• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

My hero!!!!!! Last browsed path is a life changing update for međź’•

Hey Chokaphi, the best plugin in all of VAM for me! Thank you so much. Does this have an append to option where I can merge/add to decals already present on the person? That would be a miracle if this option were there as I could save certain sets like middle and side hair parts alone and then add them to another preset based on what hair the girl is wearing :)

Hey Chokaphi, the best plugin in all of VAM for me! Thank you so much. Does this have an append to option where I can merge/add to decals already present on the person? That would be a miracle if this option were there as I could save certain sets like middle and side hair parts alone and then add them to another preset based on what hair the girl is wearing :)
I don't currently have a way to load presets from triggers. It is something I have been thinking of how to implement it.

However presets stack, so you load preset 1 and then load preset 2 both get applied. There is just no easy way to script it yet. Not sure if this is what you are asking about?

Have you or anyone made a guide of how to use this? I tried it last night (albeit on a male) and can't really figure it out. Apologies for being dumb, but is there any step by step walkthrough anywhere?

Have you or anyone made a guide of how to use this? I tried it last night (albeit on a male) and can't really figure it out. Apologies for being dumb, but is there any step by step walkthrough anywhere?
I dont think this works on a males, unfortunately, only females. Or at least I never could get it to work, but on females no problems.

Last edited:
I dont think this works on a males, unfortunately, only females. Or at least I never could get it to work, but on females no problems.
It should work on Males unless I broke it recently. I will check through the systems and make sure thou.

UI Tutorial Video clip and Images at the bottom of the page. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/decal-maker.196/
It is for an older version but Describes what each button does. Main diff from current version is that Decal Maker now works in real time so no need to click apply.
I think the one thing that confuses people is that the white square https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/decal-maker.196/#lg=1&slide=3 is a clickable button,

Ok, checked and it seems to work fine on males. Males do use completely different UV maps so female decals wont be placed in the proper location but decals made for the male UV work.

Thank you for confirming the male application, Chokaphi! - If I am using VAM you can count on me using this plugin every time on every female person, and hey, now it sounds like on all my males, thank you tremendously for this!

Any chance I can commission you to add the feature which allows for copying an image layer, say I want 2 bikini decals and instead of hitting the + button, finding it in my texture library, I simply can hit a ++ button to duplicate the bikini image I already have in my stack?

Suggestion cross posted from Discord as requested:

Adding support for iris and maybe sclera textures to specifically make it easier to change each eye color/texture individually.

Any chance of a "master alpha slider" for all textures or by section (face/torso/etc)? Allowing a smooth toggle of all or a group of textures by external slider trigger rather than having to do each texture individually.

Thank you for confirming the male application, Chokaphi! - If I am using VAM you can count on me using this plugin every time on every female person, and hey, now it sounds like on all my males, thank you tremendously for this!

Any chance I can commission you to add the feature which allows for copying an image layer, say I want 2 bikini decals and instead of hitting the + button, finding it in my texture library, I simply can hit a ++ button to duplicate the bikini image I already have in my stack?

I like that idea, and will try and get it added, the panel UI is getting crowded so I may need to make the panel it taller, or shrink the preview image.

Any chance of a "master alpha slider" for all textures or by section (face/torso/etc)? Allowing a smooth toggle of all or a group of textures by external slider trigger rather than having to do each texture individually.

Something like this? It is a WIP feature that lets users select a link ID and all panels using that ID will sync.

after importing the plugin on scene...game crashes...any idea ..
Are you close to your max Ram and the addon pushing it over?

Open VAM's log file at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt

See if the last few lines say what happened.

Are you close to your max Ram and the addon pushing it over?

Open VAM's log file at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt

See if the last few lines say what happened.
UnloadAsset can only be used on assets;

(Filename: Line: 397)

GameObjects can not be made active when they are being destroyed.

(Filename: Line: 446)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MVRScript.RemoveSlider (.JSONStorableFloat jsf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DillDoe.ColorScale.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Last line references a DillDoe.ColorScale file but that may just be because VAM crashed and that script did not end cleanly.

Can you load the Decal maker plugin on the Default scene?

Just an FYI, after updating to the new version of VAM today, 1.21.0.4 - i now no longer get a box pop up to select a preset when i hit the Load Preset button.

Just an FYI, after updating to the new version of VAM today, 1.21.0.4 - i now no longer get a box pop up to select a preset when i hit the Load Preset button.
Thanks for the report. I will try and get it fixed this weekend.

no prob. as far as i could tell if a scene already had the plugin loaded and decals were applied it seemed to work fine - i even removed a few from a model and it updated the currently used decals. the preset thing seemed to be the only hangup i could find.

EDIT: just saw Soups post - but my presets dont load with the scene. Very glad this could get updated this weekend and I wonder what else meshes update broke.

anyone else notice this must have tool doesnt load presets in the newest vam upgrade? Huge deal breaker for me as this is the #1 plugin I use on every person......so sad having to revert to a previous version to use this tool - hope it's just me doing something wrong

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Patch for 1.21 and some new features

Patched to work on 1.21.0.4
Fixed: Broken load preset button.
Fixed: Images with filenames too long would error ImagePathText. Now sanitized length

Added new features:
Two new buttons added to decal panels. One copies the current panel and one that links panel settings.

Green ++ button: Makes a duplicate of the current panel and places it bellow current panel.

White button with * Click this button to select a number. All panels with the same number with sync alpha and color values...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So with this plugin I can add tattoos to my models? Are there tattoos included? If not where can I get some? Where do I need to save them so the plugin finds them? What format do they need to be in? Sorry for all the questions but I couldn't find the answers elsewhere.

A tutorial video or written explanation on how to add a simple tattoo to a model would be great!

Google this: https://hub.virtamate.com tattoo

I always unzip textures, like tattoos, to a specialized folder structure under my VAM\Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\_Decals\ so I can quickly find these files for this epic plug - then load the plugin on a person and in the plugin click either limbs, torso, genitals, or one of the corresponding body parts and load the desired texture. Dont be afraid to test everything, you wont break your vam.

Back
Top Bottom