Decal Maker

Plugins Decal Maker

I'm sorry. I am writing from an auto-translator. My presets are not loading. I select a preset, click on it, and nothing happens.

Last edited:
I deleted all the Decal Maker VAR files and downloaded the plugin again. I do not know if it is fully loaded, but it works and there are no errors in the logs
Thanks for the video. At 21 sec it goes from showing the addon load screen to showing the Chokaphi Asset bundle, was that a video cut just to show the bundle loaded? If you open the Decal Maker UI and click the clear everything button does it affect your FPS?

If you open Tank Manger what is your RAM usage after loading the plugin?
I was slightly able to replicate your issue when I ran low on ram, Decal Maker uses quite a bit of RAM and is currently not properly unloading the textures and mats when you Click reload. I was able to quicly ram starve VAM and tank my performance. I will try and focus on reducing ram usage and cleaning up properly but want to check and see if that is the reason you are seeing such a hit..

I'm sorry. I am writing from an auto-translator. My presets are not loading. I select a preset, click on it, and nothing happens.

Ok, Lets test Decal Maker. From your video:
  1. Click Load Preset
  2. on left side of screen click "Juno.Robyn.1"
  3. Click "free shadow.dsgn.DecalMakerPreset"
  4. Click Face Square
  5. Does it load something? Even just white square?

Thanks for the video. At 21 sec it goes from showing the addon load screen to showing the Chokaphi Asset bundle, was that a video cut just to show the bundle loaded? If you open the Decal Maker UI and click the clear everything button does it affect your FPS?

If you open Tank Manger what is your RAM usage after loading the plugin?
I was slightly able to replicate your issue when I ran low on ram, Decal Maker uses quite a bit of RAM and is currently not properly unloading the textures and mats when you Click reload. I was able to quicly ram starve VAM and tank my performance. I will try and focus on reducing ram usage and cleaning up properly but want to check and see if that is the reason you are seeing such a hit..
I click the clear everything button and my FPS increased
below I added 2 screenshots, without a plug-in - 3.5GB RAM, with a plug-in up to 25 GB
1651094965316.png

1651095059175.png

Ok, Lets test Decal Maker. From your video:
  1. Click Load Preset
  2. on left side of screen click "Juno.Robyn.1"
  3. Click "free shadow.dsgn.DecalMakerPreset"
  4. Click Face Square
  5. Does it load something? Even just white square?
Here's what happened. Shadows have appeared. Why aren't my presets not loading?

I click the clear everything button and my FPS increased
below I added 2 screenshots, without a plug-in - 3.5GB RAM, with a plug-in up to 25 GB

Does doing this help your FPS?

Here's what happened. Shadows have appeared. Why aren't my presets not loading?

Ok, good the Preset from VAR did load. Now we will try and fix your presets.
Capture.PNG
f If you click blue circled Face icon you will see it. Photo is just in case.

Now we know plugin works let's try and fix your presets!
  • Can you upload the 2.DecalMakerPreset.json file
  • In your virtamate Folder \Custom\Scripts\Chokaphi\VAM_Decal_Maker\Presets
  • Can open in notepad.exe
  • Copy and Paste into message here between [ CODE] .[ /CODE] remove space from [ C
I will look and see if I can find why your preset is not loading

Yes, it helps for FPS, but not for RAM
Yeah, it should not be using that much ram on first load. If you use unpack VAR and load the unpack version does it use that much ram as well?

Regardless I will work on making ram use better.

I don't have that preset in the VAM_Decal_Maker\Presets folder that loaded normally. Juno.Robyn.1 is not there, although in theory it should be there. Or not? There are only my non-loading presets. Where was Juno.Robyn.1 loaded from then? In the game itself, it shows that this preset is in this folder, but in fact, when I myself go into this folder, it is not there.

Last edited:
Juno.Robyn.1 was inside a VAR File. Decal Maker Can find presets other make and include inside VARs. I knew it would be a good test to see if plugin worked,

Also not good, The 2.DecalMakerPreset.json preset is blank it does not have anything saved inside that is why is doesn't apply anything. You need to add Decals through plugin not from Virtamate's decal slot.

So look at the video and try adding textures that way, then Save a new preset and see if that works.

So look at the video and try adding textures that way, then Save a new preset and see if that works.
I didn’t notice in the video that you click on the white square. I didn't think he was clickable. Everything is clear now. Thank you!

Decals not showing up in the scene? The plugin itself is successfully loaded in the scene, but the decals are not displayed. Every time you have to go into the plugin yourself and load the preset.

Decals not showing up in the scene? The plugin itself is successfully loaded in the scene, but the decals are not displayed. Every time you have to go into the plugin yourself and load the preset.
On the Popup click "Allow Always" then reload the test scene. Let me know if that fixes it. I am guessing it may be missing the Load JSON event because it can not run until you click allow.

Am I doing everything right?
1 load the plugin.
2 I apply decals and save the preset just in case.
3 create a new scene with active decals.
Loading this scene, but the decals are not displayed. The plugin itself is loaded.
Maybe some other manipulations need to be done?
Here is the whole process on video and the scene save file and Decal Maker preset file.

Attachments

• 3.json
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.DecalMakerPreset.json
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Am I doing everything right?
1 load the plugin.
2 I apply decals and save the preset just in case.
3 create a new scene with active decals.
Loading this scene, but the decals are not displayed. The plugin itself is loaded.
Maybe some other manipulations need to be done?
Here is the whole process on video and the scene save file and Decal Maker preset file.

... I don't know why. You are doing everything correctly, the save file has the data. Your save works fine when I tested it. I tried to do the same steps you did in the video and it works like it is supposed to.

I am in the middle of re-writting most of the addon so I hope the next version will fix whatever issue you are seeing. I know not loading from Save it terrible but I am not sure what is broken.

Chokaphi updated Decal Maker with a new update entry:

Trigger Edition

Beta 10: Trigger edition
Added: Sliders for each panel are controllable by Triggers.
Added: Color for each panel that are controllable by Triggers.

Fixed: Memory usage and Improved memory usage and disposal when plugin is removed or reloaded.
Fixed: Recently saved presets will show in the load preset window.
Fixed: Prefabs are temporary by default as intended.
Fixed:Slider no longer blocks lower edge of color select on Decal Panels.
Fixed Normal and spec/gloss renderpanel using the applied...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bit of unwanted behavior, sorry if similar issue already reported, I'm lazy.
Loading a new person "look" ended with loading over 900 of the same textures, and the textures on the loaded look did not update until I removed the plugin.

Was able to reproduce
1652144716331.png

nwanted behavior, sorry if similar issue already reported, I'm laz
are you loading a Appearance onto a character that has the plugin on them, or are you loading a save that has been saved with a character with the plugin on them?

are you loading a Appearance onto a character that has the plugin on them, or are you loading a save that has been saved with a character with the plugin on them?
this is after loading a fresh game, default character, loading the plugin, then loading a save.
seems to work normal as long as you load the plugin after choosing a character.

and that's a saved appearance, ie, the 'load look' on the main control tab,
not an appearance preset, general preset, etc.

sort of just stumbled into the issue after downloading and jumping in.

this is after loading a fresh game, default character, loading the plugin, then loading a save.
seems to work normal as long as you load the plugin after choosing a character.

and that's a saved appearance, ie, the 'load look' on the main control tab,
not an appearance preset, general preset, etc.

sort of just stumbled into the issue after downloading and jumping in.
Ok, was able to replicate it. Now why and what is happening.. n.f.c. Thanks for telling me how to trigger it I will dig into it tomorrow

Dug into it abit before bed, whats being loaded repeatedly are not teh decal maker textures but seems to be the custom skins over and over. One finished it all behaves normally..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom