Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

Could you use this, to make a transparency mask for clothing? So let's say I have a T-shirt, but I want to make it into a crop-top, could I use this to move some transparency layer over the t-shirt to make the bottom part transparent?

You've gone places with this plugin that I didn't think possible. If you could somehow add a couple blending modes (screen, multiply, etc), I'd probably die. lol

This newest update is fucking crazy. Real time adjustable decal placement? It's going to be incredibly easy to add body writing/ect to girls now. Thanks so much for the update

Hi! Why me plugin shows "this space 4 rent" while in your tutorial pictures, the same button is called "apply textures"? Does this custom created textures only apply while the plugin is on?

1681577897502.png

Hi! Why me plugin shows "this space 4 rent" while in your tutorial pictures, the same button is called "apply textures"? Does this custom created textures only apply while the plugin is on?

View attachment 235134

The photos are for an older Version. Back then Decal Maker was too slow to work in realtime so you had to Click "Apply Textures" to update your changes.

After Beta 10 Changes were made in Realtime so that button was no longer used, but kept for future use. The "This Space for Rent" is a joke.

Now in the current RC 4 release That button now says "Edit Textures" and is used to open the texture edit UI.
I recommend removed the older DecalMaker plugins from Addonsfolder and only keeping the latest "Chokaphi.DecalMaker.32.var" in the addon package foder.

The photos are for an older Version. Back then Decal Maker was too slow to work in realtime so you had to Click "Apply Textures" to update your changes.

After Beta 10 Changes were made in Realtime so that button was no longer used, but kept for future use. The "This Space for Rent" is a joke.

Now in the current RC 4 release That button now says "Edit Textures" and is used to open the texture edit UI.
I recommend removed the older DecalMaker plugins from Addonsfolder and only keeping the latest "Chokaphi.DecalMaker.32.var" in the addon package foder.
thanks for the explanation. But I still have this doubt: do I need to aways load the plugin to apply my textures? The correct way to use it is creating textures presets and loading them on my characters?

thanks for the explanation. But I still have this doubt: do I need to aways load the plugin to apply my textures? The correct way to use it is creating textures presets and loading them on my characters?

If you want to have layered textures then yes you will need the plugin loaded. If you want to load an image, reposition, recolor,..., a single image, You can save that single image out.

Could you use this, to make a transparency mask for clothing? So let's say I have a T-shirt, but I want to make it into a crop-top, could I use this to move some transparency layer over the t-shirt to make the bottom part transparent?

No, this tool only handles the figure textures, it does nothing with clothing.

There seems to be a conflict between the latest versions of Decal maker and Titty magic.

In a new empty scene:
1. Add a Person
2. Load plugin Decal Maker 31 or 32 into the person's plugin tab
3. Load plugin Titty Magic 70
It is expected that Titty Magic will load its morphs and opening the Titty Magic custom UI will display its UI. Instead, Titty Magic doesn't load at all and its UI is blank. Removing the Decal Maker plugin causes Titty Magic to finish loading normally.

This issue does not occur with Decal Maker 29 or earlier.

I found a thing that's maybe not a bug, but looks like one at first. If you change texture and move it around, you need to export it and then reapply it as a new layer. Otherwise the layer moves when you add more layers above it. And it causes a weird connection to other layers when you try to remove the messed up layer. It causes the next layer in the sequence to move out of position.

Edit: Not sure if this is a memory issue, but another bug is new layer textures not showing up on the edit textures menu. I had to find a weird work around, but if you change layers on a DIFFERENT body layer, then switch back to the body layer, the texture you're looking for shows up.

And then another issue (again maybe not a bug) is images no longer track properly when scaled under 0.2 Once you start at 0.19 and move down to 0.1, the image gets pulled to the center of the image map rather than actually placing it on the model properly.

Last edited:
I found a thing that's maybe not a bug, but looks like one at first. If you change texture and move it around, you need to export it and then reapply it as a new layer. Otherwise the layer moves when you add more layers above it. And it causes a weird connection to other layers when you try to remove the messed up layer. It causes the next layer in the sequence to move out of position.

Edit: Not sure if this is a memory issue, but another bug is new layer textures not showing up on the edit textures menu. I had to find a weird work around, but if you change layers on a DIFFERENT body layer, then switch back to the body layer, the texture you're looking for shows up.

And then another issue (again maybe not a bug) is images no longer track properly when scaled under 0.2 Once you start at 0.19 and move down to 0.1, the image gets pulled to the center of the image map rather than actually placing it on the model properly.

Thank you for the bug reports. Some of them I knew of and a few are new to me.

The character is using a different shader than the one in the editor UI and the two are not quite in sync. I an reworking the editor UI to better match states between them.

Last edited:
There seems to be a conflict between the latest versions of Decal maker and Titty magic.

In a new empty scene:
1. Add a Person
2. Load plugin Decal Maker 31 or 32 into the person's plugin tab
3. Load plugin Titty Magic 70
It is expected that Titty Magic will load its morphs and opening the Titty Magic custom UI will display its UI. Instead, Titty Magic doesn't load at all and its UI is blank. Removing the Decal Maker plugin causes Titty Magic to finish loading normally.

This issue does not occur with Decal Maker 29 or earlier.
Yes, me and Everlaster, found an interaction between the two that causes a load issue for Tittiymagics UI. Add Tittymagic then Decal Maker, I will change the gameobject I am parenting my confirm UI too in the next release. So the next release of Decal Maker will avoid the problem.

I encountered a strange bug yesterday - the new "Gimp" feature works great in desktop mode, but when in VR mode, I can only move the selected texture horizontally, and only by moving my headset left or right. All the old features work just fine though

Incredible plugin! Great work! Is there a way to move the texture when playing from VR? I also noticed within VR that clicking on the blue box (for setting the rotation axis or whatever), moved it out of the plugin UI and then I couldn't move it anywhere else until reloading the plugin.

Incredible plugin! Great work! Is there a way to move the texture when playing from VR? I also noticed within VR that clicking on the blue box (for setting the rotation axis or whatever), moved it out of the plugin UI and then I couldn't move it anywhere else until reloading the plugin.
I encountered a strange bug yesterday - the new "Gimp" feature works great in desktop mode, but when in VR mode, I can only move the selected texture horizontally, and only by moving my headset left or right. All the old features work just fine though

I have done no work on the VR input yet, I still have work to do on the UI and syncing before trying to deal with it. It just happens the headset is picked up as the mouse input X-axis

for some reason, in this latest version, the Alpha Value sliders all stay at the same level as each other. When you adjust one, they all adjust. And loading presets that had varying levels of alpha, load incorrectly now. Just FYI

for some reason, in this latest version, the Alpha Value sliders all stay at the same level as each other. When you adjust one, they all adjust. And loading presets that had varying levels of alpha, load incorrectly now. Just FYI
Just retested VAR 32 it seems to save and reload alphas. Can you give me a preset/file to check? Is it every time you use/load Decal Maker?

There is a white square defaults to * beside the close button on each decal panel. Is it set to a number? That supposed to sync sliders of the same number is that on?
1681782138196.png

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

RC 5: Ui and Memory

Memory optimization: Should use 2-3 less GB on startup. Loading textures will also consume less ram.

Fix: Change the appearance load UI anchor so we do not interfere with Tittymagics UI load check.

Texture Adjustment Panel:
  • Fix: Mouse and texture movement will sync regardless of scale
  • Fix: UI should sync with Decal changes in main UI Add/remove/order
  • Fix: Alpha clip for nipples/genitals is suppressed when Exporting a texture.
  • Fix: Texture should be movable across the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, since version 31 of this fabulous plugin, I have a problem, the plugin interface is completely buggy, it's almost impossible to use it as it is. My VAM is up to date (1.22.0.1), whether in VR or desktop, the problem persists, I put a screen to show what it looks like.
Hoping you can save my life!!
screen.jpg

Hello, since version 31 of this fabulous plugin, I have a problem, the plugin interface is completely buggy, it's almost impossible to use it as it is. My VAM is up to date (1.22.0.1), whether in VR or desktop, the problem persists, I put a screen to show what it looks like.
Hoping you can save my life!!
View attachment 236252

I think this is the same issue that Dragontails had https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/decal-maker.225/post-60137

In VAM settings make sure that
131239-072a9c3284fc227702e6a977726000de.jpg
is checked. Otherwise bits of my UI are placed under VAM.

Hey amgio @Chokaphi, in the latest release version here, how do we adjust strength for Spec & Gloss like we can for Normals? Thank you!

1682193957469.png
1682193968690.png

Hey amgio @Chokaphi, in the latest release version here, how do we adjust strength for Spec & Gloss like we can for Normals? Thank you!

View attachment 237366View attachment 237367

The current Spec/gloss shader does not have an adjuster. It is currently a 50/50 lerp between colors. Internally I have the sliders hidden for now. I just need to have some time to write an adjustable shader version. It might make it into my next release, at least this post will remind me to work on it

Hi! Awesome plugin! I made a good looking texture by mixing some texture layers. Is there a way to merge the layers and save it as a texture? So I can load it in skin textures?

Back
Top Bottom