• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Resource icon

Plugins Preset Maker Release 2

Chokaphi

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Chokaphi submitted a new resource:

Preset Maker - Auto generate Apperance, Skin, Clothing and Hair presets from all VARs on your system.

Plugin to automate creation of Appearance, Skin, Hair, and Clothing presets from all Scenes in VAR files on a users system.

Plugin will attempt to prevent duplicate presets and can be stopped (SPACE Button) and resumed at a later time without loosing what has been processed.
  1. Load a scene and set up lighting, pose and scene to what you want for your preset screenshots.
  2. Load plugin on person.
  3. Open the plugin UI.
  4. On Left Side select which presets you want to save...

Read more about this resource...

One 'small' request, could you do the same for the ./saves/scene folder, I have a lot of content that is not VARed. and I agree about the conversion looks -> apparence could be cool too. I'm testing right now, hyped!

Right now it is focused on VAR files, but I will look at adding look to appearance conversion from a folder/s. Are these files saved as scenes or the old look system?

I am also making a companion plugin that will just allow you to select any file and load the look/hair/skin/clothing onto the character. Same method as the automated system here but user selects.

Sounds cool, but can not get it to work properly. Stops at first one always (loads default VAM girl look) and does not continue from there.. no errors either. Space gives the prompt that it stops, but it does not seem to do anything before it. I have selected ALL or some of the authors. Same result/problem.

Last edited:
Sounds cool, but can not get it to work properly. Stops at first one always (loads default VAM girl look) and does not continue from there.. no errors either. Space gives the prompt that it stops, but it does not seem to do anything before it. I have selected ALL or some of the authors. Same result/problem.

It is not processing at all regardless of which author you select. Does it bring up the screenshot prompts?

Click Windows Start button and launch PowerShell then enter:

Get-Content C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt -tail 20 -wait

Replace YourUserName with your windows account name. This will open VAM output_log file and automatically update when VAM has any errors or messages.

Try running vam and processing it and see if it logs some sort of error.

For those paranoid about running a Powershell script:
output_log.txt is the file Vam writes errors and messages to.
"-tail 20" tells Powershell to dsiplay the last 20 lines text file
"wait" tells powershell to print any new lines as they are added to the text file.

It is just a more convenient than having to open and refreshing the text manually.

Sorry forgot to add Get-Content command to PS script

Last edited:
yep same issue on my side selecting all (I have 6000 of them, waited 24 hours, nothing. no error logs either. single authors works perfectly well. I think I run out of memory before finishing up the enumaration process does it scan all var before processing or does it sequentially?
and to answer your question, yes my files are json scenes files, I unzip all my vars as it speed up A LOT the loading times (and yes I have a script taht removes all var references in the json file.

that would be awsome if we could select the saves/scene folder and work from there.

Last edited:
btw the powershell line just opens up notepad++ for me, doesn't output in PS, nor does it tail, shouldn't be there any | somewhere? (sorry, linux guy here ;) )

the correct PS line is "cat C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt -tail 20 -wait"

btw your plugin is wonderfull, i especially like the way it looks for the head to recenter the picture, that's great, all the screenshots are perfect., I really hope you can implement scanning for ./saves/scenes, and the ./saves/person/appearance folders (recursively ;) )

here is the error I have from the output.log
It is trying to read a corrupt/incorrect formatted JSON file and errors out. Try beta 2 it should report the invalid file and skip over it to continue processing.

"....does it scan all var before processing or does it sequentially? "

The actual JSON search is a coroutined iterator so it does the file search and processing in small steps. Generating the "Author" filter at plugin UI creation thou is not, one of the things i still on a todo list.

Last edited:
Thanks! New version works better, but quite often it just skips taking pictures and presets and just loads models one after each other in the pose.

Last edited:
It should skip making a preset if it sees that the loaded model is a duplicate of an already saved preset of that type.

Mine also seems to run out of memory, (64gb and 10 vram).
Would it be possible to catalogue poses too?

Hey. Mine works, but when I pause and resume it restarts from the beginning. It does make a Cache.json file at the place its supposed to, and it is populated with all the previously scanned models, but for some reason it doesn't resume where it left off.

Related, when I run the script I get this error:

"
!> JSON Parse: Too many closing brackets
!> JSON Parse: Too many closing brackets

"

Great plugin though!

Chokaphi updated Preset Maker with a new update entry:

Release 1

New duplicate cache system existing cache will be deleted.
On Start scans for existing presets and adds them to the duplicate check cache.
Cache system should better detect duplicates.
Presets are now stored in new folder PresetMaker instead of pma-test.
Information window in pluginUI for current state.

Work in progress button that will process the old looks folder and save out presets. This works but has no naming sense.

Known issues:
The author filter selection still scans every...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is a brilliant idea & I've long wished for something like that ... but it's a wee bit slow going to actually load the looks into memory?

.jsons are "just" highly structured textfiles, right? And the four types of presets - appearance (.vap), clothing, skin and hair - do not actually store physics & position/orientation information unless you explicitly tell them to? (if I remember JayJayWon's nifty tables correctly, that is ...)

Wouldn't it be possible to implement a kind of "cheap mode" that just takes the necessary info directly from the .json, writes it to a .vap and doesn't bother with actually instantiating a char in memory? Granted, that'd probably nix the handy screenshot, which is a bummer - but ... your plugin helpfully informed me that I have somewhere north of 7500 vars by roughly 600 authors, and about 4500 presets of my own ...

That's a bit ... much to do it the "elegant & clean way"?

Last edited:
Hmmmmh ... I tested the plugin on my "virgin" install, and actually, loading the chars goes much faster than I thought.

My apologies!

QoL request? A checkbox to tell the plugin to take the screenshot from the position I defined at the beginning of the run and not ask me every single time whether I'm still happy with it. I get the idea (and yes, I adjusted the shot most of the time), but for my own preset-collection, I can live with a handful of slightly botched preset thumbnails every so often if it helps preserving the pitiful remnants of my sanity ...

I managed to get it through my collection after suffering 2-3 crashes that seemed to be VAM hanging from full vram, but I'm not sure. It seemed to get extremely slow at some point when my vram was 98% full, but I wasn't able to confirm whether this or any specific file caused it to lock up. At any rate, it will continue where it let off properly now without any duplicates.
I did notice that pausing with spacebar and then continuing seemed to move the cameras on at least one occasion, I would also love if cams were saved in the plugin settings so I could just use the same setup whenever I needed to add or update looks.

@Case I considered parsing and spitting out the files without loading them in VAM but then I would go from 1000 var without photos to 1000 presets without photos. Which really wouldn't improve things too much. So I went with a slow create a few presets at a time approach.

@Case @Sssrixon Adding the camera save positions into the scene save sounds like a great improvement. Will implement that in the next version.

This is great, thanks man. Works really well.

How about an option for Morph Preset too? :)

@Case I considered parsing and spitting out the files without loading them in VAM but then I would go from 1000 var without photos to 1000 presets without photos. Which really wouldn't improve things too much. So I went with a slow create a few presets at a time approach.

Hmmmmh ... did you consider grabbing the scene thumbnails for that purpose? To be fair to looks-creators: While I hate their stupid habit of publishing looks as scene-JSONs rather than appearance presets (or general presets if physics settings are oh-so-important ...), they mostly tend to have pretty good thumbnails. Come to think of it ... that's pretty much the single one redeeming feature of that stupid, damnable habit ...

@Case @Sssrixon Adding the camera save positions into the scene save sounds like a great improvement. Will implement that in the next version.

Yay!

Another QoL feature request, if I may? Making Presets from scene-look-vars is good. It'd be so much better if we could TOSS THOSE DAMN SCENE-LOOK-VARS OUT OF OUR INSTALL (*pants*). That won't work if the preset references morphs in the original pack - either by reference, or by full UID.

Would it be possible to add an option that commands the plugin to write an empty string ("uid" : "", ) to the preset instead of the full UID, if the respective morph comes from a .var? (eg searching UIDs in the preset for the sequence ":/" - unless there's a "SELF" in front of ":/").

If VaM has a UID for a morph, it will stubbornly ignore refuse to look anywhere but that one location (Because morph UIDs are simply the relative path+filename) - even if numerous instances of the same morph are present at other locations.

But if VaM doesn't have a UID for a morph (simply the empty string - "uid" : "", ), it'll start searching by name - and in the vast majority of cases, it'll find the correct morph (morphs with identical names but different .vmbs are ... rather rare, and anywhooo - one swapped morph is very unlikely to completely break a look. And if it does, well ... "omelette, eggs ..."). Best thing is that it'll also scan .vars in that situation - and since the overwhelming majority of morphs are duplicates of morphs contained in the same ~20 morphpacks (not to mention look-vars ...), it's statistically highly likely that the correct morph will be found in a "well-resourced" installation ("*cough* PackRat, me? *cough*).

The remainder will either be morphs only contained in the pack that the scene came with, or ... the odd unfindeable. I can live without looks that give me too much trouble.

Am I making sense? :rolleyes:

Hello Choka, are you still working on this? Could you please add a boutton for scanning the /saves/scene folder and its sub folders please?

Chokaphi updated Preset Maker with a new update entry:

Release 2

Camera positions are saved with the scene. So you can keep screenshots consistent once you have made screenshot room scene.

Per author scanning on large collections should process faster.

WIP button to scan saved scenes folder. There is no naming sense so it will file presets by folder structure.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom