Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Beta 11 Scotty Edition

Improved: Found a bit more speed 'inna her Cptn. Improved render speed making animated triggers smoother.
Fixed: 600+ texture loads. Loading Looks/Appearances could trigger a bug causing VAM to reload the same skin textures over and over.
Added: Texture reset added to triggers. This is the soft reset that keeps all decals present.

Testing a 10 second fade 1 texture slot:
Old: 160fps > 78fps
New: 160fps > 155fps

Testing a 10 second fade 4 texture slots:
Old: 160fps > 55fps...

Read the rest of this update entry...

this is after loading a fresh game, default character, loading the plugin, then loading a save.
seems to work normal as long as you load the plugin after choosing a character.

and that's a saved appearance, ie, the 'load look' on the main control tab,
not an appearance preset, general preset, etc.

sort of just stumbled into the issue after downloading and jumping in.
Should be fixed in Beta 11.

In the new version, decals are loaded into the scene and preset.
Glad it is working now

Should be fixed in Beta 11.
Thanks! I've also noticed a similar issue when removing an applied decal, the added decals (via plugin) will disappear, and the base textures will reload.
Changing the alpha slider will make the added decals reappear, among other things that "refresh" the plugin.

Haven't yet tested with B11.

Thanks! I've also noticed a similar issue when removing an applied decal, the added decals (via plugin) will disappear, and the base textures will reload.
Changing the alpha slider will make the added decals reappear, among other things that "refresh" the plugin.

Haven't yet tested with B11.

Some of it is just that VAM texture controls are inaccessible to a plugin, and it is a bit hard to detect when some things happen. I basically have to manipulate the Textures in GPU land and reset it back to the textures VAM expects to be there on character/skin changes. It has ... quirks

你好,请问如何使用插件实现同样的肤色效果,我不懂英文,只想修改阴道和乳头图。

Great plugin. Next goal, auto-generate .png files for these creations and the ability to link to new PNG for appearance. Honestly, I'd use that vs the plug-ins internal save, but I'm a light user, so this would suit my needs, maybe not everyone else's.

For some reason, when I load this latest version, the main four categories no longer show images.

For some reason, when I load this latest version, the main four categories no longer show images.
If you close and reopen the Decal Maker UI do they show then? The current version allows teh UI to show before the skin has finished loading and it will appear blank in UI. Waiting a moment after adding Decal maker or closing/reopen UI should refresh.

If you close and reopen the Decal Maker UI do they show then? The current version allows teh UI to show before the skin has finished loading and it will appear blank in UI. Waiting a moment after adding Decal maker or closing/reopen UI should refresh.
Unfortunately it doesn't. I've tried reloading the plugin, closing the ui, etc. The textures are there, but they don't show the preview icons for any of the four slots. Or the textures being used.

It also doesn't load the buttons on each texture to change order or remove them.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 081932.jpg

It also doesn't load the buttons on each texture to change order or remove them.

View attachment 130463

That's odd, really odd. Are you on the current version of VAM 1.20.77.9? have to say I have not seen this behavior before, are there any errors in VAM?

If you open powershell and enter Get-Content "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME HERE\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt" -wait

That will open VAM log file and watch it. When you open decal maker does it throw any error messages in that powershell window?

That's odd, really odd. Are you on the current version of VAM 1.20.77.9? have to say I have not seen this behavior before, are there any errors in VAM?

If you open powershell and enter Get-Content "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME HERE\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt" -wait

That will open VAM log file and watch it. When you open decal maker does it throw any error messages in that powershell window?
Definitely the most current version of VAM. I'll have to check the logs when I get on again.

I checked that log and while it has tons of errors (mostly missing var packages) there's nothing that mentions the plugin. I tried it on a clean install of VAM and it does work there. So definitely something with my install, but not sure what. I'll keep digging and see if I can find a link

Ha...found it. After spending 2 hours eliminating all sorts of things (literally reinstalled my whole VAM program)...I finally found the culprit. It's a User preference. Specifically, the one that will allow the main UI to always draw in front of the objects in the scene or not. It's called "Draw UI On Top" and if this is unchecked (as I sometimes have it) then your plugin won't display properly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 193811.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 193811.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Ha...found it. After spending 2 hours eliminating all sorts of things (literally reinstalled my whole VAM program)...I finally found the culprit. It's a User preference. Specifically, the one that will allow the main UI to always draw in front of the objects in the scene or not. It's called "Draw UI On Top" and if this is unchecked (as I sometimes have it) then your plugin won't display properly.

Thanks for letting me know what was causing it, it will help me point out issues to others.

I will dig into VAM and see what the option changes and what I can do to work around. All of the UI picture elements are using the built in UI shader (aside from the normal map), So I am guessing VAM is using a different shader for parts of its UI's

Thanks for letting me know what was causing it, it will help me point out issues to others.

I will dig into VAM and see what the option changes and what I can do to work around. All of the UI picture elements are using the built in UI shader (aside from the normal map), So I am guessing VAM is using a different shader for parts of its UI's
No worries. I'm sure there's some sort of way to fix it, but even if not, it's not that dire to just swap the setting. Maybe even just an auto toggle in the plugin that changes the setting.

Is it just me or Nipple got Tranparent with the Decal ? Like I wanna add Nipple Color, the Texture is Invisible on Nipple Part...
Is anyone can Confirm it ?

Is it just me or Nipple got Tranparent with the Decal ? Like I wanna add Nipple Color, the Texture is Invisible on Nipple Part...
There's a checkbox for nipples and genitals to keep those transparent. You'll want to uncheck those.

There's a checkbox for nipples and genitals to keep those transparent. You'll want to uncheck those.

As Dragontales stated turn off the nipple clip checkbox. That makes the "nipple areas" transparent if those checkboxes are enabled. It is useful when you have tanlines or body tattoo decals where you do not want the nipples color shifted as well.

@Dragontales I found that VAM changes the internal Unity shader when that checkbox is enabled. So my UI is still made but behind the VAM ui instead of on top. That is why there are no errors. I can fix it but will need to rework some other bits that break if I use VAM's method. Thanks again for finding out what caused the issue.

Last edited:
Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Beta 12: Video Killed the Radio Star Edition

Video is now a supported option. Select the same way you would choose an image. Video should be in 4096*4096 format.
When using a video source new trigger variables are available:
Play/Pause
Jump to Frame #
Jump to Time

This is a feature I made to see if it was possible, it has no use case yet, but allows for animated decal/specular and normal effects that I hope some creative people can make use of.

Fix: Prefabs recognize the new naming of saved presets. The removal of the dsgn to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Video format you say?
Any particular file extension not supported, or best to use?
IE, avi, mp4, etc

Video format you say?
Any particular file extension not supported, or best to use?
IE, avi, mp4, etc
I could not find any documentation for what formats unity 2018 supports, so I used a file formats for unity 2022. For Performance I had the same issues, I do not know what is the best or worst to use.
Basically the file selector should only show formats the Video or image system says it can support, but it might not actually work with 2018

Is there any way to make this plugin remember last used folder? It used do to that, now it resets to main texture folder every time...

Back
Top Bottom