• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

Chokaphi

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Chokaphi submitted a new resource:

Decal Maker - Merge Textures In Game

Decal Maker Alpha 6:

Adds support for Specular and Gloss Textures.

Partial Normal Map support due to the way VAM built in characters are setup. This is still a incomplete WIP.

Save file format and file name changed to allow for Spec/Gloss/Norm support. Old saves and presets will still load, but will save in the new format.

Read more about this resource...

BUGReport Discord.
MiniMaxToday at 7:31 AM
@Chokaphi Are you still working on the DecalMaker plugin? I'm using this amazing plugin on a daily base now and want to report some bugs and have 2 suggestions for improvement:
Bugs (regarding Decal channel, that I'm solely using):
1) I'm using already the fix for save but also plugin loading has a problem. Most of the time the plugin is not loading correctly, the plugin UI is empty and does then of course not load the saved preset.
If I add the StopTime script too and switch that off after loading the scene, the Decal Maker plugin is then immediately loaded correctly and also loads the preset. So it seems to be just a timing issue

2) On initial loading the transparency setting for a decal texture is not applied

3) The list of decal textures increases (with duplicated entries) with saving/loading presets Suggestions:
1) I't should be possible to overwrite an existing preset (with overwrite warning)
2) The path/name of the loaded textures should be shown in the entry, it is hard to track down the origin later just by the thumbnail image

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Decal Maker Alpha 8:

New features:
Prefab system, this is for Creators who want to have similar "decals" in a package.
For example a variety of Eye shadows or lipsticks to be displayed and selected in an organized manner.
Prefabs are presets named with a specific format CREATOR_Type of Item_Item Name and then saved into the Prefabs folder inside the presets folder.
To Use Prefabs click the prefab button and Select from the list of "Items Types" then select the specific item.
Prefabs are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BUG .
Class S Weeb
im also noticing that the texture applied through the plugin is somewhat lighter than it should be? unknown.png

Beta 3 release for 1.20+

Fixes to better work with 1.20 VAM changes.
Reworked Addon and Save loading to try and fix incomplete UI issues.
Fix: The characters normal map was not being properly baked with Decal Makers normal maps.
Fix: Sync issue when changing characters. Decal Maker would still be applying textures to the previous figure not the current one.
Fix: Changed the way we reset textures to work with VAM's texture control. It is slower that applying directly but should be better at keeping Decal Maker and...

Speed focused changes, may be buggier than previous betas

Beta 4 released. This is version is to test the new bulk shader and cache systems.
Only the DECAL slot makes use of the new systems, if it shows no issues I will expand the same system to the other slots.

Adds: New Bulk Decal Shader. This shader layers 10 Decals plus the nipple/gen texture cutouts in one pass.

Adds: Baked texture cache system. Same basic system as VAM Texture cache. Located wherever VAM Cache folder is in a DecalMakerCache subfolder. This Cache will only store 80 entries...

Hey, great plugin, but it dosent seen to work now, aways get error saying "decalmaker:custom shader not found" when trying to apply texture. Am I missing some other depencency?

Hey, great plugin, but it dosent seen to work now, aways get error saying "decalmaker:custom shader not found" when trying to apply texture. Am I missing some other depencency?
Is it on saved scenes or completely fresh scenes?
Make sure you have disabled or removed any old Decal maker versions. The Shaders Beta 4 uses were updated and VAM may be loading an older asset file from the older Decal Maker versions.

Is it on saved scenes or completely fresh scenes?
Make sure you have disabled or removed any old Decal maker versions. The Shaders Beta 4 uses were updated and VAM may be loading an older asset file from the older Decal Maker versions.
It's on a new scene, without any older decal maker installed.
Edit: Just tested it again, now it worked, but proved to be too much for my current pc setup! Probably yeasterday the PC resources where already maxed and it could not load the shader.
Will be able to use it to it's full potential when I upgrade!

Last edited:

Beta 5 Released

Beta 5: This release is testing some performance ideas and may be a little more unstable>

Changed: IMPORTANT: Updated the way Decal are blended to use pre-multiplied alpha. This will have some affects on looks but behaves better without the alpha rings the old method had.
Just provides a cleaner and more photoshop like layering.

Normal Maps are now using the same bulk bake and cache system as decals in Beta 4.

Added: Normal Maps slider now controls how Strong the Normal Map is. Range is...

Sorry, there is nothing wrong with the plug-in, it was caused by another problem

!> Exception caught: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,VAM_Decal_Maker.SelectionPanel].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VAM_Decal_Maker.HeaderPanel+<HeaderPanel>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VAM_Decal_Maker.Decal_Maker.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited:
i have a problem with the decals everytime i try to load one i get the error decalmaker custom shader not found what can i do to fix that?

This is my first time using Decal Maker. I have the latest Beta of VaM 1.20.1.5, Version 14 of Dcal Maker and deleted older Var files as directed. However, I'm getting an error message when attempting to apply textures:

!> Failed to load Cache json Attempted to create directory at non-secure path ~/VaM/Cache/DecalMakerCache/
!> Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Don't know what could cause that. Should have permissions to access that directory.

I have the same "custom shader not found" error on loading previously saved preset in this plugin. When working with plugin without loading preset - everything just fine.

Applying a decal at 0.000 Alpha bleaches the skin a little bit (even if there's no texture loaded). This means that in order to avoid seams between different texture areas (e.g. limbs vs torso), you need to load at least an empty decal at 0.000 Alpha in all areas when any one area is using an actual decal texture. It also means that the original skin tone is not preserved in areas where the decal has full transparency.

Example: Decal without any texture at 0.000 alpha loaded on Torso but not on Limbs.
example.png

Last edited:

Fixes for some outstanding bugs

Had time today to actually fix a few more bugs besides the necessary Hotfix so sorry for the close releases.

Fixes one eye VR issue with the Normal Map UI Slider (recompiled unity asset)
Fixes Normal Maps not saving slider value.
Changes load system to try and fix "Shader not found" < I hate this issue and hope it is really dead this time.
Changes Default texture reset system Faster but less robust.

Applying a decal at 0.000 Alpha bleaches the skin a little bit (even if there's no texture loaded). This means that in order to avoid seams between different texture areas (e.g. limbs vs torso), you need to load at least an empty decal at 0.000 Alpha in all areas when any one area is using an actual decal texture. It also means that the original skin tone is not preserved in areas where the decal has full transparency.

Example: Decal without any texture at 0.000 alpha loaded on Torso but not on Limbs.
View attachment 24509

I think this is a issue with VAM's shader. Try applying a completely clear layer to the decal slot in VAM and you should see the same seam.
Capture.JPG
DecalMaker just flattens everything into one image then feeds that into VAM's Decal Shader so I don't think there is anything I can do.

I think this is a issue with VAM's shader. Try applying a completely clear layer to the decal slot in VAM and you should see the same seam.

DecalMaker just flattens everything into one image then feeds that into VAM's Decal Shader so I don't think there is anything I can do.

There is no bleaching and no seam when applying a transparent decal in the Skin Textures tab. It's definitely something to do with how the plugin applies the texture, maybe it's missing some step that VAM would otherwise do.

Here's the base female string bikini 12% torso decal from DJ.Tanlines.1, applied to the regular decal slot:

vam-decal.jpg

The same decal in DecalMaker:

vam-decal-decalmaker.jpg

Back
Top Bottom