Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

everlaster, Try replacing this clear.png into the DecalMaker VAR in the \Custom\Scripts\Chokaphi\VAM_Decal_Maker\Cutout\ with the one attached.

The one in VAM at some point became 99% transparent instead of 100% (prpbably during some shader test). I was also using that supposed 100% transparent to test with as well... fml

If it fixes it for you I will upload a new version

Attachments

• Clear.png
    Clear.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Any chance you could make an option of saving all the layered textures as one?
Save it as a preset. We also save a cached version for later use so speed wise its quite fast.

If you mean save the Final Flattened texture as a PNG/JPG . Not something I can do since it would mean saving out DAZ Licensed Textures and I am sure that's a can of legal worms MeshVR wants to avoid.

I get a custom shader not found error? what to do or how to fix?

Remove all old VAR versions of Decal Maker and make sure you are using the current version. If it still happens please let me know, Beta 7 was supposed to fix such issues.

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Beta 8 Release, small fixes and Preview Panel added

Add: Preview panel. Toggelable panel that shows a live preview of what the layered output will look like.
Click Preview to change preview size.
LIMITS: Can only show aprox 9 textures depending on shader. Is not fully VR ready (Awkward placement).

Add: Specular and Gloss added to Bulk Bake system.

Fix: Clear texture was only 99% clear leading to slight tint issues at low alpha values.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Save it as a preset. We also save a cached version for later use so speed wise its quite fast.

If you mean save the Final Flattened texture as a PNG/JPG . Not something I can do since it would mean saving out DAZ Licensed Textures and I am sure that's a can of legal worms MeshVR wants to avoid.
People already can do that, it's just it takes manual work with an image editor. Just add a disclaimer to not violate licenses with the script?

I love this plugin, next to Timeline I think this is one of the plugins I use the most, thank you!

One of the limitations I have run into is the inability to change the preset using triggers or buttons. Am I missing something?

For example, when I set up a button to change positioning, cloths, and animations I cannot seem to figure out how to "Load Preset". Am I missing something?
A couple additions that would be really cool:
"Load Preset by Name" - so we can trigger changes with VAM trigger's and Timeline triggers
"Adjust Alpha" for individual entries (I realize this would be fairly difficult if not impossible)

Solo recibo una calcomanía de ayuda, ¿en qué carpeta debo colocar las calcomanías?

Can layer's alpha be set dynamically so that it can be changed in Timeline or by other triggers?

Hey Chokaphi! I'm attempting to make a "Cock Builder" and was hoping to use your decal maker as the vehicle. I've made different texture sets for glans, shafts. and testicles to be mix-and-matched, but the issue im facing is that normal maps with transparency do not work. So instead i tried a neutral blue background for all my cut-outs but then of course as they build up, it effects the entire gens area and ends up being mis-matched from torso.

any advise would be greatly appreciated. If it's not possible with decal maker, i'll probably just release the textures on their own so people can build them in photo editing application using overlay.

perhaps there is a way to create a feathered edge all around the genitals UV border?

Question regarding textures - I know for decals, they work as transparent layers like in Photoshop. But for specular, gloss and Normal, do they also work this way or do they blow out the files you have set in the standard slots of the figure? If I have those textures with transparency, will they work in combination with the standard texture slots? THanks!

Question regarding textures - I know for decals, they work as transparent layers like in Photoshop. But for specular, gloss and Normal, do they also work this way or do they blow out the files you have set in the standard slots of the figure? If I have those textures with transparency, will they work in combination with the standard texture slots? THanks!

• Decal slots are blended with a transparent base layer, the other texture slots blend any existing source texture with the textures.
  • Spec/gloss blend with with lerp( Tex1, Tex2, AlphaTex2)
  • Normals are blended using Unitys built in BlendNormal examples of the various methods mentioned here https://blog.selfshadow.com/publications/blending-in-detail/

Last edited:
Hey man... Love this Plugin... This plugin should be Implemented on the Upcoming VAM...
BTW I want to asking some question, so when I want to update my Preset, add more tatto to my model, why this plugin reload all/other Decals ?
Like I have Limb Tatto, but I just want to add more tattoo on torso, when I Apply it, the Plugin reload all the texture include the Limb Part...
That's make my VAM Crash each time I want to update my Tattoo...
Hope you can fix the update so it's reload only Specifict Part that I added...Like Reload the Decals for Torso part Only, etc...

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Beta 9 Release

This release allows near real time changes to textures.

Changed: Render system to allow much quicker changes.
Removed: "Apply" button.

Refactoring a lot of core code is still in progress. Things to be removed, Preview panel, cache, tempmanager systems.
Plugin takes longer to load and finish UI

Read the rest of this update entry...

Request to add Opacity slider variables to jasonstorable (each texture loaded if possible) EX. Fade in/out blush on model, Vein pulse effect from normal map opacity

Request to add Opacity slider variables to jasonstorable (each texture loaded if possible) EX. Fade in/out blush on model, Vein pulse effect from normal map opacity
Ok, thanks. Will work on that first then before trying to get the more fancy stuff to work

More details please? Issues with color, slider changes issues loading or sorting textures? Something else?
as soon as I add the plugin to the atom, the FPS drops from 70-75 to 30-40. There is no such problem in previous versions

as soon as I add the plugin to the atom, the FPS drops from 70-75 to 30-40. There is no such problem in previous versions

It sounds like the plugin isn't fully loading, if it can't find the included Shader aset bundle I can see it tanking performance as that loop runs until the shaders are loaded.

Is the plugin loading fully? Is there anything in the error logs? There should be no impact once fully loaded since it does nothing unless you are changing images/values.

Can you remove any other Decal Maker VAR files and make sure only the latest is installed in VAM.

It sounds like the plugin isn't fully loading, if it can't find the included Shader aset bundle I can see it tanking performance as that loop runs until the shaders are loaded.

Is the plugin loading fully? Is there anything in the error logs? There should be no impact once fully loaded since it does nothing unless you are changing images/values.

Can you remove any other Decal Maker VAR files and make sure only the latest is installed in VAM.
I deleted all the Decal Maker VAR files and downloaded the plugin again. I do not know if it is fully loaded, but it works and there are no errors in the logs

Back
Top Bottom