decal_Maker.cs and replace all occurrences of _BumpMapScale with _BumpMapBlend which should get Normals working.

I will build and release a new version when I get a chance later.

Sorry for another ping @Chokaphi but with the latest version I noticed things I do to the atom with the decal plugin, like add a hair preset, or use another plugin such as ones for posing, on the female will trigger all the decal images sliders to go from where I had them to full 100% to the right, or completely opaque.

Is there a way to disable the triggers as I think those are somehow being called and triggering the sliders to fully move nontransparent with certain actions? Thank you

Sorry for another ping @Chokaphi but with the latest version I noticed things I do to the atom with the decal plugin, like add a hair preset, or use another plugin such as ones for posing, on the female will trigger all the decal images sliders to go from where I had them to full 100% to the right, or completely opaque.

Is there a way to disable the triggers as I think those are somehow being called and triggering the sliders to fully move nontransparent with certain actions? Thank you

Can you upload one of the hair/appearnce preset that triggers it? Not sure where to start digging

Can you upload one of the hair/appearnce preset that triggers it? Not sure where to start digging
I'll do some more testing to narrow it down to save you as much time as possible and ensure this is really a bug. I have about 25 session plugins loading which any one of them could be the cause. I'll keep you posted. Thanks @chok

I'll do some more testing to narrow it down to save you as much time as possible and ensure this is really a bug. I have about 25 session plugins loading which any one of them could be the cause. I'll keep you posted. Thanks @chok

Thanks, my first suspicion would be that I added a way for DecalMaker to save data into Appearance presets, that data should not auto apply thou. It existing just prompts you with the load/merge/replace dialog.

Just to clarify, is it just the sliders in Decal Maker that reset or does in affect the sliders and the actual decal images? Is it a slider visual glitch or is it actually resetting data?

It could be some weird interaction since I have not been able to replicate, but VAM presets are technically not supposed to contain plugin data so I may be breaking some expected behavior.

To clarify, it is the decal sliders that slide full on but this hasn't been happening lately, but one thing I cant figure out is how to set the little * that locks a slider in place so when it's moved, none of the other sliders move with it. What I find happening here is I'll load a preset full of decals, like 15 on each 4 of the decal options, and all the gray squares are blank by default, no stars locking them in place, and unless I'm conscious of it I'll move the blank gray slider and the positions on the other sliders follow it and their precise slider placement is lost and I reload to start all over

I try to rem to always make all my default blank gray squares a star, but @Chokaphi, is there a way to have my presets load with every square a star by default and when I want to use the paired slider option I can? I LOVE the duplicate slider option, I use that constantly and cant thank you enough for this plugin (y)

To clarify, it is the decal sliders that slide full on but this hasn't been happening lately, but one thing I cant figure out is how to set the little * that locks a slider in place so when it's moved, none of the other sliders move with it. What I find happening here is I'll load a preset full of decals, like 15 on each 4 of the decal options, and all the gray squares are blank by default, no stars locking them in place, and unless I'm conscious of it I'll move the blank gray slider and the positions on the other sliders follow it and their precise slider placement is lost and I reload to start all over

I try to rem to always make all my default blank gray squares a star, but @Chokaphi, is there a way to have my presets load with every square a star by default and when I want to use the paired slider option I can? I LOVE the duplicate slider option, I use that constantly and cant thank you enough for this plugin (y)

By default all new decals are supposed to start set to * The current * setting is copied when using the copy button.
It sounds like the preset you are talking about load with no value set?

Can you get me a copy of that preset?
You might need to set the values to * and re save the preset .

The * does not lock a slider in place. The * means the color and slider controls only affects that decal. A number value means all decal sliders with that same number sync and keep the same color and slider values. If one changes they all change.

** Looked over the code and I can see that if the string is empty it will pass as a linked panel with other empty value panels. I will change the logic to where only valid 1-20 are evaluated.

I'm testing anew to see if any of the grief I'm experiencing is self inflicted since I used to, until today upon behaving smarter, use both an older version unpaked in loose script folder and a VAR version of the latest one and I'd do that until I knew how the latest version worked and that there was nothing wonky going to occur with my precious decal files -

So today I figured out I can unpack each version, 33, 34, 35, and edit the VAM_Decal_Maker.cs to replace the pointer to each iterations separate folder's files such as "C:\Users\user\Downloads\VAM\Custom\SCRIPTS\Chokaphi\VAM_Decal_Maker35/Icons/chokpahi-decal.assetbundle/ while I test and it's all working so far in this way outside the VAR which I've always preferred over VARS - I know I can also edit the script in the VARs themselves and repack the same way and I might if this testing method goes awry - so, sorry for any headaches @Chokaphi

@Chokaphi Since a while now I get the following error messages:
!> Decal Maker: Error resetting custom textures System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at VAM_Decal_Maker.Decal_Maker.RestoreGPUMats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VAM_Decal_Maker.Decal_Maker.ResetOriginalGPUTextures (.DAZCharacter dAZCharacter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any idea what could it be? I'm already on your latest release.

!> Decal Maker: Error resetting custom textures System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at VAM_Decal_Maker.Decal_Maker.RestoreGPUMats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VAM_Decal_Maker.Decal_Maker.ResetOriginalGPUTextures (.DAZCharacter dAZCharacter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You might try rebooting, ensuring you've got the latest version of VAM_Decal_Maker then before starting up vam, clearing your vam cache in vam/cache/PackageJSON/ to purge any possibly conflicting older version cache files and renaming, just to test, this folder under vam/custom/scripts/chokaphi to /chokaphi-testout (in case you dont want to lose any of your presets by deleting the VAM_Decal_Maker folder)

After that, load up vam and retest.

If there's still an issue temp disable any session plugins, re-do the above cache and rename or delete it enterly if you either dont have any presets or dont care - in a brand new install of vam with it updated to the latest version it should work and if it doesn't, it cant be the VAM_Decal_Maker var since it works on anyone else's vam install - I'm saying that to help you troubleshoot your instance as that's what's suspect.

Last edited:
@Chokaphi is VAM_Decal_Maker designed to be used on multiple person atoms of the same gender in a scene? I ask because I've noticed when I have two or more girl atoms with decal maker used on them there's only one instance of the asset bundle loaded and the first girl I add decal maker tends to have all decals turn white requiring a full plugin reload on both persons.

If it is designed with multiple same gender persons in a scene, (how are two person atoms sharing one asset bundle) then it could just be my install of vam which is heavily loaded with about 30 session plugins I used each play session. Thanks man

1684623475759.png

@Chokaphi is VAM_Decal_Maker designed to be used on multiple person atoms of the same gender in a scene? I ask because I've noticed when I have two or more girl atoms with decal maker used on them there's only one instance of the asset bundle loaded and the first girl I add decal maker tends to have all decals turn white requiring a full plugin reload on both persons.

If it is designed with multiple same gender persons in a scene, (how are two person atoms sharing one asset bundle) then it could just be my install of vam which is heavily loaded with about 30 session plugins I used each play session. Thanks man

View attachment 247661

In older versions the asset bundle was my way of smuggling in Shaders into unity. Each instance of DM would just look for the already existing shaders.
In current version each instance of DM is supposed to load the needed shaders directly by using VAM's built in loader so no asset bundle should show in the list.

I rarely use more that 2 characters with only 1 running DM so I will look into things.

Is that occurring on a specific VAM skin/character? Basically when the figure is loaded, DM copys all the current textures. When the character is changed we put those textures back, so the figure is in a default state.
The error seems to be implying we failed to save the original textures and we are trying to reapply null's

Clearing the cache might help, if you can give me a repeatable set of steps?

Back
Top Bottom